• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Big Pharma Not Happy: 80% of Cannabis Users Give Up Prescription Drugs

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
G-khan: This is a two year old research done in Canada. You can see why big pharma does not want legal Cannabis.
God given plant that would provide medicine that works better than the poisons big pharma provides.
Adults should be able to grow their own medicine.

GodsPlant.jpg
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted on January 11, 2016 by Carol Adl in Health

Big Pharma must be getting seriously worried by the results of a recent survey conducted by the Centre for Addictions Research of BC

The pharmaceutical (along with the alcohol) industry is a powerful influences in Washington and has long been lobbying against cannabis legalization in order to protect their profits.

Natural Blaze reports:

However, the tide has turned as decriminalization of medical and recreational cannabis sweeps the nation and the continent. With legalization, more and more people are discovering how this plant can provide a safe alternative to the dangerous effects of prescription pills.

The survey of 473 adult therapeutic cannabis users found that 87% of respondents gave up prescription medications, alcohol, or other drugs in favor of cannabis. Adults under 40 were likely to give up all three of these for medical cannabis.

The most startling revelation, and one that will have Big Pharma running to their crony lawmakers, is that 80% of respondents reported substituting cannabis for prescription drugs.

In addition, 52% said they substituted cannabis for alcohol and 32% said they substituted it for illicit substances. These results indicate a very promising trend of people moving away from dangerously addictive and deadly substances in favor of a miracle plant that has never caused an overdose death.

The finding that cannabis was substituted for all three classes of substances suggests that the medical use of cannabis may play a harm reduction role in the context of use of these substances, and may have implications for abstinence-based substance use treatment approaches. Further research should seek to differentiate between biomedical substitution for prescription pharmaceuticals and psychoactive drug substitution, and to elucidate the mechanisms behind both.

As The Free Thought Project has reported before, the U.S. is in the midst of a painkiller epidemic, with overdose deaths skyrocketing as Big Pharma has secured its grip on government and mainstream medicine. Opioid painkillers and heroin have driven overdose deaths to the point where they are now the leading cause of fatal injuries in the U.S. Alcohol is also killing Americans at a rate not seen in 35 years.

The results of this survey confirm that cannabis is the answer to all of these problems.

Americans for Safe Access has a comprehensive breakdown of conditions that cannabis can treat, and comparisons to prescription pills.

Chronic Pain
Arthritis
Gastrointestinal Disorders
Movement Disorders
Multiple Sclerosis

We are just beginning to confirm the benefits of cannabis on other conditions such as anxiety which is normally treated with pills such as Xanax, insomnia which is normally treated with pills such as Ambien, and antidepressants which are treated with pills such as Zoloft. All of these prescription drugs can cause debilitating addiction or severe side-effects.

Although the war on drugs put a stop to medical cannabis research for decades, in recent years we have seen a surge in studies being performed, as prohibition crumbles and the Schedule 1 classification of “no medical benefit” is exposed as a farce.

http://yournewswire.com/big-pharma-not-happy-80-of-cannabis-users-give-up-prescriptions-drugs/

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The only reason why I drink alcohol is because I can’t smoke weed due to my job requirements.

Remove the requirements and i would rarely ever touch it.

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
It don't work well as a blood thinner but it sure do kick most everything else.
I sleep grounded each night and one thing it does for me is thin and separate my blood cells.. I will provide a couple vids on this below..

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Generic aspirin works just as well as High cost prescription blood thinners. Better in most cases. That is what my Cardiologist believes,

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Generic aspirin works just as well as High cost prescription blood thinners. Better in most cases. That is what my Cardiologist believes,
I used to use aspirin found earthing/grounding as most effective. Watch the two vids and see if it is something you want to try. It may work for you and it is all natural. Ever go to a lake and sit on a dock and put your feet in the water? Most people almost right away feel a relaxing soothing feeling - that's grounding if you have experienced that, you know what I am saying. Research it and see if it is for you. I spent 80 bucks on a half sheet that goes on my bed that I sleep on? You can also make your own and can find videos on how to do so..

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
@ G-kahn
I am unfamiliar with the practice, but I certainly will look into it. Thanks.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
The only reason why I drink alcohol is because I can’t smoke weed due to my job requirements.

Remove the requirements and i would rarely ever touch it.

Muj -- Wow. You are just a coupla decades behind me; I had avoid any pot at all until I was:

1. Independent financially

2. Retired

The stupid laws inflicted upon us by rich barons in the paper business made it so that I had to take drugs for pain. The US Gummint supplied POUNDS of pills to me. Opiods.

I no longer touch that shit. I have cartons of hellacious-strong pills... I am keeping them for possible emergencies where I might be able to help others with them if SHTF.

MAKE SURE IT IS "BABY" ASPIRIN !!!!!!! (That means 'coated' like M&M's)

If you regularly ingest UNcoated aspirin, you will encourage ulcers. <<== This from a real doctor (Scooter).

JDRock

Seeker
Seeker
Big pharma wont take this hit lying down.we can expect a flurry of negative stories about pot use and its dangers. Driving stoned, working stoned etc will be plastered all over the media as they attempt to regain their profits and control.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
MAKE SURE IT IS "BABY" ASPIRIN !!!!!!! (That means 'coated' like M&M's)

If you regularly ingest UNcoated aspirin, you will encourage ulcers. <<== This from a real doctor (Scooter).
Enteric coated aspirin

If you shop for aspirin these days, whether for pain relief or to protect your heart, you’ll find that some are "enteric coated," including virtually all low-dose aspirin (except the chewable kind). Enteric-coated aspirin is sometimes labeled "safety coated." For instance, "safety coated for added stomach protection," says the Bayer label. "Safer on the stomach—designed to dissolve safely in the small intestine, not in the stomach," boasts Ecotrin, which employs "safer" or "safely" several times on its package. From this, you may conclude that the enteric coating prevents the stomach bleeding that aspirin can cause. But it’s misleading advertising. Enteric coatings do not reduce the risk of significant stomach bleeding, and they even have some drawbacks.

What enteric does—and doesn’t do... click link

I take 80mg aspirin as well. If I don't eat some food with it it burns the lining of the stomach (salicylic acid) and whoo boy does that ever hurt! Feels like someone's sticking a knife in your gut. It eventually heals in a couple days, but sure makes sleeping difficult.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I sleep grounded each night and one thing it does for me is thin and separate my blood cells.. I will provide a couple vids on this below..
Problem I've had when indulging in MJ is it doesn't put me to sleep. I lie awake until I finally pass out around 3 am.

Not sure why (probably because it was illegal for so long?) but I get all paranoid like. Personality changes as well.

I also lose the ability to play guitar. Call it a super lazy attitude? I 'forget' where the chords go. As a result, I don't imbibe.

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Problem I've had when indulging in MJ is it doesn't put me to sleep. I lie awake until I finally pass out around 3 am.

Not sure why (probably because it was illegal for so long?) but I get all paranoid like. Personality changes as well.

I also lose the ability to play guitar. Call it a super lazy attitude? I 'forget' where the chords go. As a result, I don't imbibe.
I use cannabis only at bedtime and I eat it - smoking it gets me too messed up. I have arthritis and severe inflammation, I get it legally and use a balanced 1mg to 1mg cbd to thc oil suspension mix. The cbd cancels out most of the paranoid head tripping traits for me. I take it at bedtime only, or I would get nothing done - makes me very lazy and I feel stupid can't remember things.

It is a very good medicine that works on a vast array of ailments! If it were legal you could find the strain that would work for you.. Like Charlots Web strain has so little thc that it does not get you high/stoned.. Unheated cannabis may be the best way to use it for health... Cannabis smoked has less medical value than oral, juiced or suppository paths.

Some videos below if interested..

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
You can see why big pharma does not want legal Cannabis.
<heh> Gives you a bit of a clue as to why it has been so vilified all these past years. Even the new yerk times is getting the message:
Why Is CBD Everywhere?
It’s hard to say the precise moment when CBD, the voguish cannabis derivative, went from being a fidget spinner alternative for stoners to a mainstream panacea. With CBD popping up in nearly everything — bath bombs, ice cream, dog treats — it is hard to overstate the speed at which CBD has moved from the Burning Man margins to the cultural center.

A year ago, it was easy to be blissfully unaware of CBD. Now, to measure the hype, it’s as if everyone suddenly discovered yoga. Or penicillin. Or maybe oxygen.
And some other bit of trivia here; shit kickers and pot: Musical Marijuana

BF

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would smoke it but I suddenly become 800 pounds and can't get off the couch even if the house is on fire.
I lost 40 pounds since I started using cannabis..

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Granny Storm Crow's List - January 2018

Well, we are still waiting for Trump to make good on his words- "Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don't we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states."* Was that just another meaningless “campaign promise”?
When will our federal government bow to reality and the will of the people, and de-schedule cannabis? An effective herbal medicine that is safer to use than common aspirin has no business being a Schedule I drug! And we all know cannabis is a far safer intoxicant to use than alcohol.
Just why are medicines that can cause “suicidal thoughts or actions” perfectly fine to prescribe, while a simple herb that lifts your mood is strictly forbidden by federal law? Why are synthetic forms of THC (Marinol, Syndros, and Cesamet) considered as legitimate medicines that can be prescribed, yet THC, when extracted from a plant, is Schedule I – having no medical uses?
Our government’s Compassionate Investigational New Drug Program has been in existence since the mid-1970s. Every single month, the aging patients in the program have received 300 pre-rolled, government-issued “marijuana cigarettes” to be used for medical purposes. If cannabis has no medical uses, why has our government continued to provide medical marijuana for those patients for decades?
Over at PubMed (a .gov site), studies detailing the varied medical uses of cannabis and the cannabinoids are being published at an increasingly rapid rate. Yet our government stubbornly clings to its out-dated claims that cannabis has NO medical uses.
This List of studies and news articles is my protest to our government’s prohibition of all forms of cannabis. It is my hope that you will share my List and its information with others. Once the facts about cannabis become known, the need for full federal legalization becomes obvious!
In 1938, hemp was called “The Billion Dollar Crop”**. To put that into perspective, in 1938 you could get a brand new luxury car, a Chrysler Royal Brougham, for all of $975. So how much do you think the industrial hemp market would be worth today? And that amount is bolstered by the many new and remarkable uses for hemp that have been created during the last 80 years.
The government’s deliberate ignorance and outright lies about this useful, healing plant must end! For 80 years, our government has waged a futile and expensive war not only against this plant, but against its own people. The cruel fiction of “Schedule I” must give way to the facts - cannabis IS medicine and hemp is a multi-billion dollar crop just waiting to happen. And as my late grandfather once said, “If the truth won’t do, then something is wrong!”
Granny Storm Crow
*The Donald Trump Quote You Didn't Hear... http://www.outsiderclub.com/the-donald-trump-quote-you-didnt-hear-pot-stocks-investing-in- legal-marijuana/1840
** New Billion Dollar Crop http://www.hempfarm.org/BillionDollarCrop.html

Granny Storm Crow's List - January 2018
It Is Time for Marijuana to Be Reclassified as Something Other Than a Schedule I Drug! (article - 2005) (It’s been 13 years now. Just sayin’!)
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1681626&tool=pmcentrez
NEWS ARTICLES - 2010 - 2018
CONDITIONS AND RELATED ITEMS NEWS ARTICLES 2010 – 2018
Beginners – start here No one is born knowing about cannabis, we all were beginners once. Reading these now will save you a lot of questions later.
The Endocannabinoid System: A Beginner’s Guide (news – 2017)
https://www.leafscience.com/2017/03/17/the-endocannabinoid-system-a-beginners-guide/
The Endocannabinoid System For Dummies (We’ve Made It Easy For You)
(news – 2016) http://herb.co/2016/07/28/endocannabinoid-system-dummies/
Cannabis Advice for the Novice Consumer (news – 2016)
https://www.hellomd.com/health-wellness/cannabis-advice-for-the-novice-consumer
CannaCurious? Here’s How To Get Started With Marijuana (news – 2016)
https://thefreshtoast.com/cannabis/...-started-with-marijuana/#sthash.kjiYzTwe.dpuf
Cannabis 101: THC vs CBD (news – 2016)
https://www.hellomd.com/health-wellness/57a17dc121a3ad00076694fc/cannabis-101-thc-vs-cbd

Much more:

http://salem-news.com/files/Granny Storm Crow 2018.pdf

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I use cannabis only at bedtime and I eat it - smoking it gets me too messed up. I have arthritis and severe inflammation, I get it legally and use a balanced 1mg to 1mg cbd to thc oil suspension mix. The cbd cancels out most of the paranoid head tripping traits for me. I take it at bedtime only, or I would get nothing done - makes me very lazy and I feel stupid can't remember things.
G-Khan, I am the same way ( I have arthritis and severe inflammation). Here in Orygun, we can grow our own & I do. I grow 2 plants of high quality & make my own oil.
I sleep well.

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
How does cannabis work, and how is it that simple plant can help alleviate so many kinds of conditions, literally hundreds, see Granny Smith Crow? ? ?

Cannabis is an amplifier. It doesn't do anything to you, let me say that again, it doesn't do anything to you. It can only amplify what's in you, and your bodys number uno job is to heal it's self.

Pharmseuticals are and have been sold since the 1800s with the claim that the substances heal you. Bullshit. We've gone into this numerous times here on gim. Substances you take in can only help or hinder healing whatever you need to heal. Modern medicine and its godlike treatment of pharmceuticals is purposeful error.

Cannabis back before the prohibition was included in the great majority of medical preparations because it also amplified the other constitutient meds in the preparation, for example, you could buy an anti-parasitic medication that would have cannabis in it to amplify the anti-parasitic effect. And once you train your body to the effects, you can just use the cannabis, as it will amplify the homeostatic effect of your body to achieve anti-parasitness.

The rest of modern medicine (outside of surgical repair and hygiene) is just a frikin racket...

disease theory.jpg

Last edited:

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
G-Khan, I am the same way ( I have arthritis and severe inflammation). Here in Orygun, we can grow our own & I do. I grow 2 plants of high quality & make my own oil.
I sleep well.
I sure wish we had the freedom to grow it here in MN.. Better drug than any for inflammation

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I sure wish we had the freedom to grow it here in MN.. Better drug than any for antinmlatory
If you have a closed yard or space indoors, quietly growing 2 plants is not too difficult.

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
How does cannabis work, and how is it that simple plant can help alleviate so many kinds of conditions, literally hundreds, see Granny Smith Crow? ? ?

Cannabis is an amplifier. It doesn't do anything to you, let me say that again, it doesn't do anything to you. It can only amplify what's in you, and your bodys number uno job is to heal it's self.
We make our own cannabinoids (anandamide & 2 ag) are 2 of them! It is my thought after much research as we get old we no longer make enough and need to supplement. That is why I think, say in Colorado with over a million new users most are over the age of 40. You have receptors on every organ in your body.

It does exactly what you are saying.. it helps your body to heal itself..

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I grew three Gorilla Glue plants this year, and finished harvesting about a month ago, still currently curing. Filled 28 1/2 gallon jars with buds, and even more shake to turn into butter.

Enough to get me and mine through the next year.

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you have a closed yard or space indoors, quietly growing 2 plants is not too difficult.
I know it is very easy to grow. Around 1968 or so I took a seed and planted it in my alley in MPLS - grew like a weed! I would for sure grow if I could without getting arrested! Funny thing about using weed for medicine is you need to find the right strain for you. There are over 100 landrace strains and 6 or 7 thousand hybrids.. Finding the one right for you can be hopefully, an enjoyable journey...

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
There are over 100 landrace strains and 6 or 7 thousand hybrids.. Finding the one right for you can be hopefully, an enjoyable journey...
One of the evolving ways to distinguish between the strains differing medical effectiveness is to look at THC and CBD primarially as amplifiers, and then look at what Terpenes are in the strain. Terpenes are essential oils, and there are over 100 of Terpenes in the different strains of Cannabis. Each Terpene essential oil has it's own medical properties, for example Limonene has antibacterial, antifungal, stress relief, digestive help.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabi...-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabis-terpe

But the point of the enjoyable journey is well taken. Cannabis can be and is fun, and that's why people love it

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
One of the evolving ways to distinguish between the strains differing medical effectiveness is to look at THC and CBD primarially as amplifiers, and then look at what Terpenes are in the strain. Terpenes are essential oils, and there are over 100 of Terpenes in the different strains of Cannabis. Each Terpene essential oil has it's own medical properties, for example Limonene has antibacterial, antifungal, stress relief, digestive help.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabi...-what-are-the-benefits-of-this-cannabis-terpe

But the point of the enjoyable journey is well taken. Cannabis can be and is fun, and that's why people love it
Great info, thank you !

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Terpenes are in the strain. Terpenes are essential oils, and there are over 100 of Terpenes in the different strains of Cannabis. Each Terpene essential oil has it's own medical properties, for example Limonene has antibacterial, antifungal, stress relief, digestive help.
Yeah, both of us addressed terepenes in the cannabis thread in the smokin room (https://goldismoney2.com/threads/whats-cracking-in-the-cannabis-stores.176003/post-1435870) stuff we didn't know anything about back in the daze. (we prolly didn't care either)

BF

ps: I grabbed that terepins chart you posted there — thanks!

Last edited:

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Why is a drug that gives artificial enjoyment any better than a drug that produces artificial 'health'?

I say, shake it all off. Health is about a vigorous lifestyle. You can't pill your way, drink your way, or smoke your way to vitality.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Why is a drug that gives artificial enjoyment any better than a drug that produces artificial 'health'?

I say, shake it all off. Health is about a vigorous lifestyle. You can't pill your way, drink your way, or smoke your way to vitality.
Well, yabbut... If you can't hardly stand up because of busted knees, back, neck, bulletholes, and a coupla other very real things "acquired" over 7 decades...

If you can find a "drug" with essentially zero side effects that calms down the wild riot of pain coming at you from all directions...

You can smoke your way into a quality of life worth living. You can do things that are not restricted to immobilization due to old injury. Mebbe you ain't got them (injuries too numerous to list), but some of us most ricky-tick DO.

It does make a difference, bro. Honest.

'Nuff said.

Last edited:

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Why ?
You can't pill your way, drink your way, or smoke your way to vitality.
So true.

For sure health is best when totally healthy, and not needing anything other than a good diet/exercise/lifestyle...

Why, because most of us that medicate daily do so for a health problem we have, such as my severe arthritis. And for sure nobody in their right mind medicates to have fun, OMG...

And in my deranged mind, someone who complains about anyone elses chosen way to health, as long as they are not injuring anyone else or thing, is not totally healthy in my humble opinion.