• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Bill Belichick declines acceptance of Presidential Medal of Freedom

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick issued a statement Monday in which he declined to accept the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which President Donald Trump had intended to present to him.
Belichick's statement explained that though he appreciated the honor, in light of the events of Wednesday -- when Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol in protest of Joe Biden's Electoral College victory -- he would not proceed forward with accepting the medal.
“Recently, I was offered the opportunity to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, which I was flattered by out of respect for what the honor represents and admiration for prior recipients. Subsequently, the tragic events of last week occurred and the decision has been made not to move forward with the award," Belichick said in a statement obtained by NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. "Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation’s values, freedom and democracy. I know I also represent my family and the New England Patriots team. One of the most rewarding things in my professional career took place in 2020 when, through the great leadership within our team, conversations about social justice, equality and human rights moved to the forefront and became actions. Continuing those efforts while remaining true to the people, team and country I love outweigh the benefits of any individual award.”
The presentation of the Presidential Medal of Freedom was expected for Thursday, a White House official confirmed to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bill-belichick-declines-acceptance-of-presidential-medal-of-freedom

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Exactly what rights does it confer?

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
tramps ego won't let him accept he has no power, he is seen as radioactive, toast

no one like that or in those positions are going to go anywhere near him, as they are all in the cya politically mode now

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Exactly what rights does it confer?
'Cause, I mean, I'd like some freedom myself. I thought the Bill of Rights guaranteed that, but I have been thrown out of the hardware store and the grocery store for not wearing a mask.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
but I have been thrown out of the hardware store and the grocery store for not wearing a mask.
right, but you don't own the store,
you have the freedom to go in under their rules or not,

I have come to realize this myself, wherein I choose who to do business with by their policies, ie if they restrict my freedom, or they post slack lives matter chit on their doors, or other, I refrain.

and in some cases where no other options are available, I have to play by their rules in their house,
don't like it, but it isn't changing anytime soon, probably going to ratchet up even worse

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
I’m guessing he’s protecting the patriots brand from the obvious fallout that would occur.
The patriots organization wants to attract top quality black free agents and doesn’t need the lefty sports media doing “Are the patriots a racist franchise” hit pieces.
it’s gonna get more and more like 1946 Germany ....when Germans who wanted a career going forward wouldn’t admit to being affiliated with a certain political party or its leader.
Bill will still get the medal but it’ll be on a golf outing or fishing trip when no cameras are around.

Last edited:

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
'Cause, I mean, I'd like some freedom myself. I thought the Bill of Rights guaranteed that, but I have been thrown out of the hardware store and the grocery store for not wearing a mask.
Lately I just ignore them and pretend I don't hear them and go about my business. If they persist I just nod knowingly and continue on, still not saying a word. I'm not old and crusty but pretend to be. It's worked every time I've tried it so far- at least half a dozen times. I always have a backup speech planned for each visit but have never had to use one yet.

Buck

Don't Sell Me Tomorrow, Tell Me Today!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
"Above all, I am an American citizen with great reverence for our nation’s values, freedom and democracy.
No, you fkn communist, No, You're Not!

fk the NFL, Fk Bill Dikhead, Pro Sports, telling me about MY LIFE, fk 'em all

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...k-sports-uncovered-patriots-cheating-scandals

"Well, let me tell you something about the Bill Belichick I do know.
Dude’s a cheater."

"EaglesGate in 2005: In a 2015 Outside the Lines report, ESPN reported that the Eagles were convinced the Patriots either stole their playbook or secretly videotaped their practices prior to winning Super Bowl XXXIX in Jacksonville.

SpyGate in 2007: Belichick was fined $500,000, the largest amount ever for an NFL coach, and the Patriots were fined $250,000 and stripped of a first-round draft pick after being caught breaking NFL regulations and videotaping the Jets’ sideline during a game and presumably stealing signs and relaying the information onto the field. According to that ESPN report, the Patriots videotaped opposing coaches 40 times between 2000 and 2007."

and it goes on at the link.....

R E A P!

Buck

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
it was probably smarter he DIDN'T accept