• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Bill Holter & Jim Sinclair – Gold $87,000 per ounce at Least

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yeah but the place they got all the dirt from is now a pond! :D
That there pond is called "The Persian Gulf" my friend. ;)

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
That there pond is called "The Persian Gulf" my friend. ;)
Gulf? They are prone to over statement, don't ya think? :D A bit of a ditch mebe.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
That'd be a "Bitch of a Ditch".
:rotf:

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Its all bullshit...all of it.

Everything...

We are sharing a round rock that spins around a star that is not extraordinary in any way. That star is in the suburbs of a galaxy that is not spectacular in any way - sharing space with about...hell - who knows how many other stars in the galaxy. Your guess is as good as mine.

And our galaxy? Yup - its not particularly special in any way either. In fact - there are supposedly more galaxies than there are grains of sand...or ounces of gold...or something....

And here we sit...discussing how precious and valuable that gold is. Meanwhile - the gold we have just sits there. It doesnt talk back...it doesnt need to be fed or anything...it just sits there. Quiet.

When you really...and I mean REALLY think about it...the only thing that gives gold "value" is the fact that there are people that think it is "valuable". And they come up with reasons and rationales and predictions of future price performance and blah, blah, blah...

The greater sucker theory I guess. The belief that at some future point - someone will be willing to buy it from us at a price that we think is good for us...

Am I right?

Its all based on beliefs. Belief in this...belief in that...speculation that X will happen by Y, etc...

Its all bullshit.

All of it.
Yes but it's BS with thousands of years of value versus digital dust like Bitcoin or even electronic bank accounts that could be gone in a flash.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I remember during the last crisis of 07/08. Geithner came on meet the press one Sunday morning and admitted that unless the banks got the bailout we were going back to cash based assets pricing. I'm sure it sounded scary to the masses but what they missed was the bigger point. If the cash price of an asset was 10% of the value than 90% of all asset pricing is fiction. It exists only because of credit. No 30 year mortgage and houses cost 10k-50k tops.

If credit collapses then banks will probably just keep all the cash they have. There's only a small percentage of actual cash in existence anyway. So this is where I have a hard time understanding where the hyperinflation would come from. Without credit banks are finished. No banks, no bank cards. If the banks hold say 15 trillion in cash on the books but there is only 2-3 trillion printed it seems like we go into a depression and not hyperinflation. If the fed prints then the money goes to pensions, welfare, social services and military for weapons. None of that is hyper inflationary.
Maybe I am missing something???

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
So this is where I have a hard time understanding where the hyperinflation would come from
You need a government willing and able to "smoke the printing presses", your system inhibits that because every dollar is debt backed. Can't sell debt, can't add money. So "off course" there is the Fed as a buyer of last resort, but you only get a free pass for so long doing that. Unless the system changes I doubt that the USD goes hyper, among other things you simply know that it goes no where good!

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I remember during the last crisis of 07/08. Geithner came on meet the press one Sunday morning and admitted that unless the banks got the bailout we were going back to cash based assets pricing. I'm sure it sounded scary to the masses but what they missed was the bigger point. If the cash price of an asset was 10% of the value than 90% of all asset pricing is fiction. It exists only because of credit. No 30 year mortgage and houses cost 10k-50k tops.

If credit collapses then banks will probably just keep all the cash they have. There's only a small percentage of actual cash in existence anyway. So this is where I have a hard time understanding where the hyperinflation would come from. Without credit banks are finished. No banks, no bank cards. If the banks hold say 15 trillion in cash on the books but there is only 2-3 trillion printed it seems like we go into a depression and not hyperinflation. If the fed prints then the money goes to pensions, welfare, social services and military for weapons. None of that is hyper inflationary.
Maybe I am missing something???
I am more in line with your way of thinking...

There is such a thing as maximum debt expansion (at least in my mind). Growth is finite and there are always limits to growth. Hell - even bacteria in a petri dish eventually die. We live in a finite world - with finite resources...so the idea of expanding debt forever doesnt make sense to me...

So...assuming that is reasonably reasonable - what happens when you cant grow anymore? Well - thats when the deflation kicks in...

Now the dirty little secret to the game is that the system grows...or it dies. Binary outcomes. Growth or Death...

And the simplified reason is that because its a debt based system...and there is never enough money in the system to pay off all the debts - it must continually grow in order to keep up with the previous interest laden debt obligations. It really is a Ponzi scheme...

And the Feds "job" - if one can call it that...is to make sure that there is always sufficient new credit being pumped into the system sufficient in size to keep things moving along.

Now where it gets a bit "dicey" is that the Fed has to give a rationalization of its moves...and the deeper the pile of existing debt becomes - the more outlandish the explanations become...

Sort of like now. If we do in fact have the greatest economy ever...it is logic 101 that the Fed would be raising rates.

the total amount of dollars
This is always changing as "debt" gets paid back.....thats part of the slight of hand the FED system does.....

They create your loan out of thin air....you actually work and produce value to pay them back...the principle part goes back into thin air from which it came....

the usury they charge is for the privilege of them conjuring the credit into existence...this portion goes in to their pockets.....

Fractional Reserve Lending is literally a something (your work and labor),

for nothing (thin air credit they have a monopoly on creating) racket.

It's a means to take a cut of as many peoples wealth creating productivity as possible.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Just finished watching Greg’s Weekly News Wrapup. I try to watch all of his YT shows. He says that Holter/Sinclair episode was demonetized, due to being “unsuitable” for viewers. Really? I watched that whole thing and didn’t hear any bad language, didn’t hear any talk about violence or treason, didn’t hear any slander against individuals or groups of people. What could they have possibly said that was unsuitable? What could they not want you to hear? Just curious. Just wondering.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Just finished watching Greg’s Weekly News Wrapup. I try to watch all of his YT shows. He says that Holter/Sinclair episode was demonetized, due to being “unsuitable” for viewers. Really? I watched that whole thing and didn’t hear any bad language, didn’t hear any talk about violence or treason, didn’t hear any slander against individuals or groups of people. What could they have possibly said that was unsuitable? What could they not want you to hear? Just curious. Just wondering.
YouTube leans left, they are getting increasingly worse with soft censorship.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
YouTube leans left, they are getting increasingly worse with soft censorship.
That’s obviously true. They’re as leftist as the MSM and Hollyweird. There’s been a bit of Sinclair-bashing, though, in this thread. I admit that a $87K gold price is pretty outrageous and I’m allowing for a much more modest dollar valuation, at some point. Probably about 1/10th that. Even so, old Jimmy and Billy must have said something the lefty-loonies didn’t want the folks to hear. They expressed some important point or points that hit the proverbial nail head on and drove it down an inch or two. My opinion. I think I will have to invest another hour and watch that video again. See if I can’t pick up something I missed the first time around.