• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Bitcoin ETF rejected

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
If it drops below $500 I will buy some. It still has a use. My only concern is it getting hacked and stolen from my account.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If they can hack John McAfee, and steal all his bitcoin, then my opinion is that if you own bitcoin, better get out. If they can steal it from McAfee, they sure as hell will steal it from you.

SilverBuyer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
If they can hack John McAfee, and steal all his bitcoin, then my opinion is that if you own bitcoin, better get out. If they can steal it from McAfee, they sure as hell will steal it from you.
I'm not too worried, just another case of a so called "expert" not having a clue.

Bitcoin has already bounced back to the same price it was at three days ago. The ETF decline is not having much of an affect so far, I was thinking it might be worse and drop the price to 800-900

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
They hacked his wallet.

That's pretty much like someone hacking your bank account and then proclaiming the need to get out of the dollar.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
They hacked 5 of his wallets.
McAfee said that the hackers are targeting Bitcoin by infiltrating everyone's tablets, phones and PCs with malware. This malware is designed to monitor all your activities on line, and to look for keywords specific to having a Bitcoin acccount/wallet which activate a routine to take screen shots with every keystroke. They empty your wallet by signing on, after you are gone, and empty your wallets.
McAfee said there is no software solution to stop this, but may be a hardware solution, but right now there is no solution.
I suspect McAfee will start up a hardware company to sell the solution.
People have their accounts hacked everyday, but this particular operation is specofic to bitcoin, according to McAfee.
If you keep your PC clean of malware, then you have no worries.