• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

BitCoin vs Gold : A Stansberry Debate scheduled for April 21st. Max Kieser "Pre- Game" Interview:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
If interested in viewing, IT IS FREE (ninty-nine) go to https://danielacambone.com/

Site DOES NOT accept BRAVE search engine/browser. I had to use IE to sign-up. Gb

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
1618755647426.png
1618755673743.png

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I think the talk about the IRS watching BitCoin and Bidet increasing the IRS ground forces, along with the typical IRS tactics when failing to report ( Penalties and Interest on under reporting) shook the BC Tree a little. Especially when one thinks about how Erwin Schiff was allowed to die in prison. I don't own any but I'm pretty sure it will rebound.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Someone should do a bitcoin vs frn next.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Someone should do a bitcoin vs frn next.
? We already know usds are the next toilet paper.
The question in my book : Is there gonna be enough world influence to allow BC to be authorized ?
I hear China is playing hardball as BC vs CommieCard.

Last edited:

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
They will introduce a digital dollar.
They will control BC at point where you have to convert to digital $ to buy items.
Maybe this will not happen in all countries.
Maybe there will be some loopholes.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
The Debate is ON now, and very good so far.
It is not live. It is less than 2 hrs, and it is set so you could jump around or playback a point you missed.

Plus Daniela is always on leftside of the screen too. ( woof)

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
GREAT DEBATE both sides well articulated.
It has a youtube bug so it will show up eventually there.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Volatility indicates doubt of underlying value or feasibility.

Gold's issues (as shown in inflating fiat) are entirely different. Market manipulation.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It was a debate. You draw your own conclusions.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My conclusion is that bitcoin is a better and more useful digital and fiat currency than gold.

and that gold is a far more reassuring store of value over the long term than some numbers on a ledger.

Usc96

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Was not an evenly matched debate.

One side was respectful, prepared and articulate. The other side was unprepared, disrespectful to the debate format and clock, failed to advocate for his preferred asset class and structured his entire argument around ad hominem attacks.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
"Stansberry Research’s much anticipated Bitcoin vs Gold debate"

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 4.02.23 PM.png

Is there a video to this debate??

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software-guy
Silver Miner
Reaction score
While people debate bitcoin vs gold, DeFi on Ethereum has quietly duplicated and improved large swaths of the financial system: savings accounts, lending, borrowing, brokerages, exchanges, banking, payments, hedge funds, etc, all to be permissionless,, less expensive, transparent, and fair. Go trade without a brokerage, earn interest without being asked your name, borrow money at 0% interest, and much more, all right now.

The financial world has already been obsoleted and almost nobody knows it yet.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
My understanding Eterereum is on a Deadman Switch. I was looking around for some other video and found this. DYODD:

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software-guy
Silver Miner
Reaction score
My understanding Eterereum is on a Deadman Switch. I was looking around for some other video and found this. DYODD:
That video is about EIP-1559 which goes live in July. After that upgrade fees on ethereum will be burned/destroyed rather than going to miners (who would then sell the ETH back onto the market). This will have a result of fees paid in ETH to use the network being constantly destroyed, reducing supply and likely driving ETH price up. It's basically a reduction in ETH inflation rate. I am EXTREMELY excited about this upgrade--billions of dollars worth of ETH every month are going to be "burned" rather than sold back into the market.

As for a "deadman switch", I'm not sure what you're talking about, but you might be talking about various "difficulty bombs" or other self-destruct "time bombs" added into the code. The purpose of such "bombs" is to give the program an "expiration date" to force upgrades and prevent any particular version of Ethereum being used past its upgrade point or hard forked off to a new Ethereum version as has happened to Bitcoin. Basically old versions of Ethereum cannot be used past a certain point or they stop working. That forces everyone to upgrade regularly and keeps anyone from trying to keep using old versions. This sort of thing is sometimes necessary when code is decentralized to keep everyone on the same page. It's just a code management issue and probably not the sort of "kill switch" you were thinking of.

Individual protocols running on ETH might have kill switches to allow developers to turn them off, but I don't know of anything like that in Ethereum itself.

Last edited: