• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Blocking Trump Tax Return Release Puts Treasury Sec. In Legal Jeopardy | The Last Word | MSNBC

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
In a new Daily Beast article, tax expert David Cay Johnston reveals that if the treasury secretary and IRS commissioner do not comply with the request to release Trump's tax returns, they will be violating a law punishable by up to five years in prison. Lawrence O’Donnell discusses with David Cay Johnston in an exclusive interview.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
In a new Daily Beast article, tax expert David Cay Johnston reveals that if the treasury secretary and IRS commissioner do not comply with the request to release Trump's tax returns, they will be violating a law punishable by up to five years in prison. Lawrence O’Donnell discusses with David Cay Johnston in an exclusive interview.

ASS GAS - Nothing more than ASS GAS.
They are attemtping to manipulate TWO DIFFERENT codes has one Law. dung: dung: dung: dung:

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
tax expert David Cay Johnston
He still has time to make a few more bucks doing peoples taxes. MORE TRUTH to that than that Ass Gas above.

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
LIES AND TREACHERY I tell ya! The liars, once proven, should be hung the day proven a liar on live tv for all to see. OR, send to Juarez or wherever they hang em from bridges. Start doing that and most all TV news{?} would disappear.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Simple solution:

Abolish the fed and the income tax.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
yep, they have chosen to continue the narrative,

they keep on diggin'
I keep telling you folks that Bolsheviks will never back off, they will never negotiate, they will never be satisfied....until they're dead! History of other countries of the world has taught us that and now the cancer is right here in our backyards and, like in the past, we're too afraid to offend anyone to fight it!

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
In the Yahoo story that tries to smear Trump over this, the huge majority of the comments say, in essence, "I'm good with forcing the president to release his taxes as long as it applies to all members of congress, too".
I'm good with that too, every politician plays by the same rule of law, and yes, I do want to see tax returns.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
It's hilarious to see these guys quoting tax law. Now if they would only quote the law that makes the average person liable for taxes in the US... Oh thats right there isn't one.

Here's the part of 6301 that he's referring to in the video I guess..
(f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress
(1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation
Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.
So although he is required to provide it, it has to be done in a closed door session.

So the real question is who is going to review over 500 corporate tax returns in a closed door session? Or are they going to pass these off to some minions who will then leak the returns to the press?

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
So the real question is who is going to review over 500 corporate tax returns in a closed door session? Or are they going to pass these off to some minions who will then leak the returns to the press?
Yep, It does not matter what position the door is in when it leaks like a sieve.

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
when I read it, I too wondered the same,
is it possible to do that?

if so, just think of all the states that will follow suit

"Only the rare taxpayer would be likely to know that he could refuse to produce his records to the IRS agents… Who would believe the ironic truth that the cooperative taxpayer fares much worse than the individual who relies upon his constitutional rights."
US v Dickerson, 413 F.2d 1111, (1969)

The production of evidence or subpoenad tax documents cannot be compelled.
1985: U.S. v. Doe, 465 U.S. 605.