• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Board Suggestions & Feedback

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I didn't see a section for this topic so I am just going to post it here along with my Suggestion.

I think the News Feed member should be banned.

First it is not a legitimate member but some kind of worm that pukes out articles some may consider spin.

Also the member gets very little views and fewer comments, I guess people do not like talking to an inflatable date.

To be quite honest, in retrospect, the real members of the board are quite capable of screening better sources & articles of news and post with constructive and or reconstructive comments that generate more of the same.

Our members have already proven this. As I have stated in earlier posts. "Our members will build the board, not a collective of androids.

Wouldn't an absence of spoon fed information necessitate grander R&D from our members? I mean, that is the objective isn't it?

Well, alright then... Thats my position. +

skyvike

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Curt,

Thanks.

Agreed.

Workin' on it.

s

RichG

GIM Radio Host
Platinum Bling
Yep ... turn those things off. I never use them either. :smokin:

skyvike

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
The news feeds have been banned but they keep pumping out the posts.

I'll get with Scorp and figure out how to send 'em to the trash heap.

;-)

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Board's shaping up nicely, imo. Dunno what's up with the "thanks" button, sometimes it's there, now it isn't.

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I agree, BURN NEWSFEEDS! He must DIE!!!!

On GIM I there was a way to turn Newsfeeds off, I had it set that way so they didn't come up...I never even saw them, but I can't figure out how to do it again (I think Pond or GK spoonfed it to me years ago, but I'm comp illiterate).

Also, the little arrow thingy (icon?) that show's you've posted in a thread doesn't work. Sometimes it's there, mostly it's not. How am I supposed to keep up a flame war if I can't even remember in which thread I shot off my big mouth?:biggrin:

drafter

I guess I'm in the minority here but I kind of thought the newfeed posted some interesting articles. My only complaint was that I couldn't reply to them when one of them interested me.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
My votes continue to be for a computer sub-forum, and for a larger icon button to click for "Go to first new post". I use that button all the time, but my tired old eyes and shaking hands have a problem with centering a mouse on it to click. :wink:

Getting used to the look and feel of the upgraded software and
starting to like it better than the old style.

One thing that is irritating is the lack of a sub forum "mark forum read"
button,

All I can find it the global "mark all forums read" It is nice to clear out
a sub forum but be able to go to another sub and see what is new
from the last time read.

The global button nukes everything...

Help maybe??

fromserpo

Seeker
Seeker
The time thing is somewhat meaningless to most people here as it can only be relevant in one time zone of the whole world.
Is it possible to go back to the old way of time posts where posted ie 2hrs ago ect

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The time thing is somewhat meaningless to most people here as it can only be relevant in one time zone of the whole world.
Is it possible to go back to the old way of time posts where posted ie 2hrs ago ect
You can go into your control panel and set the time to YOUR time zone, then it always reports the correct time.

Libertaurum

Freedom First
Platinum Bling
Here's a suggestion. How about getting one of those Trading sections going, like GIM had a few years ago, where you got 100k virtual bucks and could buy stocks, ETFs, etc? Admittedly, there might have been good reasons why it was ended of which I'm unaware, or it might just be too much of a hassle, but that was fun and edumacational. As I remember, JDR kicked some serious butt back then.

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I have to agree with Goldies. I understand that events changed very quickly and everything just sorta got dropped into y'all's laps. I think that you've done very well with what you were handed. Thanks for keeping the place up & running.

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
How about adding Spell Checker to the basic Edit Post function. I have to go to Go Advanced to run it. (Spell checker was there on basic Edit on GIM1).

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Is there a way to get rid of all the extra blank space that displays at the bottom of most threads?

Nickelless

If coffee is gold, I own Fort Knox
Midas Member
Is it possible to tell who has thanked us and on which posts, like on the old board?

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Ok,

I have turned off quick reply, see if you guys like that better,

extra blank space should be taken care of now?

you can already see who thanked a particular post with a date,

lastly, I am still working on the spell checker, but it should work in advanced, and the quick is off, so it shouldn't be a problem any longer?????

Scorp

phideaux

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Ok,

lastly, I am still working on the spell checker, but it should work in advanced, and the quick is off, so it shouldn't be a problem any longer?????

Scorp
Scorp,

Now I'm only seeing a Reply with Quotes button, not sure how to do a simple reply.

Still seeing the extra blank space on some threads. hre's one:
http://goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?2958-New-York-Yankees&p=29927&posted=1#post29927

platinumdude

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling

Spike

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Ok,

Scorp
I don't get it...no quick reply?

I don't want to reply w/quote.

:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:

Thanks

Nickelless

If coffee is gold, I own Fort Knox
Midas Member
On the old board there was a link on each person's profile that said "Click for all thanked posts" or something like that where we didn't have to scroll through our entire post list to find our thanked posts. Is that still possible?