• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

booby-trapped UPS package catches UPS thiefs

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
well... apparently does NOT "catch" them... cops let 'em "off"...

vid:

http://gizmodo.com/5713709/how-a-man-caught-ups-tampering-with-his-package
I have it on pretty good authority that UPS is thorougly investigating this incident, and that most, if not all, of these employees on duty at the time of the incident will be diciplined, up to and including dismissal. It does not matter if the customer files a claim or not. This was "an absurdity that will not be tolerated".

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
yep mighty tricky & effective . nice one . :ahhhhh: :embarassed::idea:

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I have it on pretty good authority that UPS is thorougly investigating this incident, and that most, if not all, of these employees on duty at the time of the incident will be diciplined, up to and including dismissal. It does not matter if the customer files a claim or not. This was "an absurdity that will not be tolerated".
I tend to agree, in that about ten years ago, a group of UPS employees was caught, and charged, with stealing hundreds of handguns and rifles during shipment.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
I work for UPS, and have only needed to open packages if they were damaged, badly taped, leaking, or in generally bad condition. But if a package is making a sound that may seem unusual, then it I do feel the need to open it. I haven't heard of anyone stealing things though.
one of the comments there,

now who the h does he think he is???? Sounds unusual, define sounds unusual.

What a pos.

S

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
i can remember when anyone got a package that made any sound they put it in water or threw it the hell out .... gently:haha:

Fatboy

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Scorp,

Obvously the person that said that doesn't know how to Google. A quick check of "UPS Workers Stealing Guns", would show the whole first page that comes up, would be all different cases of gun theft. This is the reason we have to pay soooo much for the delivery of a handgun now and can't just send it UPS Ground. They don't want it in their posession any longer than absolutely needed!

stimpy17

I tend to agree, in that about ten years ago, a group of UPS employees was caught, and charged, with stealing hundreds of handguns and rifles during shipment.
Had the same problem here in Pittsburgh, PA. One 38 spec. was mine, was going to be mine.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
shows you how naive I am, I never saw it as a problem, and have never had an issue with the delivery guys around here,

other than your normal drop issues,

employee theft is a bear, crushes you whether you are the employer or the customer,

S