• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Bottom In Metals Is In

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Today's silver intra-day low (so far) is $13.91. Currently sitting at $14.01 as I type this. It will be interesting to see what happens during the trading day today. I wonder if silver can break the 2016 low ($13.85???) today if it does not hold $14. Hmmm......

Argentsum

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm coming around to believing that the lows in precious metals are reaching a bottom.

Silver dropped nearly a dollar and the dealer sell prices slip just twenty cents. Apparently
there is a limit to what the dealers can absorb when the prices go this low.

Maybe the prices will drop further but you would need to take delivery of a Comex future's contract
to realize that pricing. Good luck with that.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Another day a second sighting of a $13 handle on the DOG. It closed today at $13.98.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
A 3rd day of sub-$14 silver........................Currently at $13.91 (intra-day low = $13.86 so far).

Edit: Now at $13.90 (and falling).

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I think we are seeing a general diminution in value across the board on assets right now, PM just being one class. I don’t know how low it can go but I would love to see a new low for physical. In the meantime, I suspect that there will be lots more pain in most of the other markets but that silver’s pain (downside) is limited. This is a great time to accumulate (if you can peel it free from the dying grip of dealers who don’t want to let go out these prices). Keep stacking...

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Per Kitco Kcast the intra-day low for silver today (so far) is $13.85, which I believe is also the 2016 low for silver. It is currently at $14.05. It is making a bounce off of the 2016 low of $13.85 at the moment. Maybe the $13.85 level will hold. We will see.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Per Kitco Kcast the intra-day low for silver today (so far) is $13.85, which I believe is also the 2016 low for silver. It is currently at $14.05. It is making a bounce off of the 2016 low of $13.85 at the moment. Maybe the $13.85 level will hold. We will see.
At $14.15 now. I still see the dealer physical wall holding. It will take a breach of more than just a couple of cents off the low to change that imo.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
At $14.15 now. I still see the dealer physical wall holding. It will take a breach of more than just a couple of cents off the low to change that imo.
I think that it would have to take a big takedown of the $13.85 support (down $1 or more??) to change that. Just a WAG on my part. The LCS's in my area are charging the same prices .999 silver that they did when silver was in the $14.40 - $14.70 range. Nothing to see here.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It will remain to be seen in the next couple of days if silver can stay above $13.85 and continue to rally of the support. Stay tuned.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
It will remain to be seen in the next couple of days if silver can stay above $13.85 and continue to rally of the support. Stay tuned.
I hope you are right, BUT
Sung the tune of "Que sera, sera"
Whatever the manipulators will be, will be.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I hope you are right, BUT
Sung the tune of "Que sera, sera"
Whatever the manipulators will be, will be.
Maybe JPMorgan is in a good mood today and decided to not drop the hammer on the DOG today. Just wishful thinking on my part.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Maybe JPMorgan is in a good mood today and decided to not drop the hammer on the DOG today. Just wishful thinking on my part.
OR
Goldman Sucks
Deutsche Bank
Barclays
etc
etc

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The bounce continues. Silver is currently at $14.28. 43 cents above the 2016 low of $13.85.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Silver finished at $14.39 (Kitco Kcast quote). 54 cents above the 2016 low of $13.85. A nice healthy bounce from the 2016 silver low IMO.

Last edited:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Silver finished at $14.40 (Kitco Kcast quote). 55 cents above the 2016 low of $13.85. I think that it is safe to say that the $13.85 low that was reached in 2016 is the support.............for now.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Silver finished at $14.49 (Kitco Kcast quote). 64 cents above the 2016 low of $13.85.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Hmmm.....Silver retesting $13.85????? Currently at $14.03 ($13.98 intra-day low so far).

Last edited:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Silver currently at $14.85. $1 above the 2016 low of $13.85.

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It is understandable many have lost interest in the forgotten PM dream, as reflected with the massive absentee rates here on GiM2.

10 YEARS AGO MOON AND ROCKETS. It got to nearly $50 and then BitCoin was launched and took over the show. Very ominous indeed.

Since then a fazing out has become a mundane fizzle. It is a long time to hold something that for many, has not even paid for itself. The truth be known, since 2007 the dogs have gone nowhere. Even housing and the Sx has outperformed Ag/Au. The reason being is because we at GiM2 have known for a while that one day even the dog of dogs Ag will shine.

We just need to be patient for about another 4-6 years. Maybe a weapon of indignation (EMP) will bring this on? Or maybe a collective belief that, if you dont hold it, Ponce said you dont own it? I stand convinced that one day PM's will one day shine. I just hope I dont die waiting only to see the grandchildren live it up.

SH

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Silver just hit $15 as I type this. $1.15 above the 2016 $13.85 low.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
OMG,

What's worth more than three Abe Lincolns?

An ounce of silver!!!!!!!!!

:rotf:

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
It is understandable many have lost interest in the forgotten PM dream, as reflected with the massive absentee rates here on GiM2.

10 YEARS AGO MOON AND ROCKETS. It got to nearly $50 and then BitCoin was launched and took over the show. Very ominous indeed.

Since then a fazing out has become a mundane fizzle. It is a long time to hold something that for many, has not even paid for itself. The truth be known, since 2007 the dogs have gone nowhere. Even housing and the Sx has outperformed Ag/Au. The reason being is because we at GiM2 have known for a while that one day even the dog of dogs Ag will shine.

We just need to be patient for about another 4-6 years. Maybe a weapon of indignation (EMP) will bring this on? Or maybe a collective belief that, if you dont hold it, Ponce said you dont own it? I stand convinced that one day PM's will one day shine. I just hope I dont die waiting only to see the grandchildren live it up.

SH
If you're sitting around waiting for your gold and silver to make you rich you WILL die without ever seeing that day. Ponce knew, and many of us know owning PMs is not about achieving wealth, it's about preserving it. It's not about getting rich, its about not ever becoming poor. If you never need it then the grandchildren might. Either way, you can't take it with you so relax and enjoy the security and peace of mind it provides you.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If you're sitting around waiting for your gold and silver to make you rich you WILL die without ever seeing that day. Ponce knew, and many of us know owning PMs is not about achieving wealth, it's about preserving it. It's not about getting rich, its about not ever becoming poor. If you never need it then the grandchildren might. Either way, you can't take it with you so relax and enjoy the security and peace of mind it provides you.
Speculating on gold and silver mining stocks will make you rich.

Or it will make you poor.

Timing is everything.

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Speculating on gold and silver mining stocks will make you rich.

Or it will make you poor.

Timing is everything.
True but the gold and silver I'm talking about is the kind you hold. Speculating on paper is simply gambling on just paper...hell it's actually only numbers on a computer screen these days. The two aren't alike but your point is taken!

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
I hold many assets, one of which is precious metals, it makes it difficult for the Bankers to rip me off, that is good enough.
Yep - the best 3 strategies are: 1) diversify, 2) diversify, and 3) diversify.

If you can do just ONE of these three things, you are well-positioned to weather any economic crisis.

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I hold many assets, one of which is precious metals, it makes it difficult for the Bankers to rip me off, that is good enough.
The best "asset" we've had for the last 15 years is NO Debt!!

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Silver is up at currently at $15.23. I have to admit, I am impressed with the DOG.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Silver is up currently at $15.31. Run DOG run!!!!!