• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

BREADS and BREAD-LIKE SUBSTITUTES

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
My basics are : I limit myself to 29 grams of Carbs per day. Your body weight needs to be figured in and the Carb count must be adjusted accordingly. The Carb count can be slightly higher as I can subtract FIBER Carbs and Alcohol Carbs as they do not effect the Blood Sugar Levels.
These two recipes are designed to be made in coffee cup portions. Scrap down the mugs sides to release the product after microwaving.

1st - FLAX SEED MUFFIN- IN A straight edge COFFEE CUP pour : 1/4 Cup Ground Flax Seed, 1 tsp Cinnamon, 1/2 tsp Baking Soda - MIX Together well.
Then MELT 1 tsp of Butter or coconut or EV Olive oil. Add 1 tsp Vanilla, 1 egg, 1/2 - 1 tsp of a sweetener of your choice *NO SUGAR* use SPLENDA or store brand sucralose, or Truvia, or Monkfruit(?) MIX throughly.

ZAP in microwave (High) for 55-60 seconds.
With a straight butter knife trace out the product from the rim of the cup /mug onto a plate.
( Once it cools a little I slice the cylinder into thirds. Two slices I use as a muffin to hold my Ham or Steak, egg and cheese as a breakfast sandwich.

2nd - Red Lobster STYLE "Keto"Biscuit : In a straight edge coffee cup/mug : 2 TBSP of Coconut flour, 1/8 tsp Garlic powder, 1/8 tsp onion powder, 2 TBSP melted butter, Pepper, salt and Parsley (as to preference), 1/4/tsp baking soda, 2 TBSP water, 1 TBSP whipping cream, 1 - egg and 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Mix together.
Microwave for 3 minutes.
Trace inside of cup/mug with a butter knife to loosen the biscuit. onto a plate to let cool should slice into 4 pieces.

BONUS RECIPE: ENGLISH MUFFIN ( I haven't done this one yet. IDK WTF is a "ramekin" and do not have a 4" microwave safe container with a flat bottom):
3TBSP Almond Flour ( I've got coconut flour and will probably use that)
1/2 TBSP of Coconut flour ( I'll use 3 and 1/2 TBSPs of Coconut Flour instead of the Almond flour)
1 TBSP of Butter or Coconut, EV Olive Oil
1 Large Egg
A "Pinch" of Sea Salt
1/2 tsp spoon baking powder

Melt butter in a 4" flat bottomed container ( about 30 Seconds +/-_
Add the remaining ingredients and stir well until combined. Let SIT for a minute to allow mixture to thicken.
MICROWAVE for about 90 seconds until firm.
Run a knife along the edge and flip over onto a plate to release.
Slice in half, and toast in toaster.

Anybody with bread-substitute rescipes feel free to add on to this thread.

Gb

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Thanks, GB, I will try those & get back to you.
I too am on a low carb. way of eating. I try to keep my carbs between 20/30.
I lost 28 lbs. (218 down to 180) on this diet as a prep for my joint replacement surgeries.
Damned holidays put 12 lbs. back on me & the winter weather is keeping me indoors.
Here is a link to a lot of Keto/Paleo recipes.

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipe-index/

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Damned holidays put 12 lbs. back on me & the winter weather is keeping me indoors.
Yes, This holiday season I simply write-off. I didn't go hog wild but wild enough with my blood sugar hitting 187 on Christmas Night after snackin', "piecin", good grub, and deserts. Working on getting the BS numbers down but still higher than what they were be for Christmas.

Thanks for the Keto/Paleo diet site.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Crackers are a poor substitute for bread.

Spam and eggs are man food and must be consumed as a sammich.

I have spoken, so it is law.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I somehow think I may consume toooooooo many carbs and I plain just don't care. I see it as I eat/drink what I like cause I'll have plenty of time to not do it[like everyone wants me to] when I die.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I don't drink beer. Beer is for ugly girls and the British!

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I don't drink beer. Beer is for ugly girls and the British!
We use beer to cook with...essential for proper bratwurst! A good dark bock is preferred. Wine gives me a headache generally and I much prefer a DRY red like a Merlot over any of that sweet, fruity stuff. Spirits and Liqueurs are what's good for Alton. Tequila, mescal, rum, vodka, bourbon, rye, whiskey, gin. I mean really, if ya gotta kill some brain cells, don't pussyfoot around...get a shot glass and get busy! If ya gotta get plowed ya don't want to waste a lot of time and energy on bathroom runs. Besides, nothin' like efficiency...more buzz per bend of the elbow!

birddog

Here for the show.....
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
A pyrex bowl or even a large measuring cup would work for the microwave breads. They are ok for toast and very quick.

I like the fathead dough for things like pizza crust and bagels. Those toast up pretty well. If you want a good youtube site to follow to get honest reviews on some of these recipes, check this guy out.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My bread of choice is a sprouted grain bread. Ezekiel 4:9 found in many freezer sections.

Why sprouted grains?
Enzymes are released during the sprouting process, which break down proteins and carbohydrates. This process helps make sprouted grain food low glycemic and easier to digest. Traditional grain breads are harder to digest, and the body loses a good portion of the nutrients because it is unable to digest them.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
My bread of choice is a sprouted grain bread. Ezekiel 4:9 found in many freezer sections.
We also buy ol' jail bird, Dave's Killer, felon's bread.

daves.jpg