• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Buck's Gin Bottling - Chart Analysis

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Dang is that really you brother Dial?? I pictured you with long rocker hair- a skottle a botch and a snow blower not a shovel!!!:vollkommenauf:
I have long well maned hair under that cap my friend.:thumbs_up:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

Been distracted this morning so the serving of Gin is going to be just the basics (at least for now...).

Silver has been climbing up quite nicely, but how far up the ladder will she go before stepping off and coming down to earth? The Gin Bottle is showing that it may happen tomorrow, but we'll have to wait and see (I have my doubts, but who am I to know...?)

I haven't posted one of these in some time:

Wish I could stick around and chat some more, but I have to borrow Brother Andial's 'rake' and move a pile of 'leaves' that the leaf plow pushed across my driveway.

Happy Charting

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Supposedly the Febuary jobs numbers will come in stronger than expected tomorrow. Don't know if that will knock silver down but it might.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Supposedly the Febuary jobs numbers will come in stronger than expected tomorrow. Don't know if that will knock silver down but it might.
That is expected then? :bear_laugh:

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Dial, might be a risk on kinda news event.

Not that I'd allow myself to get my hopes up. I plan on dying pennyless and insane, still trying to play a phongraph record with an ounce of silver.:withstupid:

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Dial, might be a risk on kinda news event.

Not that I'd allow myself to get my hopes up. I plan on dying pennyless and insane, still trying to play a phongraph record with an ounce of silver.:withstupid:
Risk on, you see a lower than expected number EB?

By the way that second part of your post deserves a double Mouzer in my book.:thumbs_up:
I've seen Zed get one for much less quality stuff.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

It seems that Silver really didn't want to go out of the Dark Green channel after all. She just wanted a peek at that added upper rail then come right back down into the original channel as though she was skeered of what she saw.

I'm not fooled though, she's just trying to lure us into a false sense of security.

While TA is awesome (at least the Gin Bottle believes so), by itself it may not be much good. There are the fundamentals that will always affect price and sometimes the not-so-unforeseen changes that may drastically change the landscape. One of these things I've been keeping a casual eye on is how the Dodd-Frank bill will (eventually) the volatility of the price of Silver (and other commodities). Position limits have been placed in accordance with Dodd-Frank in the past, but those were vacated. However, they are about to be put back into place in the very near future, maybe... (with exemptions).

CFTC Re-Proposes Position Limits on Physical Commodity Derivatives (link) by Nate Endrud | November 6, 2013

Excerpts:

Yesterday, the CFTC voted to approve a new position limits rule that resembles the agency’s previous short-lived rule (vacated and now abandoned after court challenge), albeit with certain significant changes.

Affected Contracts

The position limits will apply to 28 core futures contracts in physical commodities and their “economically equivalent” futures, options, and swaps. The 28 contracts include 19 agricultural contracts, 5 metal contracts, and the following four energy contracts:

(1) NYMEX Henry Hub Natural Gas (NG);
(2) NYMEX Light Sweet Crude Oil (CL);
(3) NYMEX RBOB Gasoline (RB); and
(4) NYMEX NY Harbor ULSD (HO).

Impact of the Rule

The position limits rule has not been published yet, but is expected to allow for a 60-day comment period and to become effective 60 days after approval and publication in its final form. The rule is expected to provide an additional exemption for good faith pre-existing positions. The CFTC estimates that the rule will affect 400 traders, not taking into account the number for traders eligible for the various exemptions. This is estimated to include 148 traders with respect to spot-month position limits in referenced energy contracts and 11 with respect to non-spot month position limits in referenced energy contracts.
However, it's been 3 and a half years and Dodd-Frank has had difficulties throughout its history, so getting this passed into law is sketchy at best. The waiting and waiting and waiting for this thing to pass, or not, may be one fundamental reason why Silver has been simply tracking sideways.

Nobody wants to put any money into a commodity with an unknown future where the rules will change, or maybe not, or maybe the rules will change for some and not others, or maybe... (at least that's the way this Charting Hack sees it).

Anyway, regardless of whether or not Dodd-Frank takes effect, I'll still keep scribbling on Charts and call it art.

Happy Charting

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Risk on, you see a lower than expected number EB?

By the way that second part of your post deserves a double Mouzer in my book.:thumbs_up:
I've seen Zed get one for much less quality stuff.

No, I didn't expect anything RE the jobs number, I was saying that if the number was good, it might be risk on, IE, put more money at risk (equities, commods, etc.) and that some of that money might flow into silver.

Thanks for the Mouser/Mouzer/Mauser comment. I'm saddened that the official JA stats are more corrupt than the employment numbers.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

Well! Silver finished up five days in a row!

However, she just doesn't seem to want to bust out of that Dark Green channel just yet. I should have initially drawn that top line, but my gut was telling me that was too much of a spread to constitute a proper channel. I need to quit listening to my gut and stick with solid Gin Bottling (as soon as I figure out what 'solid' is...).

Here's this morning's serving of Gin and it is a bit more flavorful than normal:

That red line the Gin Bottle drew was purely out of boredom and means nothing... at this time. My mind's eye saw something that made it go "Hmmm..." and I just had to make a scribble. Sorry if it detracts from the overall work of art.

Getting back to what was discussed earlier in the week:

Understanding Volume & Open Interest in Commodities (link) from the Learning Center of TradingCharts.com

Excerpt:

"Technicians utilize a three dimensional approach to market analysis which includes a study of price, volume and open interest. Of these three, price is the most important. However, volume and open interest provide important secondary confirmation of the price action on a chart and often provide a lead indication of an impending change of trend. For beginning students of the market these two concepts tend to be somewhat confusing but are very important concepts to understand in- undertaking a thorough analysis of market action.

Volume represents the total amount of trading activity or contracts that have changed hands in a given commodity market for a single trading day. The greater the amount of trading during a market session the higher will be the trading volume. As mentioned earlier, a higher volume bar on the chart means that the trading activity was heavier for that day. Another way to look at this, is that the volume represents a measure of intensity or pressure behind a price trend. The greater the volume the more we can expect the existing trend to continue rather than reverse. Technicians believe that volume precedes price, meaning that the loss of upside price pressure in an uptrend or downside pressure in a downtrend will show up in the volume figures before presenting itself as a reversal in trend on the bar chart.

Open Interest is the total number of outstanding contracts that are held by market participants at the end of each day. Where volume measures the pressure or intensity behind a price trend, open interest measures the flow of money into the futures market. For each seller of a futures contract there must be a buyer of that contract. Thus a seller and a buyer combine to create only one contract. Therefore, to determine the total open interest for any given market we need only to know the totals from one side or the other, buyers or sellers, not the sum of both.
"

I'll try to keep bringing this type of learning material from various sources from time to time. I'll always leave a link to the site so those who want to dig deeper can easily do so.

While Silver is my metal of study, Golda is what appears to be holding the world's attention. In another discussion the amount of Reserves that countries have came up with an emphasis on China. So I did a bit of research and came up with a chart just to see where each country is ranked as of the end of 2012 (most readily available info as reported in 4/13):

( source link )

I have no idea how factual these numbers are, but they are reflected across numerous sources so for analysis sake they hold true.

Enough rambling for a Saturday morning. This much nonsense is making me thirsty. Unfortunately I have to attend to real work so the Gin will have to wait until later.

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

Found myself running a bit late so this is a bit late and short and sweet.

It looks like Silver may have found her legs, but for how long? Is she going to burn out, fade away, or keep on keeping on?

According to the Gin Bottle she has some more room to run until she peeks out of the Bollinger Band. As long as she keeps on steadily and not too eagerly we could see her climb for a bit more.

But she can be a fickle mistress and leave us wanting.

That's all the time I have for this morning.

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

I'm feeling better today, and Silver is looking better too. She's tested that upper rail numerous times but has been too shy to stay above it. As of 08:00 this morning she looks like she wants to move above and stay above that upper Dark Green rail.

We shall see what the close brings:

Looking for confirmation of Silvers move, the Gin Bottle poured us a bit of the Weekly distillation with a different blend and twist (no channels, just levels).

Higher lows
Still below the 20 day SMA
Coming up from sub-40 RSI
MACD Momentum is coming up
Open Interest is rising
Volume is solid

I can see Brother Andial dancing about with his rake held high.

"But Buck, what exactly is MACD?"

According to StockCharts.com - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence (MACD) (link)

"Introduction

Developed by Gerald Appel in the late seventies, the Moving Average Convergence-Divergence (MACD) indicator is one of the simplest and most effective momentum indicators available. The MACD turns two trend-following indicators, moving averages, into a momentum oscillator by subtracting the longer moving average from the shorter moving average. As a result, the MACD offers the best of both worlds: trend following and momentum. The MACD fluctuates above and below the zero line as the moving averages converge, cross and diverge. Traders can look for signal line crossovers, centerline crossovers and divergences to generate signals. Because the MACD is unbounded, it is not particularly useful for identifying overbought and oversold levels." (bolding is mine)

It is purely a Momentum and Trend Indicator

More:

"Interpretation

As its name implies, the MACD is all about the convergence and divergence of the two moving averages. Convergence occurs when the moving averages move towards each other. Divergence occurs when the moving averages move away from each other. The shorter moving average (12-day) is faster and responsible for most MACD movements. The longer moving average (26-day) is slower and less reactive to price changes in the underlying security.

The MACD Line oscillates above and below the zero line, which is also known as the centerline. These crossovers signal that the 12-day EMA has crossed the 26-day EMA. The direction, of course, depends on the direction of the moving average cross. Positive MACD indicates that the 12-day EMA is above the 26-day EMA. Positive values increase as the shorter EMA diverges further from the longer EMA. This means upside momentum is increasing. Negative MACD values indicates that the 12-day EMA is below the 26-day EMA. Negative values increase as the shorter EMA diverges further below the longer EMA. This means downside momentum is increasing." (some bolding is mine, some is authors)

More:

"Divergences

Divergences form when the MACD diverges from the price action of the underlying security. A bullish divergence forms when a security records a lower low and the MACD forms a higher low. The lower low in the security affirms the current downtrend, but the higher low in the MACD shows less downside momentum. Despite less downside momentum, downside momentum is still outpacing upside momentum as long as the MACD remains in negative territory. Slowing downside momentum can sometimes foreshadows a trend reversal or a sizable rally. "

Conclusions

The MACD indicator is special because it brings together momentum and trend in one indicator. This unique blend of trend and momentum can be applied to daily, weekly or monthly charts. The standard setting for MACD is the difference between the 12 and 26-period EMAs. Chartists looking for more sensitivity may try a shorter short-term moving average and a longer long-term moving average. MACD(5,35,5) is more sensitive than MACD(12,26,9) and might be better suited for weekly charts. Chartists looking for less sensitivity may consider lengthening the moving averages. A less sensitive MACD will still oscillate above/below zero, but the centerline crossovers and signal line crossovers will be less frequent.

The MACD is not particularly good for identifying overbought and oversold levels. Even though it is possible to identify levels that are historically overbought or oversold, the MACD does not have any upper or lower limits to bind its movement. During sharp moves, the MACD can continue to over-extend beyond its historical extremes.

Finally, remember that the MACD Line is calculated using the actual difference between two moving averages. This means MACD values are dependent on the price of the underlying security. The MACD values for a $20 stocks may range from -1.5 to 1.5, while the MACD values for a $100 may range from -10 to +10. It is not possible to compare MACD values for a group of securities with varying prices. If you want to compare momentum readings, you should use the Percentage Price Oscillator (PPO), instead of the MACD."

That's enough learning and charting for one day.

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Addendum to Feb 11, '14 Gin Bottling

Well, it seems that pulling the earlier chart can be misleading and deceiving. After drinking the morning serving, it seems that a later pull may have shown more clearly what the day will bring.

However, I'm going to stick to the earlier pulls due to time constraints (actual work is getting in the way of Gin Bottling).

Happy Charting

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Try some horizontal lines.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Try some horizontal lines.
But... that is so status quo. I've drawn a few, and I do see the occasional relevance. But....

OK, I'll step out of my comfort zone and give it a go later in the post.

But first, I want to do some personal review. I started this thread as a way for me to put my chartistry out for one and all to pick at and for me to be able to openly go back and see how things develop. Going back to Nov. 11th:

On Nov 23rd, I decided to get a bit cheeky and predict when the trend would change using an RSI Slope and Project RSI Level (although the RSI level did not need to be hit, just that the anticipated time if the price were to get to that level):

Sure enough, on Dec 3rd:

I have to admit, I had some serious doubts about the accuracy of this chartistry, and thought it was pure luck and/or coincidence. I had thought about shelving this project and going off on a high note never to be charted again. However, one must take the chance of being wrong on a regular basis in order to get things right about 60% of the time (my personal goal for 2014 in preparation for putting serious skin in the game sometime in 2015).

I made another attempt at a timing line based on the RSI Slope intersecting an RSI Level (again, the RSI doesn't have to meet that Level, it's just a Timing Projection):

Here's the Chart of Reckoning:

With a Weekly confirmation that things were due to change:

Well, the change was pretty subtle, almost to the point that I was going to right it off (and perhaps I felt a bit of Confirmation Bias seeping into my view of my chartistry):

Here's a look at a series of Timing RSI Verticals:

For a bit I had abandoned them as insignificant and just some chartistry fluff. However, looking back I should perhaps give the fluff a bit more credence:

Sorry for the Chart Gallery, but I had to go through the archive to see if I really should give my RSI Slope/Vertical Timing concept some deeper thought. I've come to look at Silver as having emotional cycles and dammit, when it's time to change its gonna change!

Anyway, here's today's serving of Gin (been spending too much time lolligaggin' about the archive.

I have a few more things to go over, but that will have to wait.

Haven't forgotten those Horizontals Beef, I promise to get to them today and will serve them up tomorrow morning for breakfast (at the latest).

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

Not so many charts today (sorry about yesterdays Chartastrophy).

Silver has had a nice run of late. It's been over a years since she's had a Daily Run like this. Using Beef's recommendation (and a bit of Confirmation Bias) the Gin Bottle drew another Top Rail, but without cutting the wick.

Interesting how the wicks match up with the trend...

And as promised Beef, the Gin Bottle stepped out of its comfort zone and tossed some lines down on a 7 Month(ish) Chart.

The Gin Bottle wants to take a closer look at Horizontal Things when time permits.

Speaking of Time, we're fresh out of it.

Happy Charting

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Now you have trendlines, indicators, and horizontal lines. Three tools in your toolbox. See where there is a convergence of the three, this is an "odds enhancer".

In answer to your "but how do we know that these are good buying opportunities" question:

A) TA cannot, and will not ever be a crystal ball. It simply shows opportunities where the risk/reward is in your favor for an entry. Looking back over a chart, you'll always see places where the market did something screwy. Sure, you could get stopped out on one of those moves by "taking a stab at it", but if you're using good risk/reward, you'll only lose a little. This is WAY more important than good charting.

B) I see two good buying ops there, but you have to use more than just one tool to find them. My suggestion to use horizontals wasn't telling you that trendlines were wrong, it was trying to get you to add a new dimension.

Only a few thousand more to go!:goodnight:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Now you have trendlines, indicators, and horizontal lines. Three tools in your toolbox. See where there is a convergence of the three, this is an "odds enhancer".
This is exactly what I need to do, add tools to the tool box and learn how to use them properly.

In answer to your "but how do we know that these are good buying opportunities" question:

A) TA cannot, and will not ever be a crystal ball. It simply shows opportunities where the risk/reward is in your favor for an entry. Looking back over a chart, you'll always see places where the market did something screwy. Sure, you could get stopped out on one of those moves by "taking a stab at it", but if you're using good risk/reward, you'll only lose a little. This is WAY more important than good charting.

B) I see two good buying ops there, but you have to use more than just one tool to find them.
My take on Charting is that one should never use it exclusively to make a buy/sell decision. It seems to me that it is better used as a Timing Tool.

My suggestion to use horizontals wasn't telling you that trendlines were wrong, it was trying to get you to add a new dimension.
That's exactly how I took it, as a prod to get me to look at another dimension in Charting. I do realize I like staying within my Comfort Zone, but one does not learn and grow if one stays in the Easy Chair and simply scribbles lines on a chart that look Chartistically pleasing.

I do appreciate your prompts and your feedback.

Thanks.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

This has to be a splash and go of Gin Bottling. It's a shame since we've had a nice uptick after a strong run and I'd love to dwell on this some more, but other things demand my attention.

With this breakout above the Bollinger Band, I... err... the Gin Bottle expects to draw a new channel.

Enjoy

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers!

Interesting weekend! However, let's not get overly excited (except for Andial, he so needs this bit of excitement).

The PoS has totally busted the Gin Bottle, and the Daily Charts are a complete bust (no deposit return on that Bottle now...). However, much can still be gleaned from things. I don't have much time to add commentary here, but there's plenty on the chart (and no need me repeating what the Gin Bottle has already poured).

First the Busted Daily:

Now a look at the Weekly:

And a sloppy splash at the Monthly (nothing much here but some repeated "hmmm...."s)

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning... err... Afternoon GIMmers,

Sorry for the delay, but Mother Nature demanded my attention this morning. If we didn't break the seasonal snow fall last night ('77-'78 holds the record due to the Blizzard of '78), we'll surely break it later this week (we only needed 4 and a half inches last night).

The Gin Bottle tried salvaging its Chartistry last night. Going with the pattern of 'Current Out of Band High (or Low) to Previous High/Low', we draw from High-to-High to establish the Top Parallel (or Low-to-Low for the Bottom Parallel) and establish a new Baby-poop Green Channel.

Will it hold true?

*shrugs*

We shall have to wait and see.

The first chart is from 08:00 EST (yoinked it before my date with Ma Nature):

The next one is the Mid-day, and makes me wonder about changing Channels, and Confirmation Biasing:

And to round out our Mid-day refreshments we'll enjoy a basic serving without any Gin Bottling of the chart from TradingView:

Sure does seem that things are well over-bought...

Enough binging on Chartistry.

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

It does seem that the over-bought signals were correct and that the price is coming back down, for now. It's still very early and we'll see what the day brings.

As far as figuring out when to draw a new Channel (or even if) still needs a bit of fine tuning by me. The Gin Bottle says once a price breaks out of band and returns, that establishes the new Channel point. I, in my kindergarten-like exuberance, want to bust out the Crayolas and draw new lines all of the time.

I need to learn more patience (but I'm tired of waiting...).

Anyway, here's a couple of quick standard charts to get your day started:

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

Nothing much new to cover, just a bit of a 'wait and see' kind of day. I'm not sure what to make of that Purple Channel at this time, but I don't have much to work with at the moment. However, the Gin Bottle says go from "Recent Top 'Out-of-Band' to 'Last Top Out-of-Band' when all else fails.

After that bit of an appetizer (can you have an appetizer for breakfast?) let's go with a full serving of Gin Bottle.

There, now I'm full and ready to seize the day.

Happy Charting

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I see your "new trendlines ?" are a little less pitched than the previous baby poop trendlines.

Edit: No forget what i said, didn't see correctly where your arrows were pointing.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I see your "new trendlines ?" are a little less pitched than the previous baby poop trendlines.

Edit: No forget what i said, didn't see correctly where your arrows were pointing.
I so need to get my Gin Bottling Videos going. It wouldn't take much since I can simply record while I do my Bottling. However, it's the editing things down to that '3-5' minute margin to fit the Interbutts attention span.

Perhaps soon.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

Not much to Chart today. I've dropped anchor for the week and am simply sitting back and enjoying a refreshing beverage or two while pondering that huge drop in OI.

Wish someone could add a bit of enlightenment on that.

Here's your usual serving of Gin Bottle Daily:

And a splash of Weekly:

No more time for scribbling and coloring today.

Happy Charting

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'll hazard a guess that OI came down a bit this week after the steep run up at the end of last week. I think there was a bit of a short squeeze and this was part of the fuel for the sharp upturn we saw. Those shorts bailed and their respective long counterparts were happy to close up with a tidy profit.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers (a bit earlier than norm),

First off, thanks goes out to Pirate Irons. May his batteries in his AT-Pro never die.

I've been picking away at learning about Open Interest and realize that it is a bit more complicated than what meets the mind. But, if learning commodities was so easy, everyone would be doing it and we'd all be bajillionaires. However, one has to start somewhere, and my next stop is:

U.S. Commodities Futures Trading Commission - Commitment of Traders (link)

Excerpts:

---------------

The Commitments of Traders (COT) reports provide a breakdown of each Tuesday’s open interest for markets in which 20 or more traders hold positions equal to or above the reporting levels established by the CFTC.

Reports are available in both a short and long format. The short report shows open interest separately by reportable and nonreportable positions. For reportable positions, additional data is provided for commercial and non-commercial holdings, spreading, changes from the previous report, percents of open interest by category, and numbers of traders.

CFTC does not maintain a history of large trader classifications. Therefore, current classifications are used to classify the historical positions of each reportable trader (this approach is commonly referred to as “backcasting;”

------------------

I may have found where those pesky Open Interest numbers come from that we have in those Bin Gottle Charts.

Reports Dated February 11, 2014 - Current Disaggregated Reports: Disaggregated Futures Only (link)

The 147K found there matches closely with the Weekly OI found in the most recent Weekly chart (146.7K). I'll have to do some more research (since the Gin Bottle only wants to scribble on charts and not do any real work...).

Enough learning, more Charting:

Daily Scribblings:

Weekly Scribbings:

Happy Charting

Last edited:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

Well, another trading day, another busted Bottle of Gin. Not surprised at the sudden correction (what goes up must come down and all...), but it would be nice to know why.

I've been so up close and personal with scribbling lines on a chart that perhaps I had forgotten to step back and take a look at a bigger picture, or should I say calendar.

Silver Futures Calendar (link)

While such deadlines may not always trigger such a move in a Commodity, it is one that I've paid attention to in the past and should have been more attentive. And perhaps the deadline had nothing to do with the move. I don't know for certain, but it is quite plausible that it was one factor in yesterday's move.

I visit the CME Group's site on a somewhat regular basis and filled out a survey about the layout of their site. While I always found it informative (after all, it is the place where COMEX Futures and their rules are defined) and two of the things I didn't like about the site is its lack of clarity and ease of navigation. It is good to see that they've addressed both, especially making the navigation of the site more intuitive. While I don't think I had that much power and influence, the Gin Bottle totally believes that it had everything to do with the changes.

Silly Gin Bottle, you're drunk.

Anyway, the Gin Bottle is going to be throwing away the March Bottle (SIH14) and moving onto the May Bottle (SIK14) since it is the most active contract now (check out Contract Volume here). While checking out the Contract Months, one may wonder why the months are set up the way they are. From the CME Groups page:

"Trading is conducted for delivery during the current calendar month; the next two calendar months; any January, March, May, and September falling within a 23-month period; and any July and December falling within a 60-month period beginning with the current month."

One reason why the calendar is set up in such a way is that it allows people flexibility in hedging. This would allow my fictional company Silver Buck Products to lock in a purchase price of $22.526 for a Dec '18 delivery thereby removing any Silver market risk for SBP manufacturing.

Anyway, the Gin Bottle says I'm beginning to ramble and folks are becoming thirsty, so it's time to pour another double shot.

Daily Shot:

Weekly Shot:

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

Well, perhaps the Gin Bottle's bit of Chartistry wasn't so busted up after all. Going back a bit to when it was last borked, a new Channel in Pink Daquiri was drawn:

Being lazy, instead of redrawing lines from last week, I simply overlayed and faded out this mornings chart onto Feb 20's chart:

OK, the Gin Bottle just took me to task and told me to be not so lazy, so I compromised a bit and redrew a few lines and added GB's bit pointing out how it called out the low and how that Strawberry Daquiri channel is indeed valid. I think it is just a bunch of Confirmation Biasing, but what do I know.

Maybe I should just sit in the back with a tall one and let the Gin Bottle drive the bus.

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morn... err... Afternoon GIMmers!

Today this drunken thread hit a milestone, 10K views.

This calls for a party and some Gin!

:551: :party: :birthday: :coolbeer: :553:

Anyway, had stuff come up this morning, and the template doesn't fit on today's charts, so no proper Gin is being served today. Just some scribblings and such to hold us over. Hopefully I can get the charts back into the Gin Bottle tomorrow.

Daily Scribblin's:

Weekly Scribblin's:

Hope to get things back on track tomorrow, but no promises (life likes to throw some curve balls at times, at your head...)

Happy Stacking

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Appreciate your charting expertise...

Saw this on Sinclair's site... you think it's going up??

clip_image0022.jpg