• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Buck's Gin Bottling - Chart Analysis

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
By the looks of this morning's price action I think we are heading up towards the north end of your bollinger band.
My sentiment is that it will reach the 20 day SMA, but after that...

Hmmm...

The Gin Bottle wants to do some scribbling on the Monthly.

If history rhymes once again, we may have that uptrend we've been looking for. I see that we have had the same waterfall(?) drop as what happened before.

Perhaps Andial can put away his rake soon and not leaf us.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That teeter - totter chart has me in a trance, somebody snap me out of it.:fisheye:

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My sentiment is that it will reach the 20 day SMA, but after that...
Looks like we have already made it back to the 20 day SMA on the daily chart - lets see how close to the upper band we can get to on this upturn.

The ratio of the prior high to low is almost exactly equal to this one - one more piece of evidence that the bottom is in?

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The ratio of the prior high to low is almost exactly equal to this one - one more piece of evidence that the bottom is in?
Perhaps, but I'm still a newb at this.

Let me drink some Gin, and I'll be guaranteeing that the bottom is in (liquid charting is bestest charting).

Lately, I've been doing my charting in the morning over coffee. While it is less fun, it tends to be a bit clearer.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Perhaps, but I'm still a newb at this.

Let me drink some Gin, and I'll be guaranteeing that the bottom is in (liquid charting is bestest charting).

Lately, I've been doing my charting in the morning over coffee. While it is less fun, it tends to be a bit clearer.
If June wasn't the bottom or damn close to the bottom level I think we are a little bit screwed... it will need a serious rethink.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
You shouldn't do that, he grabs his balls tightly and rocks back and forth for hours when you pull chit like that.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That orange line could

Never mind, I actually like Cousin 'Dial. :cheerful:
Be the new downtrend line?You think that bothers me? YOU THINK THAT BOTHERS ME?!?!?
You got the memory of a fly!

AAAAAhahahahahahahAaaaaahahahahaAAaaaAhahahahahahahahahAAAAAhhhahahahahahahaAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahah I want out of this friggin metal !!!!!!!

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
With the RSI between 40 and 60, it's hard to tell which way the Bottle will roll. However, since we're holding well in a tight channel (can't help but think of the above pic... ;) ), let's toss our lines out into charted waters.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Based on the fact that I am starting to have trouble getting through the day without musings from the gin bottle... am I developing a problem? :afraid:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Based on the fact that I am starting to have trouble getting through the day without musings from the gin bottle... am I developing a problem? :afraid:
It may already be too late...

I'm glad that others are getting at least a bit of enjoyment out of the Bottle's musings.

Now, where did I leave my glass...

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well, are we having a repeat of the first week of October when the price crested the 20 day SMA?

Let's see what the day brings. NY may bring the price back up (that London drop followed by a NY bounce).

Let's see what happens when London closes.

Here's the current Kitco at 8:50ish eastern:

put the second kitco image in to see if it would auto-update - image link does not auto-update.

Happy stacking and good luck to all.

Attachments

Last edited:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
*harumph*

The Gin Bottle will hit the Reset Button tomorrow...

Knew things could get a bit squirrelly once we breached the 20 SMA... but 'I' should have seen the probability of a quick short term correction.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Tragedy! My normal charting site isn't giving me charts!

Can someone access this and see if it is a problem on my end, or their end?

http://www.commoditycharts.com/charts/Silver/SIH14/

In the mean time, here's an unGin-Bottled chart from another site.

I'll play around with this new site this weekend, and perhaps look for another if things don't work out with my preferred site.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good news! The preferred Gin Bottling chart is back online. No line scribbling at the moment, just some notes and points to ponder.

Yes, I liken the recent price action of silver to a bouncing rubber ball. It likes to pop up every now and again but it's ultimate destination seems to be controlled by gravity... :afraid:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yes, I liken the recent price action of silver to a bouncing rubber ball. It likes to pop up every now and again but it's ultimate destination seems to be controlled by gravity... :afraid:
It' 4am, can't go back to sleep, and this comment made me think of something I started earlier in the week (and just updated with a new back ground image). It does seem that we are still downtrending... to a certain point.

Maybe I'll do some scribbling on the monthly this weekend.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Saturday Snow Day Musings and Gin Drinking

Well, since I am blessed with a glorious snow day that is giving me a rare two day weekend, I'm taking some time to rebuild the Gin Bottle and perhaps try to delve a bit deeper into the Bottle and go over a few things that it sees. I'm also taking a bit more time to be a bit more accurate with the drawing of the lines (lower BAC allows for a bit more accurate Gin Bottling).

Charting was presented to me more as an art form than it was a technical analysis. This runs counter-intuitive to me in the world of T/A (no, not that T&A - which is truly an art form unto itself...); however, considering that price movement is dictated (at least to a measurable amount) by human sentiment and programming, it stands to reason that we would see repeating cycles and recognizable threads (after all, we are creatures of habit...).

So, I put my technically trained analytical mind (one that has a short degree in Electronic Engineering and a fascination with the physical sciences) to the back of the bus and bring the artistically inclined mind's eye to the front to see what it can glean. What it sees has fascinated me and keeps bringing me back to the Gin Bottle to delve deeper every day into the mystical world of Gin Bottling.aa

I hope you all have been enjoying the show at least half as much as I have been enjoying the ride. It looks pretty awesome from here at the front of the bus.

Anyway, here's a snapshot from the drivers seat for you all to look at while I now go and watch the Army/Navy game (it's been a long dry spell for my Black Knights).

Cheers!

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
18.60 was the June low, I can't believe we will break that.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
18.60 was the June low, I can't believe we will break that.
It is the end of the year and [link=[url]http://www.marketwatch.com/optionscenter/calendar[/url]]Options Expiration (link)[/link] is pretty much upon us. No idea exactly how it is going to affect things, but I've seen prices drop as the date(s) approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the end of the year and [link=http://www.marketwatch.com/optionscenter/calendar]Options Expiration (link)[/link] is pretty much upon us. No idea exactly how it is going to affect things, but I've seen prices drop as the date(s) approach.
Yup Sir Buck. Been there and done that. My money says we repeat. Got olives? :biggrin:

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Did someone else just post on this thread?

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Oh vey we have our own gridiron match unfolding right here as we speak! :eek_ma:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good morning folks. Winter is fully upon me, so much for wrapping up those last few Fall chores. As I sit here enjoying a cup of coffee with a touch of cinnamon, I'm uncertain which way to run my near term lines. So, I've done a bit of recap over recent trending events and a bit of what I do with charting.

I need to update my OS so that I can update QuickTime so I can do screen recordings.

Happy Stacking!

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Sigh...

Now I have that off my chest I feel better... :cheerful:

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Knowing is half the battle...

I've known for quite some time that I'm doomed.

It's one of the reasons why I try to live life to the fullest and ignore those who wish you would simply settle down and act your age and become 'respectable'.

Ahillock

A nobody
Mother Lode
I hope we smash through the support in the $12 range. Love me some HALO exercises. :party30:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm not certain which way to scribble at this time. It seems that the price may be pondering which way to go from here, and can't really make up its mind on whether to go up, down, or sideways.

I need to have some coffee to clear my mind up. Perhaps I'll write up something more later.

For now I have this that I did up last night and touched up this morning.

Happy Stacking

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well, wasn't sure what to make of the Gin Bottle, but here's what I scribbled down this morning:

I'm figuring out a few short cuts and getting a better grasp of Seashore while doing all of this nonsensical Gin Bottling.

Speaking of things nonsensical, I think I may stop by the Dog House for a cup of coffee and a donut.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Stacking!

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver seems to be heading for a point, and doesn't know which way to go. It does appear that we still have a bit of upward short term momentum, but... the year is getting long in the tooth.

So, here's this morning serving of Gin (pretty much like yesterday's serving).

Happy Stacking