• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Buck's Gin Bottling - Chart Analysis

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
When someone as old as cubed drops trou, it's called a prune moon.

True story...:afraid:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
When someone as old as cubed drops trou, it's called a prune moon.

True story...:afraid:
Mind Bleach! I hope you brought enough!

What a way to start the morning, an image of Cubed's 'Prune Moon'...

Let's look at something a little less scary, shall we?

Yep, Silver is just sliding along sideways, content to stay in channel. She can't be content to stay there forever, can she?

Now, for the next chart I tossed in something I've been curious about, but haven't done any real research on: Elliot Wave. Does anyone care to chime in as to what we are looking at?

Since I am basing my Gin Bottling on cyclical (which means predictable) trader/speculator sentiment, I have to give a bit of credence to EW (especially since others make decisions on EW). I'm wondering how much credence traders give EW and how many use EW. I don't imagine that they exclusively us EW, but simply use it to compare to other indicators.

Thoughts? Input? Is EW worth spending the time (and it seems that quite a bit would be needed) digging into?

At this time, I'm not going to delve deeply into EW, but do plan to in the future (unless folks convince me that it isn't worth the time and energy to get into EW).

Thanks in advance for any input into EW that anyone can give us. In the mean time...

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Had a bit of time before settling in to do some real 'work', I noticed something and took a page out of what Zed presents us (particular price breaks based on past prices) and am going "hmmm....":

My questions: If price breaks through, does this signal a strong possibility of price going up? And if it fails, can we expect the price to go down (and Andial to be holding his rake even closer at night)?

Who's to know?

I decided to take a look at the weekly, just to see if there may be something to gain from it to see if there may be some moment to the price. I am keeping in mind the lighter volume this time of year and perhaps there isn't much weight to be put behind the recent price action:

It would seem that we do have some upward momentum. However, I may have acquired a bit of the stomach flu that Silver Art has, and my gut (not the Gin Bottle mind you...) says we are do for a Daily Downturn.

Or it could be breakfast fighting back, I dunno...

Charters Beware

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Since I am basing my Gin Bottling on cyclical (which means predictable) trader/speculator sentiment, I have to give a bit of credence to EW (especially since others make decisions on EW). I'm wondering how much credence traders give EW and how many use EW. I don't imagine that they exclusively us EW, but simply use it to compare to other indicators.

Thoughts? Input? Is EW worth spending the time (and it seems that quite a bit would be needed) digging into?

At this time, I'm not going to delve deeply into EW, but do plan to in the future (unless folks convince me that it isn't worth the time and energy to get into EW).

Thanks in advance for any input into EW that anyone can give us.
Your EW labeling isn't quite clear to me on that chart. I think EW is cool as hell and paints a pretty picture after the fact, but the key is to know where you are in real time to be able to better anticipate where you will be going in the near future. For my money the trick has been trying to get the point of reference nailed down so that one can find a proper wave count. It is like layers of an onion as you get to smaller cycles. However, if your point of reference is off then your analysis goes out the window.

I was waiting to see if we were going to break through the June lows in December to try and get a proper frame of reference for a good wave count. We came very close. It is still not clear to me if we are done running for the bottom. Until I get a strong sense one way or another I am not committing to a specific wave count. Once some clarity in the market arrives I hope to find a point of reference and continue to use EW along with many of the other other tools we all play with here on GIM to try and maintain clarity.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Your EW labeling isn't quite clear to me on that chart.
Ah, those aren't mine and I should have stated so when I posted that chart. Those waves were automatically labeled when I simply clicked on EW for an Indicator. Myself, I have not studied EW and probably won't get into it (especially any time soon).

I'm very curious about EW but I've noticed a BIG problem with it. You can have 100 'analysts' and 99 different counts! Makes it rather difficult for me. There is a poster named d-lod here that tries to make sense of it.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm very curious about EW but I've noticed a BIG problem with it. You can have 100 'analysts' and 99 different counts! Makes it rather difficult for me. There is a poster named d-lod here that tries to make sense of it.
I agree, it does seem rather difficult and mysterious. And I have considered asking d-lod to stop by and have a chat with us.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
EW analysis is very cool because it is based on numbers and patterns that sequence and show up everywhere in nature, human and otherwise. Because market action reflects collective human behavior it makes sense on a very basic level that the principles are sound. Like so many other things the devil is in the details. Counts differ because reference points differ. The tool is only as sharp as it's user. There are several good EW books out there but this is a good place to start:

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:market_analysis:elliott_wave_theory

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
EW analysis is very cool because it is based on numbers and patterns that sequence and show up everywhere in nature, human and otherwise. Because market action reflects collective human behavior it makes sense on a very basic level that the principles are sound. Like so many other things the devil is in the details. Counts differ because reference points differ. The tool is only as sharp as it's user. There are several good EW books out there but this is a good place to start:

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:market_analysis:elliott_wave_theory
I do like using StockCharts for doing research. But I do not like their charting software. And I try to model my own charting system more off of sentiment and less off of cold hard numbers (which is strange since I love numbers).

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I do like using StockCharts for doing research. But I do not like their charting software. And I try to model my own charting system more off of sentiment and less off of cold hard numbers (which is strange since I love numbers).
I'm a numbers guy too. But I think the best way to model markets is to watch a big crowd of people cross the street at a busy metropolitan intersection. At first one or two folks make the move, followed by the herd, and then the stragglers. Occasionally you get an aberrant jay walker and then there is the occasional road kill...

I understand what you are saying. I'll repeat. I've NEVER seen a consensus(among the 'experts') regarding the count. Only the correct one matters, no? I quit paying attention because of that.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Only the correct one matters, no?
Bingo. It is my personality to go at it hard enough to either find 'the correct one' or the reason why I can't. Even if one can find the correct count, market prescience isn't assured. Even if you know the next pitch is a slider, there is no telling how hard it is gonna break, and when.

I'm just tryin ta get my bat on the ball. Contact would be a nice start...:confused_ma:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMers,

Another day, another day of Sideways Silver. I thought she was supposed be exciting, the volatile one!

*hrmph*

Anyway, she took that peek above the band and that line of resistance and decided to go back to sleep. However, according to the Gin Bottle, she is supposed to take a turn one way or the other tomorrow (I have my doubts, but what do I know?).

We shall see...

And here's our Plain Chart:

Nothing more to add today. Sorry about Silver being such a bore. I had heard she was quite the Wild Ride of a Date. But of late...

Happy Charting

Last edited:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Still Slipping Sideways...

The Times I post on these charts are when I grab the chart, and the chart times are delayed (Trader View is 10 minutes, I think that Commodity is the same). While the actual time is unimportant for these charts (since they are but hacks at charting and done for practice and personal enjoyment), I do like to try and post when I grab a chart and try to do so from 8-8:30 Eastern time.

First, our usual serving of Ginned up CommodityCharts:

I have redrawn that RSI slope once already, and may do so again (I already have one in the works, may share this weekend). In the mean time, still watching Silver shuffle through the Orange channel (and to think I had great misgivings just after I drew it).

Next, an unGinned serving of TraderView with my normal set of Indicators:

I'm beginning to like the Snapshot feature that TraderView gives me. I'm becoming more and more comfortable with TV as I learn my way around the chart.

Sorry Silver is being such a bore.

Happy Stacking

Eat Beef

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I usually use a bollinger band set to 14 or 20, I can't remember which. But the point is, touching the bolli then dropping back to the moving average and bouncing back up is bullish. Doing it while the bolli is narrowing for a significant amount of time like it is now is exceptionally bullish. It would only be better if the bollis had an upslope to them.

IOW, I'm feeling pretty good here.

Then again, I'm a bagholder grasping for straws.:ahhhhh:

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I usually use a bollinger band set to 14 or 20, I can't remember which. But the point is, touching the bolli then dropping back to the moving average and bouncing back up is bullish. Doing it while the bolli is narrowing for a significant amount of time like it is now is exceptionally bullish. It would only be better if the bollis had an upslope to them.

IOW, I'm feeling pretty good here.

Then again, I'm a bagholder grasping for straws.:ahhhhh:
Yeah, this sliding sideways is a bit boring. However, there is the slightest bit of up slope to it all.

Gotta run, but here's a quick nip of Gin to get things going.

Happy Charting.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I usually use a bollinger band set to 14 or 20...
Since I'm in 'Learning Mode', I've been sticking with the Default settings (except for RSI Overbought/Sold indicator). What I'll try to do this weekend is compare and contrast BB of 14 and 20.

Hmmm... I can do this right now easily enough:

I'll ponder the two when I get home and have some Gin.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It must be cold outside...

I started this post an hour ago, and can't stay focused.

*checks temp*

5.8º F

Yep.

Here's a simple chart to get end the week.

If I can keep myself out of hibernation mode I'll get some thoughts and indicator analyses put up this weekend. If I don't post anything, please send Gin. For now, I have to find my motivation to get out of bed and go to the shop.

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIM,

Earlier this week I came across this article 10 rules of technical trading (link) By Matthew Bradbard - January 13, 2014. It covers a lot of what I have come across here and other sources and what I have discovered on my own. It is an easy read and one I will regularly be going to from time to time over the coming weeks.

Here's an excerpt, one the Gin Bottle base's its charting on:

"5. Draw the Line Draw trend lines. Trend lines are one of the simplest and most effective charting tools. All you need is a straight edge and two points on the chart. Up trend lines are drawn along two successive lows. Down trend lines are drawn along two successive peaks. Prices will often pull back to trend lines before resuming their trend. The breaking of trend lines usually signals a change in trend. A valid trend line should be touched at least three times. The longer a trend line has been in effect, and the more times it has been tested, the more important it becomes."

I'll cover more about what I look for later, life suddenly gave me a phone call and you all are taking a back seat in the bus for now.

Buck

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well, yesterday turned out to be quite a fantastic one!

Now, back to the business of Gin Bottling:

Nothing new to show at the moment. Silver looks like she wants to break out of the channel (the Orange one I was discrediting...). We shall see what the next couple of days bring:

For the next chart I added the 20 Day Moving Average line:

While just the 9 day works well for Gin Bottling purposes, in the plain chart just one MDA line just doesn't feel like it gives us anything to go buy.

So much more to talk about, so little time in which to do so. More to come this week (especially during the weekend), time permitting.

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
*yawn*

Good Morning GIMers,

I've always heard that Silver loves to play with your emotions, and can be a wild ride. Well, she sure has me fooled... at the moment. Could it be that she's tired of us, or are we (as investors) tired of her? I don't know, and it does not keep me up at night.

Anyway, onto a bit of charting.

I removed the RSI Slope Trend Line. There wasn't much to watch with it. Silver refuses to break out of that Orange channel. However, that channel does have an uptrend, and it is intersecting that Line of Resistance, so eventually that Resistance Line will have to be sorely tested, just like our patience.

I wonder if Andial has any patience left...

On the next chart I added the 50 Day Moving Average (Green line). The 9 Day recently crossed the 20 day and is now crossing the 50 day.

What does all of that mean? From the article I linked to and cited from last week:

(link) By Matthew Bradbard January 13, 2014

"6. Follow that Average

Follow moving averages. Moving averages provide objective buy and sell signals. They tell you if the existing trend is still in motion and help confirm a trend change. Moving averages do not tell you in advance, however, that a trend change is imminent. A combination chart of two moving averages is the most popular way of finding trading signals. Some popular futures combinations are 4- and 9-day moving averages, 9- and 18-day, 5- and 20-day. The shorter average line crossing the longer is a key signal. Price crossings above and below a 40-day moving average also provide good trading signals. Since moving average chart lines are trend-following indicators, they work best in a trending market.

Matt Bradbard: Some averages work better depending on the market and time frame but for position trades, the 40-, 100-, and 200-day moving averages are critical as those are usually what the “big boys” follow.
"

Remember folks, these are just Indicators and not 'sure things' that must happen. Also remember that the Gin Bottle is a charting hack and simply does this for fun and not for investment purpose. At most, these charts are used for timing purchases and sales.

That's enough for this morning. I don't like my mind to eat too much before I've had a chance to have some food and coffee myself.

Happy Charting.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well! Came across an issue this morning, one where I thought the prices on the charts were changed. Today's chart wasn't quite matching up with yesterday's; candle bodies were a tad bit different and trend lines weren't lining up at all.

Come to find out, the prices were changed... in the legend to the right. Took me about 20 minutes to figure out what was going on, and now all is right with the Gin Bottle.

Once again, nothing new on the basic Gin Bottle chart:

Moving onto the other chart, I decided to simply show Moving Averages on a Silver Price Line.

With the 9 and 20 now below the 400, could this be a true indicator that we've reached 'The Bottom'? Could this be a sign of even more pain to come?

Or is this just delusional thinking coming from a fever-induced hallucinations and aimless ramblings?

The Gin Bottle doesn't care to know at this time (stupid flu).

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

I'm feeling a bit better today, but still a bit out of it. I didn't realize how ill I was until I showed up to the shop yesterday. Spent about 5 minutes there and came right back home. It's nothing major, just a case of the flu.

Enough of me, onto a bit of charting.

Silver bounced hard off of the Bottom Rail this morning. I had done up a fresh serving of Gin and went back to the Chart Source and saw that the PoS had bounced up quite a bit since I had started (the PoS bounced up about 30 cents in the brief time I was charting). I wish I had saved my work before pasting the most current Chart on top of the older one (I use layers in my Gin Bottling, don't know why I didn't simply add another layer... stupid flu messing with my mind).

Anyway, here's today's boring Chart of Stuck in the Orange Channel:

And the shot of the bounce action this morning - 5 Minute Chart:

Finally a look at the Weekly with the bare basics of Indicators:

Now it's back to dealing with the mild case of the flu (which simply means more rest and clear liquids - thank goodness Gin is clear!).

Happy Charting

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I like your chart better SB. Gcubed's is too lurid.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

Nothing new happening, again. Just another "Steady as She Goes Cap'n!" kind of day.

Since the Silver Daily has been showing a steady uptrend, I took a look at the weekly for confirmation:

It does appear that Silver has room to roam toward the upside. However, there's always that warning tickle in the back of my mind that reminds me that Silver can be a Fickle Mistress.

Happy Stacking

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

Friday morning saw the price of Silver continue it's rise (on weak volume) from Thursday's bounce off of the bottom rail:

However, after holding steady-ish for a few hours:

She plunged right back down and came to rest on that bottom rail:

I've used that Kitco chart there in the middle to time purchases and sales. The London/New York overlap tends to have a repeating pattern (the pattern changes over time) and if you can recognize the pattern repeating itself (in this case popping up for a bit before plunging back down) you can take advantage of it (in this case if you wanted to sell on Friday). In mid to late 2010 I used what I called the London plunge/NY bounce to time my purchases. Perhaps I wasn't saving much, but back then I was doing Dollar-Cost-Averaging purchases and every little bit I saved allowed me to better increase my stack.

Doing T/A Charting is something I enjoy doing, but I would not solely use it for making fundamental decisions on whether to invest into or divest out of a stock or commodity. However, I do see it as a useful timing tool to enter or exit a position. And again, I cannot emphasis enough that I am a Charting Hack that does this stuff for the simple pleasure of Technical Analysis.

Happy Charting and Due Your Own Due Diligence

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I frequently work at night and often have the kitco charts up on a screen in the background while at work. There are several very common and repeatable patterns that I see. One of the most common is a dip in prices in the pre dawn hours (I'm one hour behind New York time) followed by a return to what was the late night baseline by the time the sun comes up. About eight of 10 days the early morning price action seems to telegraph the rest of the day. I'm sure that must have to do with London dictating the days action to New York.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I frequently work at night and often have the kitco charts up on a screen in the background while at work. There are several very common and repeatable patterns that I see. One of the most common is a dip in prices in the pre dawn hours (I'm one hour behind New York time) followed by a return to what was the late night baseline by the time the sun comes up. About eight of 10 days the early morning price action seems to telegraph the rest of the day. I'm sure that must have to do with London dictating the days action to New York.
I dug out a couple of charts showing that:

This was all back in March of '11. The price would repeated plunge during London hours, and rebound during NY and the pattern repeated itself very closely, but with a bit of lead or lag over the previous day.

I'll be keeping an eye on the London/NY pattern a bit closely for some time to come.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
At least i can concencrate on the charts in this thread. Dam silver has to hold that channel come Monday, imho.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
At least i can concencrate on the charts in this thread. Dam silver has to hold that channel come Monday, imho.
I see no reason for it to break out of channel at this time. If anything, in the near term (according to the weekly), it should stay near the top of the channel and eventually break out to the up-side.

Then again, it IS the Seagram's Reserve talking...

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Last trading day of the holiday season. Thoughts of this week's action in the chart.

I often find myself over-coaching my charts. I should probably just let things ride out a bit before looking for reasons to make trend changes. I'm having some intuitive doubts about that Orange Channel I drew early (but it does make for good practice and interesting viewing).

Here's another chart from the other site I've been working with (without any Gin Bottling).

Concerning STO: I'll be doing some studying at StockCharts - Stochastic Oscillator (link) this weekend.

Excerpt:

"Introduction

Developed by George C. Lane in the late 1950s, the Stochastic Oscillator is a momentum indicator that shows the location of the close relative to the high-low range over a set number of periods. According to an interview with Lane, the Stochastic Oscillator "doesn't follow price, it doesn't follow volume or anything like that. It follows the speed or the momentum of price. As a rule, the momentum changes direction before price." As such, bullish and bearish divergences in the Stochastic Oscillator can be used to foreshadow reversals. This was the first, and most important, signal that Lane identified. Lane also used this oscillator to identify bull and bear set-ups to anticipate a future reversal. Because the Stochastic Oscillator is range bound, is also useful for identifying overbought and oversold levels."

That's enough Bin Gottling for this morning.

Happy Charting
Hawkeye taught me to look left...

Before looking right...

May he Rest In Peace.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good Morning GIMmers,

Once again we see Silver still holding that Orange Channel.

When I first bought into Silver a few years ago at $17.50, this was my (unrealistic) expectation of the price action; a slow and stead rise in price over time. While I knew about prices rising and falling, and the possibility of prices suddenly rising and even more quickly suddenly falling, I made the critical mistake of thinking that 'this time is different'.

Had I fully known then what I know now, I would have managed my stack and bankroll so much better.

I still have so much to learn.

I see that there are many guests that stop by and lurk this thread. I'd like to first off thank you for stopping by and next show a bit about how to look at Candlesticks. I'm new enough that I remember being at a total loss at what a Candlestick was and what they meant. I had thought that a Line Chart was the way to go, but a Line Chart does not give you a sense of a session's action. The Candlesticks will give you the Open, High, Low, and Close of a session at a glance.

And without the Candlesticks, I would not be able to do my Gin Bottling. Candlesticks give me a sense of Investment Settlement not only for a single session, but over the course of time. It appears to me that (for the most part) sentiment is only willing to swing so far, and the Candlesticks provides me with that sense.

I hope this sheds a bit of candlelight on Charting and how my mind perceives it (rightly or wrongly - it works for me).

And again, thanks for stopping by.

Happy Charting

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Gin Bottle Reflections - Profitability

Good Morning GIMmers!

Last night I saw an anomalous price movement, and became excited, almost school-girl giddish!

I had figured that the action would 'correct' itself by my normal chart grabbing time in the morning, but no! The anomaly was still there!

However, there really isn't anything there to get excited about. It's merely a 10 cent candle that is out-of-bounds of the Gin Bottle's expectations and nothing more. The price action is mid-Bollinger Band and very close to a very flat Moving Day Average. RSI is range bound hovering around 50.

I found myself getting caught up in my own hype and desire to write something newish about the Gin Bottle's current chart.

I've been doing this 'Gin Bottling' daily, 6 days a week with most Sundays tossed in, for a few months now. I do it for the sheer pleasure of analysis and presentation. Sharing this with you all forces me to stay dedicated to the craft I've chosen to practice and also forces me to try and be a bit more honest to you and, more importantly, to myself about what I see and how I interpret analysis.

If I can get so caught up in such a minor thing, how caught up 'in the moment' can someone else who does this for a living and has been doing this for quite some time? How compelled are the professionals to put out not only informative material, but engaging material to keep their audience coming back?

I imagine that it can be compelling, even overwhelming at times.

Why do I bring this up? Because it seems that I come across a lot of material that is being put out there more for sensationalism than for substance. As a data analyst (as an electronic technician and business owner) I am continuously looking at waves and numbers and I look for anomalies. I look for something that is 'out of bounds', one way or the other. While I've only gotten intimate with Precious Metals over the past few years (I've known them casually for quite some time), I've gotten to know their patterns quite well.

Why am I getting long winded when my aim here has been to keep things short, simple, and sweet and to be consumed in less than 5 minutes? Because I have seen a lot of hype pumping up metals and how the price should be 'so' much higher than what it is, and the cries of 'manipulation!' abound everywhere. As one who wanted to slowly wade into metals, I didn't want the price to skyrocket, I wanted time to slowly accumulate. However, one cannot help but get caught up in seeing one's newly acquired form of wealth suddenly take off. While I didn't get in while it was 'dirt cheap', I felt truly lucky (because the timing was pure luck) to have not missed the train as I saw Silver plow through the $20s, steam through the $30s, and launch toward $50.

The 'Reigns of Manipulation' had been removed and we were getting our 'just dues'.

Hold the phone Nancy, let's not mail this news article in. Let's do some homework.

Let's do some data and technical analysis.

It took me some time, and some digging, digging through multiple sources (because I never want to rely on just one source, and I wanted to check on the source I was digging) to eventually come to the realization that Silver is mostly (60-80 percent by all estimates) a by-product of other ore mining. I'll not go over again some of my studies, but I do have a post here in this thread that broadly covers this.

http://www.goldismoney2.com/showthread.php?53267-Buck-s-Gin-Bottling-Chart-Analysis/page4#174

As long as there is mining for those other types of metal, Silver ore is coming along for the ride.

"But SB, what does all of this have to do with the title of this post - 'Profitability'?

I'm glad you asked, because I have been hearing about how 'unprofitable' it is to mine Gold right now since Gold is at the deplorable level of $1200 and change. I have seen a few threads and blogs addressing this topic, but the one I came across yesterday, Gold Production Soars To Record in 2013 - Despite Price Drop Study (link) was what made the Gin Bottle go "Hmmm..."

Like the analyst that I pretend to be, I felt compelled to seek out answers, and to do so in as simple of a manner as possible. I was informed that mines take at least 5 years (and up to 10 years) from the decision to 'dig' to profitability. This makes sense since much must be done first to determine if and where to dig. Better to throw a little bit of money out the window than a bunch of it down a hole in the ground. So, based on this knowledge, I simply went and looked at the price of Gold over the last 10 years and came up with this:

Gold was profitable 10 years ago when it was below $500.

It was profitable 6 and a half years ago when it was below $750.

5 years ago it was profitable when it was below $1000.

Now I'm supposed to believe that it is a total dog at $1250?

"But SB, there's more to the picture!"

Indeed, and I will not pretend to know all of the pixels to that picture. As a business owner, I know that overhead costs change (and they can go both up and down, but usually up). However, those changes can be anticipated and somewhat locked in. I imagine the one cost in mining that will be heavy and volatile is the cost of fuel.

So I had the Gin Bottle do a chart.

How is it that when Oil was higher (at times much higher) that mining Gold was deemed profitable, but when Oil is below it is not profitable?

I don't get it, and I smell hype.

So, what nugget can I take away from all of this?

With Silver being a byproduct of other mining (Gold being one of them), and with production of Gold being at an all time high, I can only imagine that more of the stuff will be 'reluctantly' pulled out of the ground and eventually find its way to market and sold at whatever can be gotten for the stuff.

Sorry for the long winded ramble, but the Gin Bottle not only had to get to the bottom (of the bottle), it had to pour it out for all to see and share.

Thanks for sticking around this long.

Happy Charting

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So then miners might still be a good buy even with the recent run up they have had while Gold has remained flat?