• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Burning Man Meets Mad Max

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Wasteland Weekend, an annual weekend festival in the Mojave desert where all participants must adhere to a Mad Max style, post-apocalyptic theme. Music, debauchery, spiked clubs, costumes, party favors, weapons, and of coarse an unending collection of suitable, themed conveyances. Did I mention debauchery? Events even include a swap-meet and match-ups in an arena called the Death Guild Thunderdome Battle Cage.

Lots of photos here. Check it out: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-post-apocalypse-style-Wasteland-Weekend.html

Can't stop laughing. I think I found my calling.

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
You're good to go. Your bout is scheduled for 11:30 PM on day one. Check-in is at 11:00 right in front of the DGTBC. Your opponent will be Moose Introligator. I wouldn't worry too much about the name because everyone uses a stage name. But just in case, you'll want to bring your fuk-it bucket. Meanwhile you might want to start working on a badass, spiked cudgel- You just never know about these things.

I want one of these-

Or one like this -

Don't think I could keep up with the leaky lady though-

Hystckndle

GETWHAT'SYOURS
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Hey D,
I looked at EVERY single pick !
Hah. Killer.
I like the cage matches where you are suspended in the air and you swing back and forth.
I am thinking I need to revise my helmet though.
Not enough field of vision. LOL.

I went to see the original at the theater way back when.
Sat by myself and had a giant thing of popcorn and a cola in a big empty theater.
Not a big fan of what Hollyweird did to the series but the first few were cool.

All in all it actually looks like a good time.
Your girl friend dresses a bit odd though. LOL !
Regards, thanks for the thread, very, very cool.
LOTS of work in some of the stuff these guys put together.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Yes

MrLucky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Too funny. I want the Cruel Bus.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Number 64 is a ginger, looks like

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
i bid 64 cents...

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I wonder if it's lot #64. The ring man's on the phone with a remote bidder and the auctioneer getting ready to drop the hammer.

Looks like she could be on the auction block.
Nice drip from the cooch - that should up the bid...

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I had put the word out that I'm looking for a build platform. Got a call from a scrapyard in Davenport yesterday (lots of water over there) that they had the perfect carcass for me. Went over this morning to check it out.

IMG_4481[1].JPG
IMG_4482[1].JPG

It does have the perfect look and with a little work may even run. Problem is that it's over 12,000 lbs. the way it sets. That's a lot of weight to drag around. I could prune off about 4,000 lbs. just in the rear axles, suspension and extra gearbox but I would probably need to add all that weight back with a single lighter axle, maybe a gazoleen tank (with a built-in sleeping/camping compartment) and all the other do-dads and whirly-gigs in keeping with the Mad Max theme. I've got to let them know later today.

Any thoughts?

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I had put the word out that I'm looking for a build platform. Got a call from a scrapyard in Davenport yesterday (lots of water over there) that they had the perfect carcass for me. Went over this morning to check it out.

View attachment 131286 View attachment 131287

It does have the perfect look and with a little work may even run. Problem is that it's over 12,000 lbs. the way it sets. That's a lot of weight to drag around. I could prune off about 4,000 lbs. just in the rear axles, suspension and extra gearbox but I would probably need to add all that weight back with a single lighter axle, maybe a gazoleen tank (with a built-in sleeping/camping compartment) and all the other do-dads and whirly-gigs in keeping with the Mad Max theme. I've got to let them know later today.

Any thoughts?
Run the other direction :)

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Last edited:

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Cool, fenzer
12,000 #s ya say? Can't you loose about 8,000 of that by changing the engine?
And a different xmission, of course, another 1,500 lbs.
And. like you said you don't need those humoungus hauling axles.

Are you really gonna do a mad max vehicle?
Ya goin to burninman?