• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Business News & Views - Metals, Markets, Shipping, Energy, More

RPM222

How Will Coalition Response Against Syria Affect Gold & Silver Prices?
SalivateMetal

Published on Apr 14, 2018
In action against Syria, propaganda from both sides could weigh response and markets.
On long term the US attitude will help the price of the Gild and silver.
Hopefully there is still some small players in the metal industry with big incomes expectation than we can invest easily at low cost.
By exemple some than i'm actually folowing: ANX or MAE is still in low cost but get some good expectations of grow.

Go Oil Go! The Permian is hopping and soon the Bakken will be too. It's getting back to 2014 levels. The company I work for services the oil and gas industry and this new boom will give me lots of dry powder!

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Gold Is “Where It Should Be” - Pierre Lassonde

From my old vantage point, I think he is pretty much correct.

While a much higher gold price is needed to bring bullish sentiment back into the mining space, the yellow metal is already fairly priced, said Pierre Lassonde, Chairman of Franco-Nevada Corp.“At $,1300 [an ounce], I will argue that gold is well priced,” Lassonde told Kitco News on the sidelines of the BMO Global Metals & Mining Conference.
Link:
http://www.kitco.com/news/video/sho...w.kitco.com/news/video/latest?show=Kitco-News

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Hispanic employees
Where the hell is "Hispania"?
If I were a Mexican, I would be pissed being called Hispanic !!!!
AND I AM PISSED ABOUT THIS SHIT NON-HISPANIC WHITE - WTF !! :rage 1
But I should not be pissed as I am a NON-HISPANIC, MONGREL/HEINZ 57 !! :dduck:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Back to the subject !
More than 400 Washington Post employees sign petition slamming billionaire owner Jeff Bezos' 'shocking pay practices', demanding 'fair wages' and urging him to 'share the wealth'
Am I missing something? In a free market, you should be able to pat whatever the traffic will bear. If they don't like the pay, quit & go somewhere else, I did many times in my working career. Yes, I missed that we are no longer a free market nation !!!

Bezos, Gates etc, etc....... did not get mega wealthy from giving away their profits, they got wealthy screwing people & other companies !!

Now, if the employees would simply get up & leave, how rich would Bozo, Gates, Et al, be ???

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
https://www.yahoo.com/news/venezuelas-millionaires-poor-051601973.html

Venezuela's 'millionaires,' the new poor

Maria Isabel SANCHEZ
AFPJune 19, 2018

1 / 3
In inflation-ravaged Venezuela, eggs are beyond the reach of many consumers
In inflation-ravaged Venezuela, eggs are beyond the reach of many consumers (AFP Photo/Federico PARRA)
Caracas (AFP) - Elizabeth Torres is outraged, but as a Venezuelan she takes the affront in her stride. "We are a country of millionaires," she says ironically, eyeing a carton of eggs in the market. Price? Three million bolivars.
"You are a millionaire because you have to pay that much, and for that you get 36 eggs, but the minimum salary is 2.6 million! With what you get every month, you can't buy them," she says.
It's the great irony of the country's cruel decline. Sitting atop the world's largest reserves of crude, Venezuela -- once Latin America's richest country -- is now a state of millionaires, but the millions are in bolivars and practically worthless.
According to the country's leading universities, 87 percent of the population is now officially poor.
In the market in the eastern Caracas suburb of Chacao, Torres, a 64-year-old retired accountant, isn't the only one to grumble.
Between stalls of vegetables, meat and imitation leather shoes, people complain loudly about the cost of living.
Torres' salary is equivalent to 32 dollars at the official exchange rate and barely one much-coveted black market dollar.
Venezuelans have to pay seven-or-eight digit sums to buy staples like flour, rice, bread or some other reasonably nutritious and filling carbohydrate.
Carmen Machado, 57, was fired a few days ago from her job at an office cleaning company. They gave her 5.8 million bolivars as severance pay after four years of service, she said. Enough to buy a kilo of meat.
Venezuelans are forced to keep up with crazy prices that rise two or three times a week.
The accumulation is staggering. The opposition-majority parliament says hyperinflation was nearly 25,000 percent in the last 12 months, meaning the price of an item now costs 250 times' what it did a year ago.
- 'Not living, surviving' -
At a pet shop Olga Aviles, 53, is torn between buying a tin of food for her cat and a kilo of meat for the family.
"There always has to be a certain quota of sacrifice. If I spend on one thing, I don't spend on the other."
"In Venezuela, we are not living, we are surviving," she said.
"If you buy fruit, you cannot buy vegetables. If you buy grains, you do not buy cereal."
Though the government sells some subsidized foods in poorer neighborhoods and electricity, water and gas cost a pittance, many goods and services are priced on the value of a "dolar negro" or black market dollar -- worth 30 times the official one.
Only a small sector of society has access to dollars.
"We have to ask family members outside to send something back. With what we get here we cannot eat," says Aurora Gonzalez, 71, whose son emigrated and sends home remittances to keep his family going.
President Nicolas Maduro, whose controversial re-election in May will keep him in the presidency until 2025, argues that Venezuela's inflation is the result of speculation and an economic war designed to cripple the country and force a transition.
But Venezuelan economist Luis Vicente Leon blames the crisis on the state monopoly of foreign currency and strict price and exchange controls.
- 'Millionaires of lies'-
In March, Maduro announced a re-denomination of the bolivar, lopping off three zeroes from its value to counter hyperinflation. The launch has been postponed as the electronic banking system wasn't ready and nor were the promised new banknotes printed.
Leon dismisses the measures are "an ephemeral work of art".
"Removing zeroes from the currency does not extinguish the fuse that causes hyperinflation," says the economist.
Many Venezuelans are already lopping off the zeroes automatically, "for convenience and for the psychological effect. For instance, when something costs 4.5 million we say 4,500," says Olga.
In 2017, Maduro announced a new 100,000 bolivar bill, which would now no longer buy an egg. Now, the highest value will be 500 bolivars, which might buy you a coffee.
For Elizabeth Torres and many like her, it's a surreal, unfunny joke.
"We are millionaires of lies. What we are is poorer."

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Please note timing......................4 months before mid terms....

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
little.brother.taxes.jpg