• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

CABG X5

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Fact is that most CVD is genetic... Fact diet influences less than a 25% of patients with CVD, Fact modern food & diet do not cause CVD, Fact exercise & physical activity can aid in regenerating the cardio vascular system and retard but not stop CVD. Fact the Tyrolean Iceman, a 5,300-year-old glacier mummy from the Alps was detected with atherosclerosis & high cholesterol levels. Fact the Iceman had a plant based diet.

Fact: Its genetic!

Gnomic correlates of atherosclerosis in ancient humans.

Paleogenetics offers a unique opportunity to study human evolution, population dynamics, and disease evolution in situ. Although histologic and computed x-ray tomographic investigations of ancient mummies have clearly shown that atherosclerosis has been present in humans for more than 5,000 years, limited data are available on the presence of genetic predisposition for cardiovascular disease in ancient human populations. In a previous whole-genome study of the Tyrolean Iceman, a 5,300-year-old glacier mummy from the Alps, an increased risk for coronary heart disease was detected. The Iceman's genome revealed several single nucleotide polymorphisms that are linked with cardiovascular disease in genome-wide association studies. Future genetic studies of ancient humans from various geographic origins and time periods have the potential to provide more insights into the presence and possible changes of genetic risk factors in our ancestors. The study of ancient humans and a better understanding of the interaction between environmental and genetic influences on the development of heart diseases may lead to a more effective prevention and treatment of the most common cause of death in the modern world.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25667090/

Atherosclerosis across 4000 years of human history: the Horus study of four ancient populations.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23489753/?i=6&from=/25667090/related

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Fact is that most CVD is genetic... Fact diet influences less than a 25% of patients with CVD, Fact modern food & diet do not cause CVD, Fact exercise & physical activity can aid in regenerating the cardio vascular system and retard but not stop CVD. Fact the Tyrolean Iceman, a 5,300-year-old glacier mummy from the Alps was detected with atherosclerosis & high cholesterol levels. Fact the Iceman had a plant based diet.

Fact: Its genetic!

Gnomic correlates of atherosclerosis in ancient humans.

Paleogenetics offers a unique opportunity to study human evolution, population dynamics, and disease evolution in situ. Although histologic and computed x-ray tomographic investigations of ancient mummies have clearly shown that atherosclerosis has been present in humans for more than 5,000 years, limited data are available on the presence of genetic predisposition for cardiovascular disease in ancient human populations. In a previous whole-genome study of the, an increased risk for coronary heart disease was detected. The Iceman's genome revealed several single nucleotide polymorphisms that are linked with cardiovascular disease in genome-wide association studies. Future genetic studies of ancient humans from various geographic origins and time periods have the potential to provide more insights into the presence and possible changes of genetic risk factors in our ancestors. The study of ancient humans and a better understanding of the interaction between environmental and genetic influences on the development of heart diseases may lead to a more effective prevention and treatment of the most common cause of death in the modern world.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25667090/

Atherosclerosis across 4000 years of human history: the Horus study of four ancient populations.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23489753/?i=6&from=/25667090/related
Question: What does the Tyrolean Iceman, a 5,300-year-old glacier mummy from the Alps with a plant based diet diagnosed with atherosclerosis (blocked/calcified arteries) & high cholesterol have in common with todays modern man & diet???

Answer: Hu-mans 5000+ years ago & contemporary hu-mans of today both lack the ability to synthesize vitamin c. Almost every species of animal on planet earth has the internal biological ability to produce all of their necessary vitamin c.

Interestingly, hu-mans are one of the only animal species to also suffer from atheriosclerosis, a.k.a. scurvy of the arteries....

http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.aspx?Id=2619

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Yeah, but the procedure leaves the patent with another bigger problem. So they will not perform the procedure now unless the patient signs off on it. But no cardio guy will talk about it, just dodge the question.

Get rid of the statins. People are so dense today because they (med whores) wont admit that a person's brain is made up of 2/3 rd's cholesterol, and when you lower the number below 180 you are endangering the patient. Most of the plaque buildup in the artery's is because the artery's are inflamed so the cholesterol sticks to the inflamed area. Remove whatever is causing the inflammation and the problem becomes manageable. Vit-D3 5k and 2k Vit-C a day helps, but isn't a cure all. Red Yeast Rice is a natural statin. If you are of the belief that you need something to keep your cholesterol under 200 ( I believe that 160 is dangerously low unless you have low HDL.) try it instead of the prescribed statin. Should be available anywhere now as many have switched and get good results without the side effects. My Dr told me about it years ago after I refused to take pharma's poison.
FWIW, I watch my CRP (C- reactive protein) instead of cholesterol. A baby aspirin a day usually keeps it in control.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
FWIW, I watch my CRP (C- reactive protein) instead of cholesterol. A baby aspirin a day usually keeps it in control.
Cardiologist said anyone over 40 yoa should ingest a 81 mg aspirin once a day to fend off CVD & extend life. Like you, I eat one every morning.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Many good years after heart bypass surgery, but something happens after ten years

"The probability of continuing your life following bypass surgery is close to being the same as for the population in general -- once the patient has completed the procedure itself. But a register study from the Department of Clinical Epidemiology at Aarhus University, Denmark, shows that mortality increases 60 - 80% after 8-10 years.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170607123935.htm

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
BB, I would give ya "like" BUT I would like to see you stick around longer than that ! :holding hands:

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Many good years after heart bypass surgery, but something happens after ten years

"The probability of continuing your life following bypass surgery is close to being the same as for the population in general -- once the patient has completed the procedure itself. But a register study from the Department of Clinical Epidemiology at Aarhus University, Denmark, shows that mortality increases 60 - 80% after 8-10 years.[/B]

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170607123935.htm
If you've had CABG and was done meticulously by reliable surgeon and hospital and they fixed whatever was needed to be done then you don't need further testing till 5 years if you are going for some other surgery.
http://www.onlinejacc.org/content/64/22/e77
A lot of info, this is consensus guidelines

Redo CABG is more risky as the anatomy has been changed with scar tissue. But in the centers of excellence such as the Baylor Texas, cleveland clinic, it has been mastered to an art form.