• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

CalExit May Have Already Started

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
CalExit May Have Already Started

by BrianBrady
30/01/2017 10:22 AM

The hysterical response, by California liberals, to President Trump's surprise election was to secede from these United States; I said that it wasn't as far-fetched as it sounds. I live here so I get to see crazy daily.
The ballot proposition to secede is starting to gain signatures. They have a little under six months to gain just over a half-million sigantures from registered voters. They could probably get those sigantures by standing outside of every Warriors, Sharks, and Giants game. Expect California to be voting on this issue in a March 2019 special election.
That's not the big story. I mentioned that this was a plan by California liberals but hysterical liberals are in total control of the California government. The California state government is threatedning to organize a tax boycott of the United States. Sacramento plans to hit back at the federal government by refusing to remit pass-through funds to it. While it can't control what California residents do on April 15, expect California State officials to openly encourage its citizens to send theoir federal tax dollars to Sacramento rather than Washington.
I won't do that. The only thing crazier than sending money to DC is to send money to Sacramento but I won't be suprised if enough Californians comply with the request.

Forget the ballot proposition. Forget an armed rebeliion. This is about money. #Calexit may have already started

More by Brian Brady

https://www.marketslant.com/articles/calexit-may-have-already-started

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Be quite sure there will be a lot of politicians in jail in CA if they do not remit to .gov feds.
California's income tax system is predicated upon the IRS collection system.

In other words: before I can do my California return, I must first complete my 1040.

Fun times!

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
We'll take the northern half, give the southern half to Mexico.
+1! Moved to NorCal from So Cal 14 years ago, and never looked back. That place is a pit. Nothing down there but Celebrities, Attorneys, and Latino Gardeners! People get infatuated with that beach lifestyle, and don't realize what's occuring around them. I'd rather live somewhere where I have enough room (acreage) to park my own vehicle without worrying about a street sweeping ticket every fucking week! If you enjoy the sound of leaf blowers on a daily basis, move to Southern California!

madhu

Silver Member
Silver Miner
And add to that LA traffic is the worst. 30 miles takes you 1.5 -2 hrs in traffic.
Rents are too damn high

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
+1! Moved to NorCal from So Cal 14 years ago, and never looked back. That place is a pit. Nothing down there but Celebrities, Attorneys, and Latino Gardeners! People get infatuated with that beach lifestyle, and don't realize what's occuring around them. I'd rather live somewhere where I have enough room (acreage) to park my own vehicle without worrying about a street sweeping ticket every fucking week! If you enjoy the sound of leaf blowers on a daily basis, move to Southern California!
hahaahahah, I beat ya, I got out the same day that the planes hit the towers, (15 years ago). We thought the roads might be blocked, but we were all packed & took a chance. But we got all the way out. Went to Orygun. BUT the fucking politicians are as bad here. BUT property is/was much more affordable.
Yes, acreage is a major key to freedom.

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Wait a minute ... registered voters .... with or without confirmation of citizenship?

Aurumag

Dimly lit. Highly reflective
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Wait a minute ... registered voters .... with or without confirmation of citizenship?
Now you've done it!

You opened Pandora's Ballot Box.

Flight2gold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
As the article says, "This is about money".
California is actually on the low end of percentage of state revenue from Federal funds.
Unfortunately I seriously doubt they can make up 27% of their budget through goodwill from Cal citizens.
As soon as Federal Highway funds dry up the tune will change from Sacramento.
Unless they raise taxes to an obscene amount, instantly and predated back to 2016.
I guess you can never guess the decisions, poor or otherwise, that people will make.