• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

canada post office - now illegal to ship bullion

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
From reading the comments, I think the guy making the vid jumped to a lot of erroneous conclusions. The Crown Corp. Canadian Mint sells coins in the Crown Corp. Canada Post. The rule changes in the Canada Post bulletin don't apply to manufactured coins.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
From reading the comments, I think the guy making the vid jumped to a lot of erroneous conclusions. The Crown Corp. Canadian Mint sells coins in the Crown Corp. Canada Post. The rule changes in the Canada Post bulletin don't apply to manufactured coins.
so it applies to bars, etc...but not coins?

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Mint also sells silver bars, putting their hallmark on them doesn't make them a coin

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Canada?
What's that? :don't know:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
What Silver said in post # 6. The canadian-based ebay sellers are still accepting payment for canadian bullion coins and shipping them out.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
So the post office won’t ship it, will anyone else? FedEx? UPS? DHL? Any Canadian shipping companies?

R.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The same Canadian politicians who advocated banning PM shipments by the Post Office, probably own controlling interests in Armored Car Companies and Bullion Shipping Services.
Follow the money. Always.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Why steal a barbarous relic when you could steal tons of weed? Funny how they will ship recreational drugs and liquor, but not a simple element on the periodical table.
Dope and booze are taxed to feck so they are OK. Gold hoarders though must be stopped. You can't be hiding wealth from the crown. ALL assets MUST be digitized and tracked daily.

Don't laugh the USSA wants the same here. If just a few more % of people in the US bought Gold instead of doing the "approved" 401k horseshit Gold would be banned again before we could all say boo.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Well
Dope and booze are taxed to feck so they are OK. Gold hoarders though must be stopped. You can't be hiding wealth from the crown. ALL assets MUST be digitized and tracked daily.

Don't laugh the USSA wants the same here. If just a few more % of people in the US bought Gold instead of doing the "approved" 401k horseshit Gold would be banned again before we could all say boo.

As the old saying goes, those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Could we ever see a gold confiscation V 2.0?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Well

As the old saying goes, those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Could we ever see a gold confiscation V 2.0?
Easily. Not many people have it so it wouldn't be much of a fight. Even people old enough to have had silver coins in their pockets didn't care them and care even less now.

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
I doubt a confiscation today would have the same result as it did when there was a lot of official gold in circulation. At that time there was a political appeal to the patriotism of the largely ignorant citizenry to turn in their gold coin, and many complied. i don’t see that happening again, as most have found out many things about US INC since then that they didn’t know, and don’t trust the government. Those that do have any gold or silver are relatively few, and would rather leave their gold buried than hand it over to an irresponsible government.

Not even counting the thousands of tonnes lost “over the side” of course.

R.

Last edited:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I doubt a confiscation today would have the same result as it did when there was a lot of official gold in circulation. At that time there was a political appeal to the patriotism of the largely ignorant citizenry to turn in their gold coin, and many complied. i don’t see that happening again, as most have found out many things abiut the US since then that they didn’t know, and don’t trust the government. Those that do have any gold or silver are relatively few, and would rather leave their gold buried than hand it over to an irresponsible government.

Not even counting the thousands of tonnes lost “over the side” of course.

R.

IMO There is not enough gold that is held in the hands of private citizens to make confiscation worthwhile. There are so many more people "holding" digital fiat (bank accounts, fiat savings, etc.) and fiat is a lot easier to confiscate than gold.