• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Canadian School District Destroys Over 4,700 Books With ‘Negative’ Messages

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Canadian School District Destroys Over 4,700 Books With ‘Negative’ Messages​

Canadian School District Destroys Over 4,700 Books With ‘Negative’ Messages

OBIDEN IS BOLD FACE LIAR- HARRIS JUST AS BAD- THEY BACK THE CANCEL CULTURE

By Megan Williams | September 10, 2021

An Ontario school district burned about 30 books in a reconciliation ceremony for Indigenous peoples in 2019 and has since destroyed over 4,700 books across the district, reported the National Post.

The francophone school board that organized the book burning now regrets its decision after receiving “sharp condemnation from leaders nationwide,” wrote the Post Millennial.

The project, called Redonnons à la terre –”give back to the Earth,” in English — was meant “to make a gesture of openness and reconciliation by replacing books in our libraries that had outdated content and carried negative stereotypes about First Nations, Métis and Inuit people,” school board spokesman Lynne Cossette told the National Post.

Cosette explained that the school board formed a committee with “many Aboriginal knowledge keepers and elders.” They “participated and were consulted at various stages, from the conceptualization to the evaluation of the books, to the tree planting initiative.”

The ashes from the burned books were used as fertilizer to plant a tree.

“We bury the ashes of racism, discrimination and stereotypes in the hope that we will grow up in an inclusive country where all can live in prosperity and security,” said a video that was played to students before the ceremony, reported Radio Canada.

However, the school board was criticized by many for its so-called “educational” decision to burn outdated and offensive books.

Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole tweeted, “A Conservative government will be committed to reconciliation. But the road to reconciliation does not mean tearing down Canada. I strongly condemn the burning of books.”

Since the 2019 ceremony, the Conseil scolaire catholique Providence school district has updated its school libraries by destroying over 4,700 books that don’t have “positive and inclusive messages about the diverse communities within our schools,” the Post Millennial reported.

Bloc leader Yves-François Blanchet said at a press conference, “We don’t burn books. We expose ourselves to history, we explain it, we demonstrate how society has evolved or must evolve,” according to the National Post.

— The CNSNews Team

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Ignorance is bliss!

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
“A Conservative government will be committed to reconciliation. But the road to reconciliation does not mean tearing down Canada. I strongly condemn the burning of books.”
i wonder if he requested those books be re-printed to maintain that level of history...if he believes so strongly, why not demand they be reprinted?

now that would be the story,

not the guys indignation

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Absolute fucking idiots.

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
^ I see what you did there :D

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When it comes to ignorance, America doesn't have a lock on it......YIPPEEEE, You can't destroy a thought and the kiddies will find the book later and curse their elders for trying to control their thinking.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
i bet history and science were well represented. the (stories) have been changed and the previous stuff needs to disappear

we ought to be collecting the older books while the communists are burning/trashing them. suspect libraries across the nation have been undergoing purges for several years

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
i bet history and science were well represented. the (stories) have been changed and the previous stuff needs to disappear

we ought to be collecting the older books while the communists are burning/trashing them. suspect libraries across the nation have been undergoing purges for several years
When books are outlawed, only outlaws will have books.

ABC123

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
suspect libraries across the nation have been undergoing purges for several years
Oh they absolutely are....remember the huge endless rows of books stacked to the ceiling in libraries of our childhood? Gone. Replaced with computer screens, DVD rentals and open spaces filled with the local bums. Libraries are nearly dead.

I will post a picture of the state capitol library next time im there.