• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

cashing out options

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm only fantasizing -

option 1 is to sell the home, using my situation and one of my properties as example, sell for $260k and net approximately $185k after commission, closing and capital gains.

Option 2 is to take a loan for the max 75-80% LTV which would net me $200k and default on the property essentially selling it to the bank for $200k

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Depends on state laws, option 1 is would be my choice.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Read your mortgage carefully and know your state laws, some clauses in your contract and some states allow for the mortgage company to take you to court and lien your assets forever.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I'm only fantasizing -

option 1 is to sell the home, using my situation and one of my properties as example, sell for $260k and net approximately $185k after commission, closing and capital gains.

Option 2 is to take a loan for the max 75-80% LTV which would net me $200k and default on the property essentially selling it to the bank for $200k
Option 2 is dumb, not to mention dishonest. Unless I'm missing something, the cost is more to you than $15K difference is worth.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
the real question you are asking is should you commit fraud or not?

sugar coat it however you want, but this IS what you are asking
Millions did it already , I supsect after that happened they will come after anyone trying it and that the laws were changed.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
A man walks up to a woman at a bar and asks "Would you have sex with me for a million dollars?" She replies "Well, that is a lot of money, ok." He then asks "Well then, will you do it for 10 dollars?" She replies " Of course not, what do you think I am a whore?" He says "I've already established that, at this point we're simply negotiating."