• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Catastrophism thread

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
What gets me is there are so many inexplicable things that modern "science" disimisses as either fake or ignores them completely because they can't explain it and it doesn't fall in with their current model(s). It gets me because that's not science...that is, in a word, dogma.

What we need is a 16 year old girl expert in the field like Greta. In 2022 when the Sun is included in the global warming climate change models she should be looking for some new narratives to push. We should get her in early before someone else grabs her.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

Watched the whole thing... I'm by no means a "trained scientist" - but I've entertained the "theory" that a large impact hit the North American Ice Sheet - leaving no "land crater" (5 miles thick ice) - generated a heat wave that torched the rest of the Continent - melted a huge "glacial lake" in the Ice Sheet - which then "broke free" and poured out over the Continent, perhaps digging/washing out the Grand Canyon in a matter of days rather than millenia or millions of years...

Still waiting for a show with that in mind...

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Lovecraft was a mommas boy and introvert who rarely left the house. He didn't find any clay tablets.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Hey gretta look over here.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Same here. copyright infringement. Translation: censored

with a VPN - no problem... put your "setting" on "France" - I know that one works...

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm about half way through this book, The Wormwood Prophecy.

Not a very long book. Interesting so far.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I really should get a VPN....

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
hooktube.com usually lets you get through the censorious BS too.

Alton

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Solar minimum: Atmospheric radiation up 12% in 3 years

Space Weather
Fri, 13 Mar 2020 20:30 UTC

© Antartctic Glaciers
Artist rendition of cosmic rays
We're back from the Arctic, and we have some new results to share. In January 2020, the students of Earth to Sky Calculus and Spaceweather.com traveled to Abisko, Sweden, to launch a pair of cosmic ray balloons. We'd been there before, launching three identical balloons in March 2017. Putting all the data together, 2017+2020, we find that radiation has increased +12% in the past 3 years:

The graph shows radiation dose rate (uGy/hr) vs. altitude (feet) all the way from ground level to the stratosphere. Radiation appears to be increasing at nearly all altitudes--even in the range 25,000 ft to 40,000 ft where airplanes fly. Polar flight crews and passengers are therefore absorbing ~12% more cosmic radiation than they did only a few years ago.

What's causing the increase? Solar Minimum. At the moment, the sun is near the bottom of the 11-year solar cycle. During Solar Minimum, the sun's magnetic field weakens, allowing extra cosmic rays from deep space to penetrate the solar system. These cosmic rays are hitting Earth's atmosphere, creating a spray of secondary cosmic rays that shower toward the ground below.

Secondary cosmic rays are what we measure. Radiation sensors onboard our helium balloons detect X-rays and gamma-rays in the energy range 10 keV to 20 MeV, similar to what you get from medical X-ray machines and airport security scanners.

We've been launching radiation sensors almost weekly for 5 years--mainly from California, the "home base" of Spaceweather.com. Cosmic rays in the stratosphere have been increasing the entire time, a sign of deepening Solar Minimum.

The new data from Abisko, Sweden, show the increase is not limited to the stratosphere. It is also happening at aviation altitudes with a 3-year increase of ~12% even below 40,000 ft. We're planning another ballooning trip to Sweden in August 2020 to confirm these results. Stay tuned.

Above: Schematic diagram of a cosmic ray air shower. Learn more from CERN.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I guess I really should get a VPN....

I've been using IVACY, after a lot of online searching for best price/quality/service - in December I got the 5 year plan for $60... = $1/month. Can install it on up to 5 devices -computers - smartphones (so 20c/m per device) - (even your router, so many more than "5 devices" if going through the router - haven't tried that).

Excellent "online chat" 24/7 "help desk" for set-up & bugs... Good connections most of the time... Downloading videos (torrents) @ 2M/s... (my local service's limit I think)...

In these days of "#StayTheFuckHome", for "home entertainment" ...bummer that TPB has been down since March 6th - but proxy sites still have all the uploads until then available (the "Top 100" of each "category" still have PLENTY of "seeders" & "leachers" for download connections)... https://www3.knaben.ru/ThePirateBay.php ... for example). List of proxies - https://proxybay.uno/

Last edited:

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Solar minimum: Atmospheric radiation up 12% in 3 years

What's causing the increase? Solar Minimum. At the moment, the sun is near the bottom of the 11-year solar cycle. During Solar Minimum, the sun's magnetic field weakens, allowing extra cosmic rays from deep space to penetrate the solar system. These cosmic rays are hitting Earth's atmosphere, creating a spray of secondary cosmic rays that shower toward the ground below.

I know that (theoretically) Cosmic Rays go right through the Planet Earth - but I wonder if some substances "divert" or "reduce" them... For instance "concrete slab ceiling" or "ceramic tile roofing"...???

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Interesting video.

Shows many ancient sites are below a particular salettlite orbit. Touches on the "Last Extinction Nova'.

Golden Regards
Uncle

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I know that (theoretically) Cosmic Rays go right through the Planet Earth - but I wonder if some substances "divert" or "reduce" them... For instance "concrete slab ceiling" or "ceramic tile roofing"...???
Maybe it's all that shit the gubberment is been spraying into the atmosphere to protect us

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Those cool space suits that will be all the 'rage' when we're colonizing Mars should do just fine...the near earth astronauts are using them right now

:martian:

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting video.

Shows many ancient sites are below a particular salettlite orbit. Touches on the "Last Extinction Nova'.

Golden Regards
Uncle
That's a great short video. Thanks for posting it. I think the idea that there could have been an advanced civilization that was destroyed is starting (little by little) to gain traction. Not quickly, mind you, but it's starting to take root...we could very well see this idea become mainstream in the next 10 years.

My hunch is that one thing holding it back are the atheists in Academia. They would have to admit that at least portions of the Biblical "Noah's flood" story were true, and God knows they can't admit anything from the bible is true because then they would have to admit that there are other portions of the bible rooted in truth.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
But there are many pre-Bible stories, which amongst others, also had a great flood. Perhaps having a satellite orbiting at 25 000 BC might discredit the Bible?

Golden Regards
Uncle

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But there are many pre-Bible stories, which amongst others, also had a great flood. Perhaps having a satellite orbiting at 25 000 BC might discredit the Bible?

Golden Regards
Uncle
Any ancient myth needs to be discredited by the atheist academics; they can't admit anything that doesn't fit into their contrived "box" (which actually makes them practicians of faith and their belief system a sort of religion).

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
7,000 year old Spanish "Stonehenge" revealed during drought...

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...submerged-stonehenge?utm_source=pocket-newtab

5f3195017c6cd.jpg

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Interesting video.

Golden Regards
Uncle
That was a great video. One thing I like to do is take all of these theories into my small brain and see what makes sense and what doesn't.
He mentioned the craters that are found all over the place as if there were a major shotgun blast impact event. How about a micro nova from the sun that sends all the asteroids floating around up there, crashing down to earth and at the same time sends huge amounts of heat into the atmosphere. This supposedly happens every 12k years or so. We are due. :(

As evidenced by the last post, 7000 years ago, the henges don't seem to match technology with the pyramids. Is it possible that there were 2 civilizations living simultaneously on the planet? Absolutely. One or more may have been more advanced than others. Plenty of evidence of that even today.

Pyramids and other ancient stonework. Just some random thoughts but the Pyramids seem to have been built on top of ancient foundations. Robert Schock and John Anthony West made those observations years ago. As for the pyramids themselves, I'm not convinced they are that hard to build actually. The only thing really missing from that story is a hard enough substance to use as tools. If your a civilization thats been working stone for a few generations you can get that stuff figured out pretty easily. People back then weren't stupid. Stonework isn't really that hard to do once you know what your doing. Look at some of the cathedrals that were built in the 12 and 13th centuries, still standing today. Every bit as intricate if not more so than some of the ancient works.
However, looking a little deeper at some of the artifacts found in Egypt. In particular the stone bowls that are in the Cairo museum. Like 60,000 of them IIRC. Thats impressive work that was definitely not done by hand. Then we have those huge 100 ton coffin looking things. Lids look like they were just laser sliced from the piece of stone. All of those things may have been from a previous generation.. By generation I am referring to each 12-13k years as a generation. I don't think those things were created in this current generation and possibly not even in the generation before. Time period 12-24k years ago.

Ancient Indian writings from India talk about vimanas. Flying machines. Very possible.
If we can go from the stone age to where we are today in 12k years then I see no reason why previous generations of civilizations couldn't do the same.

Oh and i wanted to add. I agree with him in looking for clues offshore. Unfortunately the only thing left after 12k years is probably stone work.
Imagine today, a micro nova occurs. It hits earth with intense heat and asteroids, destroying just about everything. Metals and plastics are melted away. The intense heat evaporates 100 meters of water in the oceans. This also blows a hole in our atmosphere temporarily that allows intense cold in from space thereby freezing all of the water and creating the next ice age. That ice gradually grinds every trace of civilization away wherever it rests. Food for thought.

Last edited:

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That was a great video. One thing I like to do is take all of these theories into my small brain and see what makes sense and what doesn't.
He mentioned the craters that are found all over the place as if there were a major shotgun blast impact event. How about a micro nova from the sun that sends all the asteroids floating around up there, crashing down to earth and at the same time sends huge amounts of heat into the atmosphere. This supposedly happens every 12k years or so. We are due. :(

As evidenced by the last post, 7000 years ago, the henges don't seem to match technology with the pyramids. Is it possible that there were 2 civilizations living simultaneously on the planet? Absolutely. One or more may have been more advanced than others. Plenty of evidence of that even today.

Pyramids and other ancient stonework. Just some random thoughts but the Pyramids seem to have been built on top of ancient foundations. Robert Schock and John Anthony West made those observations years ago. As for the pyramids themselves, I'm not convinced they are that hard to build actually. The only thing really missing from that story is a hard enough substance to use as tools. If your a civilization thats been working stone for a few generations you can get that stuff figured out pretty easily. People back then weren't stupid. Stonework isn't really that hard to do once you know what your doing. Look at some of the cathedrals that were built in the 12 and 13th centuries, still standing today. Every bit as intricate if not more so than some of the ancient works.
However, looking a little deeper at some of the artifacts found in Egypt. In particular the stone bowls that are in the Cairo museum. Like 60,000 of them IIRC. Thats impressive work that was definitely not done by hand. Then we have those huge 100 ton coffin looking things. Lids look like they were just laser sliced from the piece of stone. All of those things may have been from a previous generation.. By generation I am referring to each 12-13k years as a generation. I don't think those things were created in this current generation and possibly not even in the generation before. Time period 12-24k years ago.

Ancient Indian writings from India talk about vimanas. Flying machines. Very possible.
If we can go from the stone age to where we are today in 12k years then I see no reason why previous generations of civilizations couldn't do the same.

Oh and i wanted to add. I agree with him in looking for clues offshore. Unfortunately the only thing left after 12k years is probably stone work.
Imagine today, a micro nova occurs. It hits earth with intense heat and asteroids, destroying just about everything. Metals and plastics are melted away. The intense heat evaporates 100 meters of water in the oceans. This also blows a hole in our atmosphere temporarily that allows intense cold in from space thereby freezing all of the water and creating the next ice age. That ice gradually grinds every trace of civilization away wherever it rests. Food for thought.

Meteors and micronovas. Between the two, almost all traces of most civilizations would be wiped clean from the face of the world...and I would imagine that the heat and energy absorbed from a micronova could very well literally reduce much of the world to base minerals.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Some more videos I stumbled into.

Don't know whom posted these first, but remember Misty making a positive comment.

He seems to be trying to investigate the same issue as in the first video above.

Most probably start here.

Golden Regards
Uncle

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Edit - found ONE video

related to =

Something I found in one of my old hard drives,

Page 1 of 12The Gravity Theory Of Mass Extinction John Stojanowski January 5, 2012
CONTENTS
# 1 THE GRAVITY THEORY OF MASS EXTINCTION
# 1.1 HISTORY
# 1.2 OVERVIEW
# 1.3 Key Principles
# 1.3.1 Earth’s Surface Gravity Changes
# 1.3.2 Eustatic Sea Level Changes
# 1.3.3 Eruptions of Flood Basalt Volcanism
# 1.3.4 Gigantism of Phanerozoic life forms
# 1.3.5 Earth’s Geomagnetic Reversals
# 1.3.6 Mass Extinction
# 1.3.6.1 Pleistocene Megafauna Extinction
# 1.3.7 Earth’s Geomagnetic Secular Variation
# 1.4 References
THE GRAVITY THEORY OF MASS EXTINCTION
Author: John Stojanowski January 5, 2012, updated September 14, 2012
The Gravity Theory of Mass Extinction (GTME) [1] is a theory that explains the causation of mass
extinction events throughout the history of the Earth. It also posits the reason for dinosaur gigantism,
flood basalt volcanism, rapid changes in marine eustatic sea level, the Earth’s geomagnetic
reversals and geomagnetic secular variation. The theory asserts that all of these phenomena are linked
together. The foundation of the theory is the assertion that the Earth’s core elements (i.e.,
inner core, outer core and the densest part of the lower mantle), under certain conditions, can
be displaced from their current Earth-centric position.
Based on the following evidence supporting the core element’s history of displacement, or offset, the GTME
asserts that surface gravity on this planet has not been constant over long periods of time including the
Phanerozoic Eon (542 Ma - 0 Ma). Specifically, the core elements’ offset from the Earth’s center is primarily
dependent upon the latitudinal symmetry of the net center of mass of all continental tectonic plates on the
surface of the Earth relative to the equator (Fig. 4).
The linkage between the movement of the core elements and the continental tectonic plates is governed by the
Law of Conservation of Angular Momentum. The consolidation of the supercontinent of Pangea with its center
of mass well south of the equator displaced all three core elements and caused a worldwide surface gravitational
gradient where the magnitude of surface gravity at any point on the surface was dependent on its distance from
the Earth’s shifted center of mass. The core elements shifted away from Pangea thereby lowering surface gravity
on the entire supercontinent; lowest surface gravity near Pangea’s equatorial region.
Relative to surface gravity, the GTME posits, in general terms:
The magnitude of the changes in surface gravity on the surface of the Earth for the last several
hundred million years was primarily influenced by the degree of asymmetry of the continental
tectonic plates relative to the equator.
The GTME is a unified theory. It unites all of the following phenomena which it posits are a direct consequence
of the offset of the Earth’s core elements from their current Earth-centric position:
1. Most, if not all, of the mass extinctions during the Phanerozoic Eon.
2.The gigantism of most life forms, both terrestrial and marine, during the Paleozoic, Mesozoic
and Cenozoic Eras resulted from changes in surface gravity.
3. The unusually high sea levels during the above three periods.

Page 2 of 12The Gravity Theory Of Mass Extinction John Stojanowski January 5, 2012
4. Almost all of the rapid worldwide sea level eustatic regressive/transgressive couplets which
occurred during the above three periods.
5. All of the massive flood basalt eruptions during the above three periods.
6. All geomagnetic reversals of the Earth’s north and south poles.
7. The movement of the Earth’s geomagnetic poles known as geomagnetic secular variation.
HISTORY
Several theories have attempted to explain the gigantism of the largest dinosaurs of the Mesozoic Era,
specifically the sauropods. Expanding Earth and Earth contraction hypotheses have been proposed but have
failed to convince the scientific community of their validity. Other hypotheses have suggested that the
accumulation of cosmic debris on the Earth’s surface has altered its surface gravity, however no convincing
explanation has been offered.
The author of the GTME, John Stojanowski, sought to explain dinosaur gigantism and concluded that the
Earth’s surface gravity had to be less when dinosaurs existed. He developed the hypothesis (in 2004) that the
consolidation of the Earth’s continental tectonic plates had changed the surface gravity on Pangea. He
subsequently theorized that all three of the Earth’s core elements must have shifted away from their current
Earth-centric position before the dinosaurs existed, lowering surface gravity. And, he speculated that surface
gravity must have increased rapidly nearly 65 million years ago as Pangea broke apart causing the extinction of
the dinosaurs and other fauna, both terrestrial and marine.
After studying the existing literature relating to dinosaurs and extinction he developed the GTME, a unified
theory which relegates most of the currently accepted causes of mass extinction as being the after-effects of
rapid changes in the movement of the Earth’s core elements. The theory has evolved from 2004 to 2011 to
include a novel explanation for flood basalt volcanism, rapid changes in worldwide sea levels, geomagnetic pole
reversals and geomagnetic secular variation.
OVERVIEW
The GTME posits a novel mechanism responsible for surface gravitation changes. Displacement of the Earth’s
core elements, including the inner core, outer core and the densest part of the lower mantle away from their
current Earth-centric position is that mechanism. The theory posits that the consolidation of the supercontinent
of Pangea would have forced all three of the core elements to move away from their Earth-centric position and
away from Pangea based upon the Law of Conservation of Angular Momentum. The amount of core element
offset would be determined primarily by the degree of asymmetry of the center of mass of the supercontinent
relative to the equator. The further the center of mass of Pangea moved latitudinally away from the
equator, the greater were the core elements’ offset, and therefore the greater the reduction in
surface gravity on Pangea. It must be noted that prior to the consolidation of Pangea, the Earth’s
continental tectonic plates were in a configuration far different from that of today. Therefore, throughout the
history of the Earth there were variations in surface gravity on this planet’s surface which was dependent on the
distribution of the continental tectonic plates.
Based upon Newton’s law of universal gravitation, the change to the Earth’s surface gravity at any point on the
surface would depend on the distance from that point to the center of mass of the Earth. The displacement of
the Earth’s core elements would cause a shift in the position of the Earth’s center of mass resulting in a
gravitational field-strength gradient on the surface; lowest field strength at a point on the surface that is furthest
away from the shifted center of mass (e.g., the equatorial part of Pangea) and highest gravitational field strength
antipodal to that point. Therefore, a worldwide surface gravitational gradient would have existed on
the Earth’s surface for most of the Phanerozoic Eon.

Page 3 of 12The Gravity Theory Of Mass Extinction John Stojanowski January 5, 2012
The lowering of surface gravity, as posited by the GTME, would explain the gigantism of life forms, both
terrestrial and marine, in prior eras. The gigantic life forms of the Mesozoic, both terrestrial and marine, are
well known.
The GTME posits that most Mass extinctions, of which the Big Five Mass Extinctions are best known, are
the result of changes to the Earth’s surface gravity resulting from the offsetting of the core elements. And, the
distribution of continental tectonic plates on the Earth’s surface, which determines the offset of the core
elements, has varied markedly for the hundreds of millions of years.[19]
Prior to the GTME there have been no completely unequivocal explanations for the causes of the major mass
extinctions. The GTME asserts that the most common causes cited for mass extinction, including flood basalt
volcanism, marine regression, climate change and bolide impact are not the primary causes of mass extinction.
It also posits that many of these phenomena are the direct result of the rapid movement of the Earth’s displaced
core elements, which explains why extinction periods immediately preceded the occurrences of most of the
above phenomena.
The GTME provides a novel explanation for the reversals of the Earth’s magnetic field: geomagnetic
reversals are a consequence of the movement of the inner core, relative to the outer core. Based
on this same concept it also explains the movement of the Earth’s geomagnetic poles, the northern geomagnetic
pole currently is offset from the geographic pole by approximately eleven degrees. This movement is called
geomagnetic secular variation.
Key Principles
Earth’s Surface Gravity Changes
The rotating Earth must maintain its total angular momentum, according to the Law of Conservation of Angular
Momentum. Therefore, when the combined center of mass of all continental tectonic plates moves away from
the equator, one or more of the three core elements also have to shift away from their Earth-centric position in
order to conserve the Earth’s total angular momentum.
If all three of the core elements are displaced, locations on the Earth’s surface would experience a significant
change in surface gravity dependent upon the amount of core element offset and therefore, their distance from
the new center of mass of the Earth; a worldwide surface gravitational gradient would form.
A second factor affecting angular momentum was the redistribution of the Earth’s sea level. As surface gravity
lowered near Pangea surrounding sea level rose substantially and fell correspondingly antipodal to Pangea. In
effect, a positive feedback process occurred; the further Pangea’s center of mass moved away from the equator,
the higher surrounding sea levels became forcing the Earth’s core elements away from Earth-centricity more
than that resulting from latitudinal continental plate movement alone.
When a supercontinent, such as Pangea, moves latitudinally it displaces all three of the core
elements: inner core, outer core and dense lower mantle, resulting in significant changes in
surface gravitation.
When the center of mass of a supercontinent crosses or moves close to the equator, core elements approach
their current, relatively Earth-centric position and surface gravity strength on the supercontinent rises to near
its current level. Two of the largest mass extinctions, the Permian-Triassic (~251 Ma) and the Cretaceous-
Tertiary (~65 Ma), occurred when the center of mass of the supercontinent of Pangea crossed the
equator. A chart published recently (2011) by a French research group relating to plate tectonics confirms this
timing of Pangea’s near equator movement.[2]
The Triassic-Jurassic (~200 Ma) mass extinction occurred under different conditions, but readily explainable.
The chart published by the French research group [2] shows Pangea was at its maximum northerly latitude
above the equator approximately 200 Ma and had reversed direction and started moving south. This would,
according to the GTME, entail a rapid increase in surface gravity from its lowest level in the Mesozoic Era. The
extinctions, rapid changes in sea level (i.e., regressive-transgressive couplet) and the lagging flood basalt

Page 4 of 12The Gravity Theory Of Mass Extinction John Stojanowski January 5, 2012
volcanism of the CAMP (Central American Magmatic Province) all agree with what the GTME would predict at
that time. The extinction at this time of the dinosaurs prime competitor, the crurotarsi, is attributed to, by the
GTME, to this rapid increase in surface gravity. They were mostly large, splayed-leg terrestrial carnivores and
this hip-leg structure made them susceptible to the increase in surface gravitation allowing the dinosaurs to
become the dominant terrestrial species for the rest of the Mesozoic Era.
Eustatic Sea Level Changes
Many, if not most, scientists attribute all rapid marine regressive-transgressive couplets to glacioeustasy, the
rising and falling of sea level due to ice formation and melting. This has caused a lot of confusion, particularly
when the period being studied does not exhibit conditions favorable for ice formation and/or melting.[3] The
GTME is able to solve this paradox.
Worldwide sea level height is determined by several factors, one of them being the strength of surface gravity.
When Pangea formed, the GTME posits that low surface gravity near Pangea raised the sea level near the
supercontinent dramatically as shown in a chart of Phanerozoic sea levels (Fig. 1). Worldwide, also known as
eustatic, sea levels are determined primarily by three factors: thermal expansion of oceanic crust resulting from
the intensity of sea floor spreading related to tectonic plate movement and flood basalt eruptions on the
ocean floor, the degree of terrestrial ice accumulation and surface gravity strength. Therefore, at any point on
the sea level chart, the height of sea level is determined primarily by the sum of the above three components.
The GTME posits that due to the surface gravitational gradient around the Earth’s surface, there
was an inverse relationship between the strength of surface gravity and sea level height when
Pangea existed, i.e., most of the time there were high sea levels near Pangea and low sea levels
antipodally (Fig. 2). This worldwide sea level gradient distorts the meaning of “eustatic sea
level.”
There were times when sea levels near Pangea varied from very high to very low as can be seen by viewing the
sea level chart referenced above. Based on the GTME, during the Phanerozoic Eon there was a worldwide
surface gravity gradient, therefore current measurement of sea levels for that period will not be completely
accurate because the assumption that is made when sea level charts are drawn is that there has been no
latitudinal nor longitudinal variation in surface gravity of any significance at any time.
Extinction periods coincide with periods when worldwide sea level fell and rose rapidly and there were many of
these eustatic regressive-transgressive couplets. This coincidence has been well documented by Hallam and
Wignall (1997)[4]. Prior to that, Chamberlin (1909) observed the coincidence of regression and extinction as
well as Newell (1967). Newell made the observation with respect to six of the largest mass extinction periods.[5]
More recently, geology professor Shanan Peters of the University of Wisconsin-Madison (2008)[6] has also
supported the sea level/extinction linkage.
According to the GTME, when there is rapid, very large continental tectonic plate movement latitudinally, there
is a corresponding rapid change of core element offset along with changes in surface gravity and, by extension,
eustatic sea levels change due to the worldwide gravitational gradient that has been described. When the center
of mass of very large tectonic plates moves away from the equator, core elements move synchronously away
from Earth-centricity. When Pangea existed, this resulted in lower surface gravity on all of the supercontinent.
When a supercontinent moves rapidly and latitudinally so that its center of mass moves toward
the equator, a pulse of increasing surface gravity results causing marine regressive-
transgressive couplets.
When the supercontinent of Pangea moved north and south during the Phanerozoic Eon, as documented by the
French research study cited earlier [2], the movement of this huge consolidated tectonic mass forced the
displacement of all three core elements significantly. Today, the separate movement of individual continents
cannot displace all of the core elements, only the inner core and to a lesser extent the outer core can be offset
from Earth-centricity.
The GTME posits that as the center of mass of the supercontinent Pangea moved rapidly toward the equator,
there was a rapid pulse of increasing surface gravity which initiated the marine regressive-transgressive

Page 5 of 12The Gravity Theory Of Mass Extinction John Stojanowski January 5, 2012
couplets at both the Permian-Triassic (~251 Ma) and Cretaceous-Tertiary (~65 Ma) boundaries, as well as in
many other periods. The killing mechanism during the regressive phase was the pulse of increasing surface
gravity, negatively affecting both marine and terrestrial life. Hallam and Wignall (1999) have repeatedly
emphasized the coincidence of marine extinctions and the transgressive component of a regressive-
transgressive couplet.[7]
During the transgressive phase that followed the preceding regression, the killing mechanism of
marine life would be due to the simultaneous increase in surface gravity and sea level rise,
which would reduce the buoyancy and depth range of some marine life; water pressure
increases with depth when surface gravity increases.
For example, the extinction of the ammonites at the end of the Cretaceous period, which has been well-
documented by Peter Ward (1992),[8] coincides with the major regressive-transgressive couplet at that time. The
ammonite, unlike the nautilus, evolved a shell less tolerant of high water pressure during the Mesozoic and the
GTME posits lower surface gravity at that time for that evolutionary change. It also posits that when surface
gravity increased rapidly during the late Cretaceous, the ammonites range of sea level depth kept diminishing
making them vulnerable to shallow water predators as well as predators closer to the surface. This appears to be
in agreement with research that found that early ammonites had shells capable of withstanding high water
pressure while the Cretaceous ammonites had shells that limited their habitats to shallower depths.[9]
Near the Permian-Triassic boundary (~251 Ma) there was a third possible killing mechanism in addition to the
increasing surface gravity and the regression/transgression effects just described, which was the release of
methane from the sea bottom due to the warm temperatures and the major marine regressive half of the couplet
which caused the lowest sea levels in the Phanerozoic Eon. The simultaneous occurrence of very low eustatic sea
levels and warm climate also occurred during the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum(~55 Ma) when there
was a regressive-transgressive couplet.[10] This would explain the disassociation of methane from the methane
hydrates at the bottom of the sea at that time, a factor in the PETM extinctions in the same way it would have
been during the Permian-Triassic mass extinction. This would indicate, according to the GTME, a rapid
movement of one or more large continental tectonic plates toward the equator.
The work of Hallam and Wignall (1997)[4] supports the above relationship between marine regressive-
transgressive couplets and extinction although they attribute extinction during the transgressive phase to the
toxic effects of anoxic water. When the regressive-transgressive couplet is the result of glacioeustasy, the
extinctions are absent as would be expected based on the GTME and this is confirmed by Anthony Hallam
(1992).[11]
Prior to the publication of the GTME scientists, in many instances, attributed almost all rapid marine
regressive-transgressive couplets to the formation and melting of ice caps. Yet, most of these couplets occurred
when Pangea existed and worldwide temperatures were much higher than they are today. As stated, the GTME
solves this apparent paradox. With high sea levels near Pangea and corresponding low sea levels antipodal to
Pangea, any rapid marine regression near Pangea caused by a pulse of increasing surface gravity on the
supercontinent would cause sea level regression near Pangea followed by a transgressive wave caused by the
corresponding rise in sea level antipodal to Pangea.
Eruptions of Flood Basalt Volcanism
The coincidence of periods of extinction and the eruption of flood basalt volcanism is well known. Many
scientists have attributed the extinctions to the detrimental effects of outgassing of volcanic carbon dioxide and
sulphur dioxide which might have caused an abrupt climate change. Vincent Courtillot is a major supporter of
the linkage between extinction and flood basalt volcanism as detailed in one of his books (2002).[12] This type of
volcanism is believed to originate at the Earth’s core-mantle boundary.
The GTME attributes the flood basalt eruptions to the movement of the displaced core elements
as they moved back toward their Earth-centric position (Fig. 3).
This returning movement would create high fluid pressure within the lower mantle by the outer and inner cores
moving in a direction that would return them toward Earth-centricity. That pressure would have been highest
on the periphery of the outer core’s hemisphere nearest to Pangea thereby initiating a plume that would
eventually reach the Earth’s surface.

Page 6 of 12The Gravity Theory Of Mass Extinction John Stojanowski January 5, 2012
Therefore, the GTME posits a linkage between continental tectonic plate movement and flood
basalt volcanism.
There would be a lag in time, possibly up to a few million years between the continental tectonic plate
movement, which would be coeval with a gravity-induced extinction event, and the eruption of the flood basalt
volcanism at the Earth’s surface. Paul B. Wignall (2001) confirms this lag between extinction and flood
basalt eruptions of the Siberian Traps, the CAMP eruptions and the Karoo eruptions.[13] He includes the end-
Guadalupian extinction (~260 Ma) and the following Emeishan flood basalt eruptions in this group. This dual
extinction event, of the end-Guadalupian/end-Permian, along with the lagging flood basalt eruptions is what
would be expected based on the GTME.
During the late Permian Period, Pangea’s center of mass was moving rapidly toward the equator (see prior
commentary on chart of the French research group[2]). The GTME explains the proximal relationship of the
end-Guadalupian (~ 260 Ma) and end-Permian (~251 Ma) mass extinctions and attendant flood basalt
volcanism as follows: The center of mass of the supercontinent of Pangea was in the southern hemisphere (as
documented by the French research group cited earlier) and moved north rapidly toward the equator causing a
rapid movement of all three core elements toward an Earth-centric position. This would have caused a pulse of
increasing surface gravity on Pangea followed by the Emeishan flood basalt eruptions which reached the
surface about 1 million years later. The increase in surface gravity resulted in a major regression and the
lowered sea levels coupled with the warm temperatures initiated the disassociation of methane from the sea
bottom.
There then was a pause in the northward movement of Pangea for several million years and then it accelerated
again at which time it crossed over the paleoequator (Fig.1). This resulted in the same pattern of events as that
of the end-Guadalaupian, namely, a rapid movement of the core elements to near their current earth-centric
position, a rapid further increase in surface gravitation to near its current strength, further lowering of sea
levels, the initiation of the Siberian Traps flood basalt volcanism which would reach the surface about a million
years later. Prior to the flood basalt eruptions would be an increase in the disassociation of methane from the
sea bottom’s methane hydrates causing further devastation.
An end-Guadalupian research paper notes that the magnitude of the associated extinction event is not solely the
function of the size (i.e., volume) of the flood basalt eruptions but more importantly, the eruption rate.[14]
Geologist/paleontologist Anthony Hallam was puzzled by the absence of Large Igneous Provinces (LIP), the
surface indications of flood basalt volcanism, prior to the Permian Period.[15]. This absence is predicted by the
GTME which, as stated above, posits that massive flood basalt volcanism occurs only when the core elements
are moving toward Earth-centricity. More precisely, the center of mass of the supercontinent Pangea formed
and remained south of the equator throughout the Paleozoic Era until it started moving north ~260 Ma and
crossed the equator ~252 Ma. This is why there was no flood basalt volcanism in the Paleozoic Era prior to the
Emeishan flood basalt eruptions of ~260 Ma when Pangea started moving north although there is the
possibility of prior flood basalt volcanism that occurred on the ocean floor. This most likely would have
happened during the end-Devonian (~359 Ma), end-Silurian (~418 Ma) and end-Ordovician (~443) Periods
when a substantial drop in sea level occurred indicating a northern movement of the continental masses toward
the paleoequator. If this happened, the remnants of the oceanic volcanism would have been subducted.
The largest lava flows from flood basalt volcanism occurred when the supercontinent of Pangea existed and has
steadily diminished as the continents have moved further apart. This fact strongly supports the GTME, which
has asserted that the forces that cause the movement of the core elements, and initiate flood basalt volcanism,
are proportional to the size of the continental mass that moves in the same direction, latitudinally.

Gigantism of Phanerozoic life forms
The GTME attributes the gigantism of a wide variety of life forms during the Phanerozoic Eon (542 Ma to
present) to variation in surface gravity as described previously. Some of the most notable are the 390 million-
year-old eight foot long scorpion Eurypterid, the 300 million-year-old dragonfly Meganeuropsis with a wingspan
of two and a half feet, sauropods and theropods, large marine reptiles, the largest pterodactyls, etc. There has
been speculation that other factors such as oxygen levels, atmospheric pressure and land mass area size might
have been contributing factors that influenced, for example, sauropod gigantism.

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
More evidence of something big having happened approx 12,000 years ago.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
More evidence of something big having happened approx 12,000 years ago.

Interesting - I used Google Maps and found that much of Southern Argentina looks like the "Channelled Scablands" of Washington State...except in some cases on a larger scale. Apparently, the megafloods weren't just isolated in the N Hemisphere.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So Randall Carlson has morphed his Geocosmic Rex channel into "Kosmographia" and now has a website;

The YouTube Channel:

The Website

I think he's planning on doing the Joe Rogan show in the next couple of weeks. We'll see.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I enjoy Suspicious0bservers videos. More to consider:
Part I
Part II ( 2:00 min. mark to skip review)
GIANT WAVE DISASTER

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
CIA INTERESTS AND COVER-UP:

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
If your are into this topic grab ya some popcorn and favorite beverage and consume all. Approx. 30 min. mark "...the Carrington Event is no where close to what the Sun can do".... ( 1hr 17 min):

Last edited:

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I just logged into (free-no ads) www.ventusky.com (downloaded their app to my cell, too) - and looked at temperatures over the globe...

Forget "global warming"... It's chilly even in the southern hemisphere where it's mid-summer... (apart from the waters near Antarctica! ??? )

Even looks like the Gulf Stream is at a standstill, from my view...

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score