• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

"Cathie Wood: China Has Already COLLAPSED! You Just Don't Know It Yet..."

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
If she were some fat old ugly bald white guy, no one would pay any attention to her at all. o_O :D

So IOW the informational content of the vid exceeds your attention span & ability to interpret the message! Can you read books without pictures?

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
So IOW the informational content of the vid exceeds your attention span & ability to interpret the message! Can you read books without pictures?
I prefer the books with those 3D pop-up illustrations. :D o_O

No, i haven't watched your video but I have seen at least 10 other interviews with her.

She's just another media darling, cherry-picked out of a thousand others to obsess over, like the media did with Travon Martin or Kyle Rittenhouse or Casey Anthony, on and on.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
I prefer the books with those 3D pop-up illustrations. :D o_O

No, i haven't watched your video but I have seen at least 10 other interviews with her.

She's just another media darling, cherry-picked out of a thousand others to obsess over, like the media did with Travon Martin or Kyle Rittenhouse or Casey Anthony, on and on.

If you had watched the vid, you would have known that she contributed very little to the information presented, at best, or at most 10%, maybe less...

Goldhedge

Retired
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
If she were some fat old ugly bald white guy, no one would pay any attention to her at all. o_O :D
Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 12.20.48 PM.png

Yikes!

Sounds as if China has repeated our Roaring 20's.... the market ALWAYS goes up... so borrow money to invest in the market!

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
If you had watched the vid, you would have known that she contributed very little to the information presented, at best, or at most 10%, maybe less...
Right, the presenter/vlogger just used her NAME as clickbait.

I think his analogy, China to Japan, the two real-estate bubbles, ignores one key, critical factor: Japan has been a Constitutional monarchy. China is a capitalist totalitarian state. There is business activity, but no true freedom - only license and permission.

Their real-estate bubble is blown because other meaningful investments are denied non-Party Chinese subjects.

And as for Cathie Ugly? She's focused on Chinese commodities, because that is key to HER fetish, the Muskmobile. All she has, now, probably is tied to her mirage success, due to Musk's crony connections and open (illegal) stock manipulation. So, yeah...as she sits in her palatial sitting room, feeling fashionably ugly, she worries if the CCP is going to sink Tesla's Goldilocks business model (not too expensive or too cheap) and hence reduce her to a schoolteacher's salary once again.

ZZZZZ

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

That's my point. some fat old ugly bald guy wouldn't drawn many clicks to the "bait."

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
If China has already collapsed can we get their puppet in the white house on a slow boat to China...then torpedo it over the Mariana Trench?

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
That's my point. some fat old ugly bald guy wouldn't drawn many clicks to the "bait."
Cathie Fugg isn't bait.

She's the object of hero worship. For the same reason Doctor The-Science is...because fawning acolytes have built up those cults.

Her fund, which basically aped a tech-stock index (not sure which one; I'm not in her fund) did really well for a few years. So suddenly this misplaced schoolmarm is living like Princess Diana, and has people following her ever vapid word.

Now things are turning, and except for Musk's pyramid scheme, none of her stocks are doing well.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Reaction score
If China has already collapsed can we get their puppet in the white house on a slow boat to China?
If it were only that easy.

A collapsing failed-state with a functioning army (including nuclear weapons, here) is a most dangerous thing. War is the last refuge of a failed tyrant.

Scorpio

для продажи слегка подержанный
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
only the slow authors are still using her name,

she is being tossed like so many before her,
the 5 mins of fame has eclipsed and they are now talking smack about her

it is actually quite a process to watch as they (the media and other trader taking heads) build them up, then turn on them viciously when their performance comes back out of the stratosphere to make up for all that time where she was burying them in outperformance

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Some of us actually know how to read and prefer to do so instead of watching attention whores blather on for 30 mins about something I could’ve read in 5.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Some of us actually know how to read and prefer to do so instead of watching attention whores blather on for 30 mins about something I could’ve read in 5.
This! ^^^^

Reading is so much quicker. I only open videos when they are really compelling. And even then, about as often as not I will click back out of them before they finish their self-absorbed and tedious intros. Oftentimes a glance at the timer for the length of the thing is enough. The best videos for me are always the ones like this one in the OP where it's just flopped out there- no real description or thoughts from the poster, nothing in the way of a reason for the recommendation that I watch the thing, or even a clue as to how much of my day it would consume. Makes it really easy to scroll right on past.

Sure, I might miss some worthy content, but by avoiding the time thieves I get to keep my sanity- if only on the margins.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
This! ^^^^^^^^^^

Following:

This! ^^^^^^^^^^

You guys saved me a shitload of typing. Not knocking BB at all. Just the "go watch the video for an hour" is not my thing. And now I see I ain't alone in that.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Barnacle Bob,

You are awarded 10 demerit points for your callous disregard for other posters,
keep that chit up and your ass will be banned for a spell,

behave

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
Demerits, WTF is a demerit? You on your period again?

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Glad you asked,

It is a mgt decision, for persons of your status,
Wherein other measures must be employed to deal with improper behavior,

as stated, behave yourself or accept the consequences of your actions.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Demerits, WTF is a demerit? You on your period again?
That's a female blue tongue bear? Middle of winter he / she/ it/ they / them / whatever should be in hibernation!

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
So while this thread has been hijacked into a debate over Cathie Wood, who contributed less than 10% to it... China continues to collapse... the vid is well worth investigating.

The ‘Mother of All’ Supply Shocks Lurks in China’s Covid Crackdowns

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
So while this thread has been hijacked into a debate over Cathie Wood, who contributed less than 10% to it... China continues to collapse... the vid is well worth investigating.

The ‘Mother of All’ Supply Shocks Lurks in China’s Covid Crackdowns

do you think Cathy wood is hot?

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
you seem to be forgetting that chin li is taking over the world!

many here, and all across the web, article after article of chin li is going to be the grand pooh bah on this 3rd rock

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
you seem to be forgetting that chin li is taking over the world!

many here, and all across the web, article after article of chin li is going to be the grand pooh bah on this 3rd rock

I think this will happen within a few centuries. They continue to plant the seeds for this.

Random Fact: 18% of the world is already Han.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Frack no. And I'm not sure how people missed it most of her performance was due to Archegos. They had likely worked out some system and much of the leverage Archegos was using was to buy way OTM call options. You know, kinda like the apes but before anyone noticed and causing gamma squeezes that the "brilliant" KW just happened to own a bunch of stock.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score

Scorp & I were talking, I had to ask him who she was and what was her claim to fame... No I dont think she is hot either.

In the vid, it exhibits why the Chins are NOT the big economic, political or financial power that so many believe they are... they are mostly smoke n mirrors!

Goldhedge

Retired
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
only the slow authors are still using her name,
I must be slower than slow because I never heard of the gal... of course I'm no author either....

As for China, I think they're crashing along with the dollar. Asian markets are crashing because the error of cheap fiat money is over.

Chinese ship builder in Tianjin recently went belly up.

PUBLISHED OCT 13, 2021 3:09 PM BY THE MARITIME EXECUTIVE

One of China’s mid-sized shipbuilders, Tianjin Xingang Ship Heavy Industry, announced that it will stop all operations as of the end of October. The disbanding of the company comes despite the recent resurgence in shipbuilding orders and China’s overall leadership in the industry.

The Shanghai International Maritime Information Research Center reported that the shipyard is shutting down for the second time in its history due to heavy financial debts. They reported that insufficient profits from shipyard operations in recent years led to the decision to cease operations. The shipyard announced that it has discharged its labor contracts with employees and will stop all of its operations and production by the end of the month.

Tianjin Xinjiang had relocated its operations in 2017 focusing both on new ship construction up to 500,000 tons and ship repair for ships up to 300,000 tons. It had a capacity to build ships up to about 1,000 feet in length.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
Lot of hungry people in CHina. Raised the birth limit a few years back so they have plans for 15-20 years from now.
Also the rest of the world has lost manufacturing, equipment, knowledge, experience and a work ethic.

Stinger

Reaction score
If China has already collapsed can we get their puppet in the white house on a slow boat to China...then torpedo it over the Mariana Trench?
Kudos, you figured it out! Really, my compliments! First time I've seen this in print! And, all this time, I thought that I was the smartest person in the American public! Humph, guess not, now I've got some company! ;)

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Lot of hungry people in CHina. Raised the birth limit a few years back so they have plans for 15-20 years from now.
Also the rest of the world has lost manufacturing, equipment, knowledge, experience and a work ethic.

As a means of circumventing the tariff crap, many of the foreign owned or contracted companies were labelling their Chinese made product as being made in Vietnam. Since the beer virus shitshow, these companies have been progressively moving their manufacturing to Vietnam.

The CCP killed China with their one child policy and its ruthless enforcement. "Discarding" millions of girls when they were the first born made it worse and no amount of tinkering with "policy" will reverse the damage they caused.

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I lived in China twice. I have spent enough time, have looked at their culture, economy and society as a whole and their economy is a house of cards. Is it going to collapse tomorrow? Probably not. Are they on their way, I'm sure of it, just can't give you the exact time frame. A lot of it depends on how they will manipulate their currency and how long they will hold on to their non-Chinese assets.