• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Celebrity Crypto Destroys Itself (Are you brave enough to get ripped off?)

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
A major design aspect of crypto is to make that impossible. Transactions are cryptographically signed by the crypto owner at one end (often by an external hardware device) and cannot be modified by anyone along the line.
If the internet is down can you make transactions? Asking for a friend.

ds_mustang

Libertarian, Capitalist, Software guy
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
If the internet is down can you make transactions? Asking for a friend.
Right, online tech doesn't work without the "online." I agree with that. However the point we were discussing: that once the entire world will have "gone crypto" there would be centralized control of the population... I disagree with that.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Right, online tech doesn't work without the "online." I agree with that. However the point we were discussing: that once the entire world will have "gone crypto" there would be centralized control of the population... I disagree with that

"However, many consumers will find themselves picking between only a handful of providers. In urban areas, it is common to be limited to one cable provider and one DSL provider. In rural areas, Internet users are often stuck with DSL, satellite, or nothing at all."​

---------​

How Many Internet Service Providers are there in the US?​

There are currently 2862 Internet service providers in the United States:

• 902 DSL “Digital Subscriber Line” providers
  • 266 Copper providers (Business T1/T3 connections, etc)
  • 460 Cable companies
  • 1,566 Fiber Internet providers
  • 1,765 Fixed Wireless Broadband providers
  • 50 Mobile Broadband and LTE providers

Internet Companies in the USA​

As shown in the table above, there are thousands of Internet service providers, or “ISPs,” in the United States (not counting unlicensed wireless operators and local overbuilders).

However, many consumers will find themselves picking between only a handful of providers. In urban areas, it is common to be limited to one cable provider and one DSL provider. In rural areas, Internet users are often stuck with DSL, satellite, or nothing at all.

As of 2018, 25 Million Americans don’t have access to any broadband providers offering over 25 Mbps download speed. Even if you count wireless connections like satellite, there are still 14 Million consumers left without a robust home Internet service option

ds_mustang

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

"However, many consumers will find themselves picking between only a handful of providers. In urban areas, it is common to be limited to one cable provider and one DSL provider. In rural areas, Internet users are often stuck with DSL, satellite, or nothing at all."​

---------​

How Many Internet Service Providers are there in the US?​

There are currently 2862 Internet service providers in the United States:

• 902 DSL “Digital Subscriber Line” providers
  • 266 Copper providers (Business T1/T3 connections, etc)
  • 460 Cable companies
  • 1,566 Fiber Internet providers
  • 1,765 Fixed Wireless Broadband providers
  • 50 Mobile Broadband and LTE providers

Internet Companies in the USA​

As shown in the table above, there are thousands of Internet service providers, or “ISPs,” in the United States (not counting unlicensed wireless operators and local overbuilders).

However, many consumers will find themselves picking between only a handful of providers. In urban areas, it is common to be limited to one cable provider and one DSL provider. In rural areas, Internet users are often stuck with DSL, satellite, or nothing at all.

As of 2018, 25 Million Americans don’t have access to any broadband providers offering over 25 Mbps download speed. Even if you count wireless connections like satellite, there are still 14 Million consumers left without a robust home Internet service option

If they give block you from a provider, do your transactions at an internet café or library. They'll still be secure. It's not crypto that's the problem there, it's general limiting of freedom in the US. As an aside, if you think the US is becoming something like China, do something about it. The US is just one place in a world full of options.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
If they give block you from a provider, do your transactions at an internet café or library. They'll still be secure. It's not crypto that's the problem there, it's general limiting of freedom in the US. As an aside, if you think the US is becoming something like China, do something about it. The US is just one place in a world full of options.
Im trying to be subtle with my implications but I'm not here to convince anyone of anything relating to crypto stuff as long as you're happy I'm happy.

ds_mustang

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Im trying to be subtle with my implications but I'm not here to convince anyone of anything relating to crypto stuff as long as you're happy I'm happy.
I'm completely willing to be convinced crypto is mistake, no subtly needed. I want my beliefs challenged (and not just on crypto).

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I'm completely willing to be convinced crypto is mistake, no subtly needed. I want my beliefs challenged (and not just on crypto).
Just don't let your guard down is all I'm trying to say. :beer:

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
If it sounds too good to be true it normally is I would love to own a credit card company though and be able

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Yah which one

A red flag would be anyone asking for you to deposit your coin somewhere for an amount of time.

Or coins created by other than proof of work.

Last edited: