• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

CENSORSHIP RULES FACEBOOK USES ARE REVEALED

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
As long as facebook discloses the fact that they censor material on their platform, there's no reason why that should be subject to any oversight or regulation.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
As long as facebook discloses the fact that they censor material on their platform, there's no reason why that should be subject to any oversight or regulation.
Cigarettes and Tobacco Products have had disclaimers on their packaging for decades and it didn't stop the lawsuits but, I do agree with you

As Long As It's Disclosed, and since the word Monopoly entered into the conversation, how can one company that does one thing, provide a lounge for people to post their lives, regardless of what occurs with that information, how is that a monopoly?
It's not like FB owns Google Chat or GIM or anything else

FB certainly overstepped their own claims at 'security' by selling their customers information, they most certainly did, as long as people weren't informed about that occurring, and they need to be sued for that value they 'stole' but once it was disclosed, going forward, only rubes would still use the platform, and I'm certain that happens all the time

Oh yeah, FB should be sued by their advertisers for lying about the overall traffic that is generated on FB, that was a contractual lie, and is subject to the whims of the justice system, if anyone can find a good lawyer anymore

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I hooked up with an old GF and her daughter because of facebook.

Who do I sue?

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
It's not like FB owns Google Chat or GIM or anything else
Right. FaceBook is a corporation - not the government. FaceBook is not bound by the constitutional constraints which the government is.

The 1st Amendment prohibits government from violating an individual's right to Free Speech. It does NOT prohibit a corporation from violating an individual's right to Free Speech, so FaceBook is free to censor any (user) material which they deem unfit - for whatever reason.

Anyone uncomfortable with that should not use the platform.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Right. FaceBook is a corporation - not the government. FaceBook is not bound by the constitutional constraints which the government is.

The 1st Amendment prohibits government from violating an individual's right to Free Speech. It does NOT prohibit a corporation from violating an individual's right to Free Speech, so FaceBook is free to censor any (user) material which they deem unfit - for whatever reason.

Anyone uncomfortable with that should not use the platform.
BOOM!^^^

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
Pat Condell laments the progressive proclivity of facebook and other social media platforms.

I agree with Condell in principle, but the bottom line is that any corporation is free to limit free speech to their heart's desire - even with their employees. A corporation can even fire an employee for voicing political opinion(s) while at work.