• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe : Vanity Poll

Do you venture onto The Lunatic Fringe?

• I'm regular reader, everytime I visit GIM.

• I'm an occasional reader.

• I only read it if I trip over it in the latests posts.

• I rarely look at the thread.

• I never read it and I couldn't give a "rats arse" about T/A and economic BS!

• I'd be happy if management canned it!

• What Fringe?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I was having a discussion about the Lunatic Fringe and I said I thought that maybe 20 people read the thread on any sort of regular basis, but really I have no clue. So why not ask!

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I was having a discussion about the Lunatic Fringe and I said I thought that maybe 20 people read the thread on any sort of regular basis, but really I have no clue. So why not ask!
Kind of like the name of the board is "Gold is Money" but PMs constitute a very small % of the actual discussions.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Looks like 20 people have owned up to reading the thread regularly already in just the 10 hours since you posed the question.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Many days the Fringe is the only thread on GIM I read. Has to be the best thread out there on the net.
Hey Davy,

If that is the case, and we only have a readership in the 20 to say 50 range, what does that say about the potential in this market. We are truly mavericks in the investment wilderness, for many years it has been us and the tumble weed! This place will go to the dogs when Joe public get into it, but when that happens it will be a sign that its time to move on.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Hmmmmmm.... I think Ax voted ----> both his handles!

LOL.

Cheers old mate, the place wouldn't be the same without you.

Bet you can't even remember why now.... {chuckle}.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Hey Davy,

If that is the case, and we only have a readership in the 20 to say 50 range, what does that say about the potential in this market. We are truly mavericks in the investment wilderness, for many years it has been us and the tumble weed! This place will go to the dogs when Joe public get into it, but when that happens it will be a sign that its time to move on.
Phase 1 - they show up.
Phase 2 - they bring their friends/family.
Phase 3 - they start asking if they should mortgage their house to buy silver.
Phase 4 - you sell them the silver they mortgaged their house for.
Phase 5 - you buy back the silver they mortgaged their house for after a typical 40-60% correction in silver.
Phase 6 - rinse and repeat...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I don't read the thread every time, but probably every other day, so you really needed another option.
Occasional is fine for that, I just wanted to get an idea. I/we had guessed about right, it really is only a handful of people. Amazing when you consider the number of folk out there on stock boards etc posting away about TSLA, FANG stocks and the like. I have to remind myself just how niche the gold market is as far as private investors go!

One day this board will be overrun with Johnny come lately experts and you lot will be called the crazy old goldbugs that 'don't get it' anymore... it will get a bit off the wall around here before this is done. Look @ the gold price now and it's a hell of a lot calmer than it was just a handful of years ago!

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
We are already starting to see fresh faces around the site...a few new ones - many that were here in 2011 and then disappeared -and now they are coming back...

As we progress - we will see a lot of new faces with recent join dates...

Maybe you should poll sentiment every month or 2 - not so much to judge the sentiment (better ways to do that) - but to track the number of responses instead...

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member
I'm kidding. I know this place also has the "jews control the world," "the earth is flat," and "we hate blacks" threads, I just don't visit that part of this forum.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It's about all I do here. Hell, I didn't even see this poll thread, but by accident.