• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Gold COT

Funds long again for the first time since june. Commercials increase their short position to its highest level since july

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Each time SPX dropped over -17% in fourth quarter: 2018 Financial Crisis, 2008 Financial Crisis, 1987 Black Monday, 1929-1937 Great Depression
Will history repeat..?

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Low then, at 2800 now as expected

Highly controlled and predictable thus far during the drop....zero panic at all. See if it continues

That's a hit. I even posted that bounce from 2600 to 2800 and wiggle from 2600 to 2700 on the way down. Wouldn't be short now.

Last edited:

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I closed all positions but one on Friday so I’m sure this will be over with when the markets open.

My speculation is that many people have sold their short positions on Friday assuming that there is some kind of Santa rally on low volume. Selling shorts was supposed to help full the rally on Friday and apparently NOT! I am just going enjoy watching the fireworks and hold my gold positions.

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
You rag tag band of old reprobates! ... oh, and chartists as well.

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My speculation is that many people have sold their short positions on Friday assuming that there is some kind of Santa rally on low volume. Selling shorts was supposed to help full the rally on Friday and apparently NOT! I am just going enjoy watching the fireworks and hold my gold positions.
Short term money should really be out for Christmas.

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Gold Daily - Channel seems to be being respected. Testing 1233 with a close near 1240 coming up?

Screenshot from 2018-12-23 13-14-37.png

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Just for fun...Some projections should the current speed of the market roughly hold.
Seems hard not to anticipate a fair degree of chaos in the markets for the upcoming year. The early seismic rumblings of American politics is just getting started as we prepare for a divided congress and a full scale battle in 2020. In the meantime the economic bloom is off the post 2016 election rose and I see a lot of 'fake news' being employed to cover for what has been crappy policy for years, going forward. I think it is about to get real...

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
To be honest, it doesn't look good for the metals and miners right now. We had a fair rally over the past couple months, and it's looking like its ran it's course for now. It looks like it's heavily correlated inversely with the general stock market. If the markets continue south, I think the rally in the metals could continue. Otherwise, as we stand, the metals look bearish.

FSM struggling at 50-DMA, steady volume increase:
FSM.png

MAG struggling at 50-DMA, steady volume increase:
MAG.png

GDX contained by 200 DMA
GDX.png

Gold got above its 200-DMA, but can it hold? Indicators are overbought. Support at $1240
gold.png

Silver contained by its resistance at $14.80-14.90. Indicators are now overbought:
silver.png

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
KWN Broadcast Michael Oliver .... Interesting.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Top Trump official calls bankers, will convene 'Plunge Protection Team'
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump’s Treasury secretary called top U.S. bankers on Sunday amid an ongoing rout on Wall Street and made plans to convene a group of officials known as the “Plunge Protection Team.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-convene-plunge-protection-team-idUSKCN1OM0LJ
HISTORY

Panic of 1907 JP Morgan held a meeting of the country’s top bankers/financiers at his New York City home and convinced them to bailout various insolvent/failing financial institutions in order to stabilize the stock markets.

1998 LTCM 14 banks and brokerage firms invested $3,600,000,000 billion in LTCM to prevent the hedge fund’s collapse. The arrangement was facilitated by the Fed, though the Fed did not lend any of its own funds.

2008 Panic Paulson & Bernanke sponsored a weekend negotiation with the nation's top bankers to salvage investment bank Lehman Bros.

IMG_20181223_220317.jpg

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Stocks slump on Christmas Eve; S&P 500 nears bear market

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
DEC 24, 2018

U.S. stocks fell sharply Monday, sending the Dow Jones industrial average down about 650 points and throwing the Standard & Poor’s 500 index almost into a bear market. That deepened the market's losses after its worst week in more than seven years.

Healthcare, technology and industrial stocks took some of the heaviest losses in the broad sell-off, which followed news that Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin called the chief executives of six major banks Sunday in an apparent attempt to stabilize jittery markets.

Trading was choppy and volume was low during a shortened trading session ahead of Tuesday’s Christmas holiday.
The Standard & Poor’s 500 index sank about 2.7% to about 2,351 points. The Dow dropped about 2.9% to about 21,792. The Nasdaq skidded about 2.2% to about 6,192.

The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.74%.

Unless stocks make huge gains in the next week, this will be the worst December for stocks since 1931.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
sent this to my leftist brother who is 'concerned' Trump economy is tanking...
Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 11.58.29 AM.png

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
sent this to my leftist brother who is 'concerned' Trump economy is tanking...
View attachment 119966
Explain to him US is no longer a leading indicator due to emerging markets taking over such a high % of global GDP. Trump economy tanked long time ago, just takes time to hit data.

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The stock market went up like a rocket ship despite multiple horrifying terror attacks, North Korea nuclear tests, and hundreds of geopolitical events in 2016-2017. This isn’t about tariffs on 00.70% of trade. Liquidity, interest rates, oil.

#ponzi scheme
#punch bowl removed

Last night I mapped out roughly what the pattern appears to be on the monthly chart. Even if it corrects, say 20% early next year. The monthly candles still add up to around this time 2018. That's where it points currently as far as the massive, nothing to hold it up, plunge.
Plus this, Sept 2018 top... just sayin'

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
S&P DSI hits 4. The last 3 times it got this low were Jan 2016, Aug 2015, and Mar 2009. "4" is the lowest level in almost 10 years

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Explain to him US is no longer a leading indicator due to emerging markets taking over such a high % of global GDP. Trump economy tanked long time ago, just takes time to hit data.
But is it "Trump's" economy, or the end of Obama's QE goosing and Trump just took over and isn't goosing?

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
during his campaign, Trump warned the stock markets were “a big bubble” created artificially by the Fed’s low interest rate manipulation.

now, people actually fall for this whole script/playwright of him attacking the Fed as crazy for raising interest rates and deflating that same bubble he called? Pure comedy.

False narrative, "theater with a purpose".

Last edited: