• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

louky,

there something that strikes a cord with the facts on the spreadsheet. Recession, then New Lower Lows, Low Retested. ONLY IF, if China and USA resolve the trade talks, there is a remote chance that it ends up as a higher low, a first??? The recession or actual bear market probably started in Jan 2018. What if Oct 31 and Dec 24th are the days that determine ending the recession? That's something that I don't think anyone would know.

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
How much of this do you think is positioning? Set up a crisis any crisi Drop the first part of the year then funds buy in to make their returns look better.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
An hourly chart of silver. We are right on critical support at 15.60 area. It briefly slipped underneath earlier today, but recovered. At this point, it's looking like the support line will break very soon. Short term trade on the break of support, to the short side. As long as the pullback stays above the breakout area of 14.90, we are good.
Miners have been signaling weakness, so I bought some GLD puts as a protective short term trade.
silver.png

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
wdnesday was the 9th straight day that SPX closed higher than it officially opened. the last 5 times this happened, going back to 1996, the index was red the 10th (next) day

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Quick look at the miners to gold ratio. The performance of the miners over the past few months during the gold rally has been pathetic. They've barely been keeping up with the move in gold.
gdx-gold.png

The big picture: A 5-year view of the miners/gold ratio. You can clearly see that we are still in a consolidation move from the 2016 highs. The bull market fireworks clearly haven't begun yet. I show this chart to allow you to see where we stand currently, not as a prediction of more sideways movement.

minerslongterm.png

Last edited:

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Quick look at silver. A very simple view on the action going forward.
Silver had a clear breakout at 14.90 in late December. We should have a pullback to consolidate the gains, and possibly retest the breakout level before continuing higher. $15.25 is the first support zone for the pullback.
Also important is the downtrend line from the 2016 highs. The good news is that silver doesn't have much higher to go before it breaks that downtrend line. Currently around $16ish depending on how you draw the line. (See big picture view)
silver.png

Big picture view of silver below. Daily chart starting mid-2016. It will likely be testing the downtrend line soon.

Silverbigview.png

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Silver had a clear breakout at 14.90 in late December. We should have a pullback to consolidate the gains, and possibly retest the breakout level before continuing higher. $15.25 is the first support zone for the pullback.
Also important is the downtrend line from the 2016 highs. The good news is that silver doesn't have much higher to go before it breaks that downtrend line. Currently around $16ish depending on how you draw the line. (See big picture view)
View attachment 122446

Big picture view of silver below. Daily chart starting mid-2016. It will likely be testing the downtrend line soon.

View attachment 122447
Looks like it's forming a classic bull pennant to me.

On Netflix: "The company also reported free cash flow burn of negative $1.3 billion for the quarter, bringing total outflow to $3 billion for the year. Netflix executives expect cash burn to be similar in 2019 before improving." With a stock price that high, I can imagine they would want to sell some stock to pay down that. I think they only need to sell 8.5 million shares to make up for that $1.3 billion.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Looks to me that silver has once again borne the brunt of classic short selling market suppression. Each time there is a beat down silver leads the way. The market is smaller and thus easier to push around than gold. So far the precious metals markets don’t really seem to be having any of it. It is either going to have to take a colossal punch on the part of the big boys to break back down through support, or else they will let the submerged beach ball rise up and shoot through resistance. We c...
:popcorn:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
On Netflix: "The company also reported free cash flow burn of negative $1.3 billion for the quarter, bringing total outflow to $3 billion for the year. Netflix executives expect cash burn to be similar in 2019 before improving." With a stock price that high, I can imagine they would want to sell some stock to pay down that. I think they only need to sell 8.5 million shares to make up for that $1.3 billion.
Crash it lol

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Cash burn that a jnr goldie would be proud of! LOL

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Spot the gold buyer...

Got my foot in the door, but tired of waiting for the “big one” to start...

Thinking of getting in with the crowd on the left.... I may need intervention!

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Gold is getting wound pretty tight. I think it's gonna break very soon. Above 1296/1300 we are heading higher. Below 1287 and we head lower.
Silver already broke it's support, so my inclination would be that gold follows it lower. But the market will tell us...

gold.png

Another view of the hourly chart:

gold.png

Last edited:

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
To support a Bull perspective:
GDXJ has formed a picture perfect "W" formation, or double bottom. Should stay above $30; below that and it negates it.
GDXj.png

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Got my foot in the door, but tired of waiting for the “big one” to start...

Thinking of getting in with the crowd on the left.... I may need intervention!
David Morgan :- The silver market will wear you out or scare you out before it goes.

Gold ditto...

I try and keep that in mind when it gets tough.

Yes an intervention with a bottle of JD, goldbug style! LOL.

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Gold hourly looks like a bull flag to me...