• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Need to drink more beer to get that AL output back up!

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Fed tells market they may stop rates and reduction of their balance sheet (qe)

Market loves it, gonna go parabolic

Now take 30 seconds and ask yourself, if economy is GOAT and fully recovered from 08.....why can't fed normalize rates and balance sheet?
Fed pause has proven bearish in the past

IMG_20190127_001100.jpg

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Just talk so far, still 50 bil in liquidity coming out in jan (38 bil left to go) and another 43 billion scheduled by feb 15th. That's potentially 81 bil between now and then

IMG_20190127_084234.jpg

IMG_20190127_084831.jpg

Why should you care?

Well, look at chart above showing fed balance sheet reduction since jan 2018. Now realize that NYSE has made no new highs for 1 year.

NYSE is 1900+ stocks, not 30 like the dow. It topped out in jan 18 with global growth.

IMG_20190127_085204.jpg

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
TRX - rumor is the dollar has tanked,

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 2.19.47 PM.png

but the DXY chart is a yawn...

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 2.22.42 PM.png

5 yr with R line. Accurate? or should I have included 2014 ?

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 2.25.25 PM.png

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
I did a little research and sounds like TRX is jumping due to them resuming their drilling program in order to expand their resource. Also, Clive Maund has recommended this one, so people may be jumping in all at once due to that.
Regardless, I bought a position at .38 several months ago, with a target in the $3 area. Kinda wish I'd bought a larger position now!

TRX - rumor is the dollar has tanked,

View attachment 123105

but the DXY chart is a yawn...

View attachment 123106

5 yr with R line. Accurate? or should I have included 2014 ?

View attachment 123107

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Beat down coming?! That headline coming from CNBC scares me more than any Harry Dent forecast ever could.
Possibly...

... however...

...one day, when Wall St is ready they will start to enlist the media to drive price higher and into a mania which they will sell.

Silver on it's way to $48 got good media exposure down here, given that a few short months before it was dead/ignored etc... they could even be assed to hate it!

... or it could be pump and dump.

That however is not so normal for gold because of the extended futures position/leverage. Too much interest would cause a problem, normally a price run in gold is sufficient all by itself to get enough new blood into the game.

I dunno...

...but yes CNBC = irksome, much happier being a little bit ignored.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I did a little research and sounds like TRX is jumping due to them resuming their drilling program in order to expand their resource. Also, Clive Maund has recommended this one, so people may be jumping in all at once due to that.
Regardless, I bought a position at .38 several months ago, with a target in the $3 area. Kinda wish I'd bought a larger position now!
Yeah, I have some TRX as well, have for years. I'm not one to 'chase' a stock...

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good luck with TRX! I bought at .35 when Goldhedge posted Maund article. I sold at 0.55 today because all I can figure is that the article was making it go up. My best guess is it can be bought cheeper soon. Not sure the gold bull is yet upon us.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
What many folks don’t know is TRX has gold, lots of gold.

It is in raw form (if I understand it correctly) and unprocessed. Only processed gold is taxed by Tanzania (where the mine is).

When the time is right it will be processed. They're sitting on tons.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
I bought it as a long term core position. It has good potential, with the only downside being the Tanzanian government.
Sinclair has preached dividends dividends dividends since 2000. I think shareholders will profit nicely from this one once it finally gets fully operational and the resource based is explored more fully.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Seeing broader strength across my stocks today. Buying was much more even across the portfolio. Subtle change, probably a positive one.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
1455 POG?

Next big target.

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I bought it as a long term core position. It has good potential, with the only downside being the Tanzanian government.
Sinclair has done a good job of being respectful to the Tanzanian government and people. The deal he struck with the govt was more than fair by current standards. I view that as him being prescient to the changing times as well as a core decency to treat other people with respect.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Seeing broader strength across my stocks today. Buying was much more even across the portfolio. Subtle change, probably a positive one.
Metals moving into strength here in the early going as well. Many of my miners were showing good momentum yesterday. I would expect more of the same if PMs keep leading the way today.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Last edited:

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
I've noticed long dated call options aren't following this rally in the mining shares as sharply as they should over the past few days. They have barely moved over the past few days despite a steady bold rally in the shares. Doesn't seem like a good sign.

Thinking ahead, I think we need some real meat coming out of the fed meeting tomorrow for this gold rally to continue in the short term. Either no more rate hikes, or some sort of real cessation of tightening. This rally has been fueled by mere speculation from a WSJ article. Tomorrow is when speculation meets reality. Should be an important day I think for the short term action in gold.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The formula for the valuation of the World Currency Unit has been revised since 2008 so that the GDP weights are now revised every year. While still retaining the meaning of a unit of global real purchasing power, the WCU can now be interpreted as a GDP-weighted basket of currencies, each indexed against domestic inflation. The GDP-weighted basket of currencies has now formed the basis for a new formula for the effective exchange rate.

The nominal value of this unit would rise with inflation in each economy. Moreover, the nominal value of this unit would rise if other currencies represented in the basket appreciate against the US dollar. Savers purchasing such bonds would not only enjoy protection against inflation, but would benefit from the diversification of exchange risks.

The WCU could be used for the pricing of commodities such as oil, precious metals, and agricultural products, which are typically quoted in US dollars. Of course, historical prices of commodities quoted in US dollars could also be converted into prices in WCUs to provide indications on trends in the real prices of these commodities.