• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I mean just look back few pages. As soon as i noticed we were cleared for lift off, I said 1359. Straight to it. Pretty much everyone was calling for gold dump, every gold blog and chart reader. We rode up and sold 2 bucks short of the high, 1362. The boxes are all that really matters.
Yep

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
If today closes red, maybe signal of first pullback since Christmas bottom. "Normal" corrections are 2-3%.
I'll add this - the method I use was telling me the top was put in yesterday. I don't know how deep the pullback will be, but this signal is normally good for several weeks - months. Some stocks I've gotten this signal in the past has given a 50% pullback. I'm not suggesting it for the general markets, I'm just saying how deep of a pullback is pretty unpredictable, but the signal is pretty reliable.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I'll add this - the method I use was telling me the top was put in yesterday. I don't know how deep the pullback will be, but this signal is normally good for several weeks - months. Some stocks I've gotten this signal in the past has given a 50% pullback. I'm not suggesting it for the general markets, I'm just saying how deep of a pullback is pretty unpredictable, but the signal is pretty reliable.
Time for sdow?

We don't know if it is a pullback, a retest of the low, or bottoming out of 17,800+ Dow, that was when Trump was elected. Can someone shed light on Feds balance sheet? Did the Feds withdraw any more money or stalled? We haven't had a true capitulation, last Dec had some features of a capitulation, I can't rule out if that was the one. There are still some companies out there that are called inflated tube man, like in this one: https://www.lookourway.com/air-dancers-inflatable-tube-man-red/

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sounds doable :)

IMG_20190207_204714.jpg

Last edited:

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
For what it's worth, biotech had the clearest signal, though that doesn't mean it will decline the most. Just was more obvious.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
So trade talks failed was news yesterday after month long hype from trump about how it was a done deal. Now today, fed press releases that they're considering permanent QE to infinity.

Screenshot_20190208-172137_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Ocean Shipping Rates Plunge: Just A Blip Or The End Of Globalization?
BY JOHN RUBINO ◆ FEBRUARY 9, 2019

The Baltic Dry Index represents the cost of renting an ocean-going container ship to move goods from, say, Chinese factories to the Port of Los Angeles. The more stuff being made and sold, the higher the demand for such ships, and thus the higher the price to rent one. And vice versa.

This is definitely one of the vice versa times. After rising to robust levels in mid-2018 the Baltic Dry Index has since plunged by about two-thirds.

Here’s a brief article on the subject from today’s Wall Street Journal:

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Silver jan 8th CoT, funds continued piling into longs while banks and commercials racing to add shorts
Makes me wonder if this gold run will make it all the way to 1360 or not. Definitely have some bad signs showing up.
Overall, this consolidation over the past few days seems bullish, but it can turn bearish pretty quick.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Isn't it ironic we always get here and get back so many times...

My guess is that we do push through $1,370 ish and onward to $1,400
then a fight to $1,450 and past $1,500. After that a hell of a push past
$1,815 of yesteryears' past. Then on to the top of Eric Jordan's book
MODERN COMMEMORATIVE COINS pages 76 & 77... Read each word...
Then next page FOLLOWING DISPOSABLE INCOMES in lockstep...

I am going along with the other markets and several other things such as
Gold rattling from all the BRICs & Associates... DYODD

I Like it that you are scared I am always scared... THIS WEEK and NEXT should tell...
I love it when the months ends on HIGHER HIGHERS...

If I am right and we hit $3,000 to $5,000 before Major FOUR down. Grap some profits and
buy your loved ones a new car or such NO DEBT MIND YOU - cash out or trade a few coins
even STEVEN... LOL

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Weekly chart of the SPY. Hesitation last week when it hit the 50-week moving average.
The 50-week average has been pretty reliable in the past seperating between bull and bear moves.
spyweekly.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Amazon credit card "interest" calling market top
Does this mean folks are paying off their cards and not paying interest??

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Swiss Franc Flash Crashes

02/10/2019

One month after various Yen, Lira and Pound cross flash-crashed in the aftermath of Apple's shocking guidance cut, moments ago the Swiss franc was the latest currency to flash crash when the haven currency sold off sharply against dollar and yen and euro just after 5pm EDT, as dealers took advantage of the non-existent holiday liquidity (japan is closed) to execute a stop-loss run, according to Asia-based FX traders quoted by Bloomberg.

As a result, the USD/CHF soared as much as 0.9% to 1.0096 before paring move to be up 0.4% at 1.0045; the CHFJPY slumped 0.4% to 109.22 while the EURCHF surged as much as 1.14081 before paring gains.

However, as so often happens, moments after the initial crash, BTFDers emerged and all of the pairs are now stronger on the day, as the pile up extends this time to the opposite direction.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019...D6xvINH377rpYwldxxNtgtn_CXq8djMXxj3aKQpvK7iKs

PPLT bottom of long term trendline. I'm long

Attachments

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
PPLT bottom of long term trendline. I'm long
Platinum continues to get absolutely monkey hammered. Gold to platinum ratio at or nearing generational high. In fact, if current trends continue two oz of platinum will soon be trading for one oz of palladium!

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Just got this in an email. Anyone here subscribe to Clive Maund??

TANZANIAN ROYALTY EXPLORATION BUYBACK ALERT -
now augmented with charts...

originally published Friday, February 08, 2019
by Clive Maund

Further to the email alert just sent out, the half position in Tanzanian Royalty that we sold at the top for a big profit over a week ago should be BOUGHT BACK IMMEDIATELY- the volume pattern suggests that a bull Flag / Pennant is completing and that another strong upleg may be imminent. The email alert read as follows...

"Tanzanian Royalty Exploration buyback alert Volume pattern is typical of a bull Flag / Pennant, so the half position that we sold at the top at about $0.63 (C$0.84) should now be bought back ASAP - prices now at about $0.546, C$0.74. Brief update with chart later." Here is the 3-month chart for the time when the alert was sent out at just after 3.00 EST...

And he is the chart for the close of trading yesterday, showing that it ended the day with a 14.2% gain...

And it would appear that it was your buying that caused almost all of yesterday's gain during the last hour of trading, as is clear from the following 1-day intraday chart, which shows all price and volume action in detail during the day...

While many of you got this message in time, as evidenced by the action of the past hour, I was dismayed to learn that some of you didn't, as a result of using gmail. The point has been raised before that gmail is simply hopeless for our purposes and should be abandoned in favor of a
service that undertakes to route mails through in a timely manner. With respect to this I received the following insightful mail from a subscriber (many thanks Mac)...

Because I now have two email accounts, GMAIL and YAHOO, we can compare the efficiency. This message was received by my Yahoo account at 3:01 pm EST in a timely fashion to make
the trade.

This message came in on GMAIL at 7:53 pm EST, after markets close

RECOMMENDATION

You might want to consider opening a Yahoo Mail account and recommend it to your subscribers, or at least pick one or two of them to add the Yahoo acct and then compare to see if they got the same results that I did. Notify them and then send them the two emails and ask what time they received them.

So there you have it - the solution to this problem has been set out.

Finally it is important to note that although yesterday's action was certainly bullish, it does not necessarily mean that Tanzanian Royalty is starting its next run now - the Flag may not yet be complete and it may zigzag around within it for a while longer yet before the next upleg starts, in which case we might need to adjust its upper boundary slightly. That said there is a fair chance that yesterday's move does indeed mark the start of the next upleg.

Tanzanian Royalty website

Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation, TRX, TNX.TSX, closed at $0.61, C$0.80 on 8th February 19.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Interesting. Metals getting hammered on a continued stronger dollar currently. Will be interesting to see what the GDX/HUI do.
Flat but green today. We seem solid enough for the moment.

When the markets are strong, then the Feds prop the dollar. I think they found a formula to destroy gold holdings. They have so much power to manipulate anything that they want to do.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Just got this in an email. Anyone here subscribe to Clive Maund??

TANZANIAN ROYALTY EXPLORATION BUYBACK ALERT -
now augmented with charts...

originally published Friday, February 08, 2019
by Clive Maund

Further to the email alert just sent out, the half position in Tanzanian Royalty that we sold at the top for a big profit over a week ago should be BOUGHT BACK IMMEDIATELY- the volume pattern suggests that a bull Flag / Pennant is completing and that another strong upleg may be imminent. The email alert read as follows...

"Tanzanian Royalty Exploration buyback alert Volume pattern is typical of a bull Flag / Pennant, so the half position that we sold at the top at about $0.63 (C$0.84) should now be bought back ASAP - prices now at about $0.546, C$0.74. Brief update with chart later." Here is the 3-month chart for the time when the alert was sent out at just after 3.00 EST...

And he is the chart for the close of trading yesterday, showing that it ended the day with a 14.2% gain...

And it would appear that it was your buying that caused almost all of yesterday's gain during the last hour of trading, as is clear from the following 1-day intraday chart, which shows all price and volume action in detail during the day...

While many of you got this message in time, as evidenced by the action of the past hour, I was dismayed to learn that some of you didn't, as a result of using gmail. The point has been raised before that gmail is simply hopeless for our purposes and should be abandoned in favor of a
service that undertakes to route mails through in a timely manner. With respect to this I received the following insightful mail from a subscriber (many thanks Mac)...

Because I now have two email accounts, GMAIL and YAHOO, we can compare the efficiency. This message was received by my Yahoo account at 3:01 pm EST in a timely fashion to make
the trade.

This message came in on GMAIL at 7:53 pm EST, after markets close

RECOMMENDATION

You might want to consider opening a Yahoo Mail account and recommend it to your subscribers, or at least pick one or two of them to add the Yahoo acct and then compare to see if they got the same results that I did. Notify them and then send them the two emails and ask what time they received them.

So there you have it - the solution to this problem has been set out.

Finally it is important to note that although yesterday's action was certainly bullish, it does not necessarily mean that Tanzanian Royalty is starting its next run now - the Flag may not yet be complete and it may zigzag around within it for a while longer yet before the next upleg starts, in which case we might need to adjust its upper boundary slightly. That said there is a fair chance that yesterday's move does indeed mark the start of the next upleg.

Tanzanian Royalty website

Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation, TRX, TNX.TSX, closed at $0.61, C$0.80 on 8th February 19.
Sorry I duped your post, brain fart... scattered focus at the moment. Life is hectic on a few fronts.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
PS> Solid green down here today with the ASX goldies... + ~6.5% on average.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter