• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Wifey was a little shocked today when I turned in my numbers. I was telling her the thing with this is we have not even got going properly, gold stocks are still pretty much the red headed step child of the market. When this runs hard it should be stellar.
Man, I have been waiting a long time to show those close to me that on a financial level I don't have my head up my arse.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
PS> Solid green down here today with the ASX goldies... + ~6.5% on average.
I wouldn't mind a little piece of that kind of action up here. Premarket metals action looking mighty tepid at the moment.:don't know:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
PPLT bottom of long term trendline. I'm long
Platinum continues to get absolutely monkey hammered. Gold to platinum ratio at or nearing generational high. In fact, if current trends continue two oz of platinum will soon be trading for one oz of palladium!
Screenshot_20190213-103223_NetDania_2.png

Magic 8 ball told me platinum needs to make one more bottom before crossing this trend line

I should also mention 2003 called and said it's prices are coming back
Just carving out that obvious bottom that was coming since years and years ago

Last edited:

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Action in the miners today looked a bit bearish. There's a chance we are setting up to take a tumble.
Also, silver fell through short term support.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
All I know for sure is 1278 in focus, 1305 historical pivot above and 1318ish-1322ish is big fib zone of current moves

1318 Close = 76.4% of 1360 to 1184 on a closing basis.

1318 = 76.4% of 2016 High at 1377 to December 2016 low of 1124.

1322 = 76.4% of 1369 to 1167 on an intraday basis
Daily candles
Screenshot_20190213-175347_NetDania.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Sorry I duped your post, brain fart... scattered focus at the moment. Life is hectic on a few fronts.
No problem Z

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Man, I have been waiting a long time to show those close to me that on a financial level I don't have my head up my arse.
I know the feeling. It's easy to understand how the herd dynamic works against you once you have invested in gold. The really hard bit will be selling when it's all going swimmingly well, there will be 1000 reason to own it then and it will still be a bad idea. I'm resigned to being the social black sheep re investment.

Anywhooooo.... giving back today. ~ 1.5%

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Stocks Tumble Into European Close After Rubio Buyback-Tax Bill Tweet

by Tyler Durden
Wed, 02/13/2019 - 11:36

As the European close loomed, Marco Rubio doubled-down on his anti-buyback rhetoric from yesterday, tweeting that he will soon be filing a bill to change the taxable status of the only thing that is keeping stocks afloat...

As one would expect, US equities tumbled...

Erasing the opening ramp and overnight gains...

If buybacks are removed - who will BTFD?

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Stocks Tumble Into European Close After Rubio Buyback-Tax Bill Tweet

by Tyler Durden
Wed, 02/13/2019 - 11:36

As the European close loomed, Marco Rubio doubled-down on his anti-buyback rhetoric from yesterday, tweeting that he will soon be filing a bill to change the taxable status of the only thing that is keeping stocks afloat...

As one would expect, US equities tumbled...
Right. why wouldn't they tumble when someone with power speaks the truth and shines a light on the pile of rubble they are elevated on.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What does BTFD mean??
As a mod it is incumbent upon you to be up on certain "things"...

Such as....

lol
btfd
bteotfwd
stfr
omg
roflmao

If you arent aware of these things - how can you ensure the safety of this forum against us being attacked by muslim terrorists disguised as trannys?

/sarc

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
US Retail Sales Collapse In December: Biggest Drop In A Decade

by Tyler Durden
Thu, 02/14/2019

While Bank of America had warned investors to brace for a dismal retail spending print in January, expectations remained positive (albeit just a 0.1% MoM move) for December's (delayed due to shutdown) official spending data today. As a reminder, on Tuesday we reported that retail sales ex-autos, as measured by the aggregated BAC credit and debit card data, tumbled 0.3% month-over-month seasonally adjusted in January - the biggest drop in three years. This followed a flat reading in retail sales ex-autos in December.

Turning to the January BAC internal data, in January, spending for 4 out of 14 sectors increased in the month, showing broad-based weakening.

As a reminder, Retail Sales for the Control Group soared in November (+0.9% MoM) so some slowdown was expected; but, the government's official retail spending data for December confirmed BofA's concerns and plunged...

That is the biggest MoM drop in retail sales since 2009 for the headline and the biggest drop in the control group since the 9/11 attacks in 2001!...

Which sent the Year-over-year retail sales data reeling...

“These numbers are horrible,” said Ward McCarthy, chief financial economist at Jefferies LLC.​
“It appears to contrast quite sharply with reports of Christmastime sales that were generally seen as quite healthy,” and for the Fed, “rate normalization is on the back burner for a long time to come.”​

This is the worst December retail sales print since 2008 (and 2nd worst in history)...

The disaster was broad-based...

But most notably, December online internet sales (non-store retailers) tumbled 3.9% MoM - the biggest drop ever

(oddly with Amazon claiming record holiday sales for the same month).

Needless to say, this will be a disaster for Q4 GDP forecasts which we now expect to print in the low 1% range.

BofA remains pessimistic:

"While there are a number of special factors that skew the data, the softening of late has revealed the weakest trend for consumer spending since mid-2016."
And finally, we guarantee the words "pent up demand" will be uttered today on CNBC as the latest excuse for why the US consumer is crushed.

stAGgering

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
10:00 - 16:16 is Chart Talk.

0:00 - 10:00 is reality check or recognition of disconnected.
16:16 on is promo talk.

Gold down $200.00 ?! ! !
"It's gonna look a lot like Christmas !"
Just show me the $1150 I have been expecting since...

Last edited:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I don't think that we are long term over bought enough for $200 down... the monthly isn't that extended.

Anything can happen but the tech setup suggests that is less probable.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I don't think that we are long term over bought enough for $200 down... the monthly isn't that extended.

What's our best guess for POG??

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
This is warning GDP about to decline. Unless there's a policy change with the fed, about to be a "catch down" moment back to preelection trump policy pump

Goldman, industrial etf, caterpiller vs real rates

Fed is reactive, louky is forward looking

Powell capitulation, just before fed data revisions start pooring in from .gov shutdown, which the sole purpose of was to delay data even further. Who knew

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
10:00 - 16:16 is Chart Talk.

0:00 - 10:00 is reality check or recognition of disconnected.
16:16 on is promo talk.

Gold down $200.00 ?! ! !
"It's gonna look a lot like Christmas !"
Just show me the $1150 I have been expecting since...

Anything is possible. Guy in the video said at april 2018 exact top that breakout above 2016 highs was a "forgone conclusion", yet it fell continuously to 1160's instead. Down $200 from the week/day he released the video.

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
IMG_20190215_081416.jpg

Garbage economy lol..receipts dont fall continuously when it's growing...so amusing that people were believing the headline data 6 months ago (+two fake shutdown months) and the parrot on tweeter

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Pretty bullish action so far today in the metals and miners. Appear to be breaking out of their recent consolidation. Need to pass the previous highs to confirm, but so far so good...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
We dont jump in until after it goes up a lot. You know...to be safe and all.

I have heard that an RSI over 80 is ideal for an all in move as that is when the rockets are firing on all cylinders...