• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I should just move to Australia. I'd probably be stinking rich by now, holding the Aussie miners! :p
:D

Could be...

I can't complain.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
BTW... softening into the closing hours. Red for now...

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Slightly dated Faber fix... $4000 POG. Closer to my expectation than most BTW.

40:10 for gold.

Last edited:

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Back up the truck... but make sure you have enough air in the tires first!:inspector:
Odd situation, supply constricted with specific demand exploding against a looming recession. Dr Copper will be wrong if this plays as they think it will.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Current set-up in gold is looking bearish. If it plays out, it's targeting Louky's 1251.
Of course, it would be negated if it rises back above the resistance line (formerly support).

View attachment 130584

Hmmmmm.... I see a falling wedge.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Zed's view?
Bullish argument. Take your pick given the setup posted below and the one posted above: Bullish or bearish?
View attachment 130605
We are ripe for a move tomorrow what with fedspeak to blame it on. I am going to cast my lot with the bullish/falling wedge view. (this means all hands should immediately prepare for a deep and sustained plunge.);)

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
We are ripe for a move tomorrow what with fedspeak to blame it on. I am going to cast my lot with the bullish/falling wedge view. (this means all hands should immediately prepare for a deep and sustained plunge.);)
Yeah mebe.

However, it might already be baked in this cake.

My gold stocks are calm, rightly or wrong.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
PMs all down somewhat this am despite weaker dollar. Silver:gold ratio up to a high for the move this morning...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Understanding the Yield Curve

The yield curve allows fixed-income investors to compare similar Treasury investments with different maturity dates as a means to balance risk and return. Learn how to calculate the yield curve, identify its different shapes, and explain what these shapes mean.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Sell in May and go away. Summer doldrums right around the corner. :(
I concur with Cigarlover and others. I know nothing, but a cursory review of the charts with the summer doldrums in mind, we very likely could see sub-$14 silbur and sub-$1190 gold in the coming few months as there isn't much chart support between current and ~$14/~$1190 price points. Those percieved lows may me brief, and good buying opportunities, but look pretty likely IMHO. Not trading advice, but patience is a virtue in an apparently falling market. Good luck out there folks.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Gold Seasonals

Post 2011 high.

AU Seasonal Bear.png

2000 - 2011 bull move.

AU Seasonal Bull.png

2000 to date...

AU Seasonal 2000-2019.png

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I think that the weak dollar strong gold crowd may get a surprise.
.... add to that it appears that the rate cut = stock rally crowd may also get a shock. We may be in rate cut = bad territory as it signals loss of control and policy failure at this point in the cycle.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Yes we are drunker than the 2008 party, we are just a little less excitable. Not a good sign all in all.

Attachments

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Gold Seasonals

Post 2011 high.

View attachment 130679

2000 - 2011 bull move.

View attachment 130677

2000 to date...

View attachment 130678
Interesting... May looking pretty robust for PMs on avaerge. At the risk of giving yet another reason for TPTB to trash the market even more, I’ll say it again. I feel like we are being lulled into complacecy so that we are looking away when the fireworks come. PMs and miners are close to oversold on a technical level, COT appears to be washed out and the Fed is fighting tooth and nail not to cut rates now never mind raise them further. It is setting up to be a perfect storm. I bought a few Uber cheap GDX 23 June calls on a whim this morning. A little piece of me is hearing the market say ‘Sell in May and go away (so no one else is left to play)’.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Looking in the corners for signals.....

Hmmmmmmmm?!

Attachments

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Interesting... May looking pretty robust for PMs on avaerge. At the risk of giving yet another reason for TPTB to trash the market even more, I’ll say it again. I feel like we are being lulled into complacecy so that we are looking away when the fireworks come. PMs and miners are close to oversold on a technical level, COT appears to be washed out and the Fed is fighting tooth and nail not to cut rates now never mind raise them further. It is setting up to be a perfect storm. I bought a few Uber cheap GDX 23 June calls on a whim this morning. A little piece of me is hearing the market say ‘Sell in May and go away (so no one else is left to play)’.
If I were a bullion bank going long the gold sector I'd be buying into seasonal weakness, that I'd helped along with a damn good thumping, would be the sort of evil skull fuckery I'd do. Just sayin....

When they turn for real, assuming they will, they will use the market to greatest effect.

2c FWIW

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Tesla just has to hit the wall, crony capitalism its best. Elon should be screwed when the big brands get into this market.

Attachments