• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The pressure is building in the gold/PM market. Huge COT OI numbers the last few days. Seems like the 1300 area is being defended pretty desperately. On the other hand, softer dollar, and markets slipping is putting some tailwind into the metal. Look at unencumbered bitcoin moving now. Should be an interesting remainder of the week.:popcorn:
Well the rest of the week was an unmitigated metals drubbing. Brutal! The dollar reversed up and the COT numbers show the commercials went way short on gold. You gotta give the big boys credit for tenacity. Me, I feel like I have earned yet another weekend safely ensconced in the abusive relationship I have with the PM world. Another beating, another pair of black eyes... Cue up the music - 'Stand by your man'! Ahh, it's good to be home!

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
The metals look ugly, but the miners had an intriguing bounce on friday despite the dump in the metals. Possibly the sign of atleast a dead-cat bounce starting?
Regardless, Options expiration is over now that we are heading into a new week. Should allow things to trade more freely.

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Well the rest of the week was an unmitigated metals drubbing. Brutal! The dollar reversed up and the COT numbers show the commercials went way short on gold. You gotta give the big boys credit for tenacity. Me, I feel like I have earned yet another weekend safely ensconced in the abusive relationship I have with the PM world. Another beating, another pair of black eyes... Cue up the music - 'Stand by your man'! Ahh, it's good to be home!
A bit of a yawn here, off ~0.7% or so in my goldies.

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Millennials are communists! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! They are gonna go there. Holy crap, god shave me!

Attachments

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'm just talking about the narrative being laid out, clearly. Fed will stop hiking soon, means theyre admitting the business cycle has ended, stocks crash bigly, policy reversal back to QE to save it, probably by 2100 s&p. Then best guess, i would start looking at 2020/21 maybe for something even bigger/worse.
Wait for it....

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Regained yesterdays losses... see-saw sores appearing!

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Looks like good news in the elections down under...hope some good results for you and yours!!
Shocked the hell out of the left much in the same way Trump did. It says more about how disconnected and left bias our media and pollsters are, they were only seeing what they wanted to see not what the Australian people are currently concerned with.

They were also playing to the millennials by targeting boomers wealth with tax and talking climate change. They seemed to forget that millennials have a firm eye on their inheritance as a midlife leg up. They scared the crap out everyone, none of the changes would have made anyone's life any cheaper... but they care... LOL!

Unfortunately, it is a poison chalice... much like Trump the Libs will have to deal with whatever train wreck is about to occur and no doubt will be blamed for it. Watch this space for a hard swing left in the next cycle or at best the one after.

JMO

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Shocked the hell out of the left much in the same way Trump did. It says more about how disconnected and left bias our media and pollsters are, they were only seeing what they wanted to see not what the Australian people are currently concerned with.

They were also playing to the millennials by targeting boomers wealth with tax and talking climate change. They seemed to forget that millennials have a firm eye on their inheritance as a midlife leg up. They scared the crap out everyone, none of the changes would have made anyone's life any cheaper... but they care... LOL!

Unfortunately, it is a poison chalice... much like Trump the Libs will have to deal with whatever train wreck is about to occur and no doubt will be blamed for it. Watch this space for a hard swing left in the next cycle or at best the one after.

JMO
Its funny how in Australia the conservatives are called "liberals"...

Probably from eating too much roo meat...

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Its funny how in Australia the conservatives are called "liberals"...
Well it is funny to you maybe but they are true Liberals, they are not right-wing conservative, they are what the Democrats once were. Our right wing parties are fringe with no chance and Labour is quite far left while our Greens are radical, human-hating, looney left.

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My ASX Goldies now up ~2% heading into the last 1.5 hours of trade.

Still got that resilient feeling... not really that spooked by anything gold is doing.

I'm still not really used to it.

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Gold Daily, updated.

Near support @1270 odd or the 200 dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy MA?! Say a 1250 tag? I know it has been talked of for a long time. It would have to be a great entry.

AU-D-20190521.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
@louky what does 1251 pivot mean exactly?

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Seesaw.... yo, yo! Giving back yesterdays gain so far today!

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
On a brighter note support was respected....for now.

AU-D-20190522.png

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
July?

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
blogger

Comex gold bounces again from its 200-day moving average of $1269.60. And now it appears that "someone" has had an algo running on the bid ever since. But, according to the Generalists and Apologists, we only talk about manipulation to the downside so just ignore this chart...
Blog experts and their moving average conspiracy theories......never fails at these critical junctures

1269, bottom of the box....posted for years and years lol

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
@louky what does 1251 pivot mean exactly?
All that matters is the boxes, posted for years and years, not any lines or MA's, etc. The lines and MA's will just magically become the numbers i posted.

Pivot is simply a transition point between the boxes. Read back in the thread for fake north korea news as the shining example of 1251. ;) It's the major historical pivot between bottom of the current box 1269 and top of lower box at 1197.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
69ish-78 normally good for a bounce
Screenshot_20190522-084717_NetDania.png

Screenshot_20190522-084850_Google.jpg

Goldies was crashing, what happened?

1269 bottom of the box - caught the panic crashing

1278 bottom of inner box - lot of bumping on it

1269[1278-1287]1296

Just watch for support/ resistence before making each new target now

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Crush The Street

Debt never goes away unless it is paid down or defaulted on.

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Re: Nenners comments DB @ < $6.40 means it is gonna die! Just a dollar away... can you spell contagion? Expect something official to happen soonish I'd guess.

DB-W-20190523.png