• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My Mom says I can't go too far, and I need to be home by the time the street lights come on. Do you think we can go for a ride before then and get me back home in time?
No "to da moon!" then? LOL... no rockets, no beach balls... the coast is clear.

shamrocks33

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Hey Zed, totally agree with you on sentiment in goldbug world. Just take a look at Kitco forums, absolute ghost town. I notice a TA gold site is just starting to have members coming around, but it took a lot of persuading from some very sharp posters.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Hey Zed, totally agree with you on sentiment in goldbug world. Just take a look at Kitco forums, absolute ghost town. I notice a TA gold site is just starting to have members coming around, but it took a lot of persuading from some very sharp posters.
IM humble O it doesn't get much better than this for a sentiment setup.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
ASX Goldies ~-2.3% right out of the gates this AM! Hopefully gold perks up and we see some of that Friday buying that has been around of late!
-~2% off EOD.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Just to remind you just how well gold has really done in terms of capital growth since 2000.

PerfChart.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
LOL... I added the HUI to the above list since 2000. EVEN with the sad years it has out done the main indices!

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Just to remind you just how well gold has really done in terms of capital growth since 2000.

View attachment 135975
The problem with this sort of analysis is that its an arbitrary starting date and at that time stocks were in a bubble and gold was in a coma. The above chart/returns would look different if the starting point was 2009 for example...

Having said that...your point is valid that gold has done well this millenium...

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Strawboss is correct, of course. However, since I was buying before during and after 2000, it lines up pretty well for me. We did good.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Gold 4H - Taking another swing @ the brass ring, coming off a higher low so that is good. Mebe we find out on Monday!

AUUSD-4H-20190713-1.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
I wasn’t expecting much action until the federal reserve meeting at the end of this month, but who knows? Maybe we charge higher before the meeting, and correct afterwards ? A lot of pressure for the first rate cut…

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
This thread is dead considering > 1400 POG. Just sayin... remember the old days?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Crumbling?

Chua Hak Bin economist at Maybank Kim Eng Research Pte in Singapore. said:
“Singapore is the canary in the coal mine, being very open and sensitive to trade,” The data “points to the risk of a deepening slowdown for the rest of Asia.”

Attachments

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
So does China control the world markets or does Trump?

I kind of get the sense that Trump is in the catbird seat waiting for China to blink first....

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
So does China control the world markets or does Trump?

I kind of get the sense that Trump is in the catbird seat waiting for China to blink first....

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Makes one wonder if this is the ds setting up for 2020 election........
My eyes and truck traffic tell me otherwise........
Just like interest rate changes we all know it takes 6 months for things to filter through the economy....... so is this for Jan 1 2020 headlines that Trump destroyed the great obama / biden created economy?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Spoke with a liberal and a conservative last night at a late dinner.

Liberal is a lawyer who doesn't understand why middle America voted for Trump. Trump is controlled by Russian mafia money. They 'bailed him out' when he went BK.

Conservative says Trump needs to come at China 'with a posse' (Australia, EU etc.) to force China. China came out strong against Trump and culturally they'll want to 'save face' at all costs, that Trump doesn't understand this yadda yadda...

I'm sitting back watching it all unfold... neither one is right!

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
+~ 2% for the ASX Goldies for the open of the week. Makes up for a slightly nervous Friday!

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Gold 4H - As we open for the week gold is struggling with resistance @ the 1420 level. Not really looking like we are going to take another crack at the breakout line in Mondays session. Looking near due for a push upward on the daily so I am guessing sometime this week. The consolidation is getting tighter... so the $64 Q is still break up or down? Still leaning bullish over here but a correction wouldn't be out of place and indeed many are calling for one!

AUUSD-4H-20190715-1.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Wakey wakey! What? Did all get smashed this weekend? The disinterest in gold is astonishing really, considering, you know.... where we are here. This bodes well for the near future.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
You should slap some bollinger bands on your chart...I find that helpful sometimes to see whats happening. Then after the band constriction happens - you can pay close attention to the midline of the bands and position according to whether the price is above or below the midline...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Then after the band constriction happens - you can pay close attention to the midline of the bands and position according to whether the price is above or below the midline...
It's above... has been since the 10th. BB's are on one of my charts, I don't like them too busy when I post them.

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Wakey wakey! What? Did all get smashed this weekend? The disinterest in gold is astonishing really, considering, you know.... where we are here. This bodes well for the near future.

Oh I'm right here, mate. Just coming off a grueling 70 hour work week. Watching with interest this morning as, for a change, gold takes a breather while the other PMs lead the charge.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Butlter shooting at the whaler!

Attachments

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Butler Ahab!... I really have a tough time figuring out who is who and what is what. I’m just a blind boy grunt who’s mantra is ‘keep stacking’.
In the end price will tell the tale. Buy value and be patient is my thought @ these levels. Sweet FA downside here and the market will get around to recognizing that.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
In the end price will tell the tale. Buy value and be patient is my thought @ these levels. Sweet FA downside here and the market will get around to recognizing that.
I have no idea what you are talking about...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
FWIW - more at link

F5E82C07-DD06-4A71-B997-64F02B8B3945.jpeg

Area Play: The Val d’Or, Quebec Camp in Canada is Heating Up

David Erfle
Friday July 12, 2019

Kitco Commentaries | Opinions, Ideas and Markets Talk
(Kitco News) - In the early 20th century, the discovery of the Cadillac Fault ushered in the Abitibi-Témiscamingue Gold Rush and the geological anomaly continues to have a major impact on Quebec’s mining history. The massive fault is roughly 160 kilometers long and extends from the town of Val d’Or, in Quebec, to Kirkland Lake, in Ontario. Its name derives from the township of Cadillac, where it was first discovered.

Although its name in French means “valley of gold,” there is no valley in Val d’Or, however, there is still plenty of gold remaining in the surrounding area. The town of roughly 32,000 inhabitants was founded by miners in 1934 and its economy depends chiefly on mining gold, zinc, lead, molybdenum, and copper. The lumber business is also important to the economy of Val-d'Or, as the forests of the Abitibi region provide 65% of the lumber produced in Québec.

Even after a century-long history of mining over one hundred million ounces of gold, the Cadillac Break is far from being depleted. In fact, Quebec’s entire Abitibi region has been experiencing a revival in exploration, development, and production activity since the secular gold bull market began at the turn of the century.

In a recent Northern Miner article, Claude Potvin, a spokesperson for Quebec’s Ministry of Natural Resources and Energy, said mining is a government priority. “Quebec was recently named [by the Fraser Institute] as the world’s fourth best mining jurisdiction,” Potvin said in a phone interview. “We want to make it number one.” Potvin would not commit to a specific date, but said that new measures could be announced later this year.

Just as the Northern Miner article appeared in mid-May, a few juniors located in the Eastern Cadillac Break region began to experience interest from larger mining firms. The increased interest in the region began with Osisko Mining’s (OSK.TO) new spin-out company O3 Mining (OIII.V), then known as Chantrell Ventures Corp., making a takeover bid for junior developer/explorer Alexandria Minerals (AZX.V) at C$0.04 per share on May 14th.

Then a month later on June 14th, senior gold miner Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM), who already owns a 5.6% stake in Alexandria, stepped in with a higher bid for AZX.V at an offer price valuing the stock at C$0.05 per share. The Agnico offer subsequently began a bidding war for the Quebec junior when Chantrell/Osisko announced a new and much higher bid for Alexandria Minerals a few weeks later, with an offer price valuing the stock at C$0.07/share.

In a span of a couple of months, the market cap of Alexandria Minerals has gone from roughly C$12.5 million, to now about C$35 million. It has been quite some time since the gold sector has experienced a bidding war for a micro-cap junior, which exemplifies the potential gains that are possible in so many extremely undervalued junior gold exploration stocks which continue to trade at bargain basement share prices.