• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
presumably the Chinese.gov are buying to secure silver for their economy for electronics production etc..
Don't forget 50 large mfg's have pulled out of China.
Is China buying / hording to make others spend more and make less profit?
Are the new manufacturers stocking up at these levels?

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
On another note, what silver/gold stocks do you folks like? I used to like Silver Wheaton (SLW), but I've been out of the stock-picking game for awhile and could use some suggestions.

Thank you and good luck out there folks.
SLW is now WPM Wheaton Precious Metals and is doing well since mid May ( $20 upto $27). 52 week range $15-27. Annual Div is only 1.35%. Same idea as SLW ( streaming) but now with Au as well.

shamrocks33

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I am in America’s silver and First Magestic, both have pretty charts but have run like scalded cats the last few weeks. Got Goldie’s is high on Hecla right now. You could do worse than tailing him. There is not much to like fundamentally about the company, but it is the last bus parked at the station.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I am in America’s silver and First Magestic, both have pretty charts but have run like scalded cats the last few weeks. Got Goldie’s is high on Hecla right now. You could do worse than tailing him. There is not much to like fundamentally about the company, but it is the last bus parked at the station.
Hecla is a pig - but in a bull market - even the pigs start flying...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Flat but green today... should be red again, but ?!

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Flat but green today... should be red again, but ?!
You seem to be sleeping later and later. I would think a man of your stature would be getting up very early - so we (meaning I) can get an early read on tomorrows price action.

Perhaps you should consider adjusting your sleeping habits...so that we (I) have better intel...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
You seem to be sleeping later and later. I would think a man of your stature would be getting up very early - so we (meaning I) can get an early read on tomorrows price action.

Perhaps you should consider adjusting your sleeping habits...so that we (I) have better intel...
Been busy with important things! My boat needs repairs man!

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Hecla is a pig - but in a bull market - even the pigs start flying...
When everything with the word Gold in its title trades strongly we are near the end! You will see supersonic pigs IMO.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Been busy with important things! My boat needs repairs man!
I once bought a 28 ft. Carver that needed some TLC.

About $30 grand later I had a really good looking boat with 2 jacked motors. I found out later that they designed it so it could be both salt water and fresh water...and used an intercooler. Well - the intercoolers were aluminum and the engine blocks were iron - so they expanded and contracted at different temps...thus leading to leaks which then caused engine overheating which resulted in engine fires not once...but twice...

After the 2nd time - I was really angry at myself for putting out the fire...

I have learned that its much better to make friends with people that have boats.

Unfortunately for me - because of my sordid past - I wouldnt be allowed to enter Australia so that I could enjoy myself on your boat. It seems that even though Australia was founded as a penal colony - entirely inhabited by criminals (and a few Aborigines) - no longer wants to be associated with criminals. Pretty ironic if you ask me...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I once bought a 28 ft. Carver that needed some TLC.

About $30 grand later I had a really good looking boat with 2 jacked motors. I found out later that they designed it so it could be both salt water and fresh water...and used an intercooler. Well - the intercoolers were aluminum and the engine blocks were iron - so they expanded and contracted at different temps...thus leading to leaks which then caused engine overheating which resulted in engine fires not once...but twice...

After the 2nd time - I was really angry at myself for putting out the fire...

I have learned that its much better to make friends with people that have boats.

Unfortunately for me - because of my sordid past - I wouldnt be allowed to enter Australia so that I could enjoy myself on your boat. It seems that even though Australia was founded as a penal colony - entirely inhabited by criminals (and a few Aborigines) - no longer wants to be associated with criminals. Pretty ironic if you ask me...
The marine environment tends to punish any and all mistakes! I sail, anything fast, wet and wild gets my attention. No gin & tonic... I use other peoples boats for that.

The next ambition is to be the oldest guy @ my club on foils! Accordingly a foiling A Class cat or Moth will be added to my stable. Prolly the A Class, Moth's required a bit more agility!

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The marine environment tends to punish any and all mistakes! I sail, anything fast, wet and wild gets my attention. No gin & tonic... I use other peoples boats for that.

The next ambition is to be the oldest guy @ my club on foils! Accordingly a foiling A Class cat or Moth will be added to my stable. Prolly the A Class, Moth's required a bit more agility!

I absolutely love being out on the water. There is something magical about it. So peaceful and relaxing. All the BS just melts away...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Got Goldie’s is high on Hecla right now.
0.51 yield

If HL pops through the red line it could be worth looking at on this 3 yr chart....

Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 11.33.55 PM.png

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

I do believe we have liftoff in WPM (which means silver...which means the entire PM complex...). It looks like its gonna hug the bollinger band on the way up...

Hopefully we are getting our correction soon so I can load the boat up properly...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Today we get nervous! ~-2.3% @ the open down here in upside down land.

Look at silver, finally doing something

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Look at silver, finally doing something
Yes, I think this is why the brakes are on gold at the moment. Someone is unwinding silver exposure. Logically we should see gold bolt a little when they back off.

I dunno.... 2c worth etc.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I wonder if a unilateral Chinese devaluation is coming? This trade war may push them to make an aggressive move. Why could it happen? .... because virtually no one thinks that they will/can. This is the most contrarian of contrarian positions.

Last edited:

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I wonder if a unilateral Chinese devaluation is coming? This trade war may push them to make an aggressive move. Why could it happen? .... because virtually no one thinks that they will/can. This is the most contrarian of contrarian positions.
I think that would be very gold positive if China does that.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Notice how RSI tends to stay above 40 in a positively trending move even on corrections?
Yes, starting to operate in bull mode since 'the break'. Daily RSI >50, buy the dip to 50 kinda thing.

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Yes, starting to operate in bull mode since 'the break'. Daily RSI >50, buy the dip to 50 kinda thing.
In bull market moves - the RSI tends to stay above 40...especially on the daily/weekly/monthly charts...
In a bear market - the RSI tends to peak at 60....

Something I have observed over many different markets over many years...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
In bull market moves - the RSI tends to stay above 40...especially on the daily/weekly/monthly charts...
In a bear market - the RSI tends to peak at 60....

Something I have observed over many different markets over many years...
Depends on your settings I suppose... Gold of late has tended to hold RSI14 - 50 on moves. I'm only interested in what I trade, not averages of 'all things'... anywhoooo, breaking 50 is a red flag for a move in my book. You need more than one red flag, but it is one.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Gold Miners Bullish Percent Index at highest level since 2016.

That could be interpreted a couple of different ways...

sc-17.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Since I brought it up, this chart gives a better view, more context, because it includes the 2016 mini-bull.

sc-18.png

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I just grabbed some HL JAN 2020 3 Calls this a.m. cool:
I picked up some this morning just because its you. Hopefully we do well!!

Let me know when its time to hit the exits on it...

:beer:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Raoul Pal said:
What's unique about Josh is not only is he a really great VC, he's also one of the smartest people in the world that I've ever come across. He's a bit of a polymath. And that makes him a great macro guy. So, he looks at the top down picture. He understands how public markets, private markets all fit together, and complex things like volatility, liquidity, and that's really unique for somebody in that space. And that gives us a really broad perspective.
Josh Wolfe said:
The last time that corporate buybacks eclipsed corporate CapEx was 2008,10 years ago. And that's happening again, now. Whenever you see corporate venture activity, it's almost always a counter cyclical indicator. All that BBB indebtedness,these are companies that are dinosaurs

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Gold Miners Bullish Percent Index at highest level since 2016.

That could be interpreted a couple of different ways...

View attachment 136986
Well - since its on its way up (instead of down as it was in 2016)...I will interpret that as being a good thing...and the GSR is still WAAAAAY out of whack...

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well - since its on its way up (instead of down as it was in 2016)...I will interpret that as being a good thing...and the GSR is still WAAAAAY out of whack...
I went back and looked. Even 2011 and before and after NEVER went to 100% like it did in 2016. If you ever see sentiment get to 100%, RUN LIKE HELL!!

Strawboss

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Yeah - its really sad what they have done. Loaded up the company with debt to fund buybacks to hit compensation bonuses that were tied to stock performance. Many of these companies will end up bankrupt...and some of them will have an impact on global supply chains. A lot of pain and misery for a lot of people in store...and thats sad.

Jesus said that the love of money is the root of all evil. A case could be made that what we are witnessing happening in the world around us is a testament to the veracity of what Jesus meant. All these corporate executives that dont care that they are destroying the very companies that entrusted them with its leadership...all to make their bonus...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter