• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
One more test, or pull the trigger?

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 1.01.07 PM.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Brexit Day is finally here... I think it will just be a yawn, all priced in now, not like there are any surprises to be had UNLESS some politically motivated moves are put in play to underscore the exit.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Fur you yankees...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Gold Weekly - The idealised Elliotwave Chart, so far so good. Both options still possible.

AUUSD-W-20200131-1.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Thomson roughly matches the green wave in his chart...

2020jan28gold2.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Brexit Day is finally here... I think it will just be a yawn, all priced in now, not like there are any surprises to be had UNLESS some politically motivated moves are put in play to underscore the exit.
Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 7.42.50 PM.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Oz's of gold to buy the HUI.

hui-to-gold-ratio-2020-01-30-macrotrends.png

It implies that gold stocks will be 400% higher in relation to the value of gold. So that is a 4x bump in addition to the natural gain as gold gains value.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Yes, I'm sure we all wish those pommy limey bastards well! (I can say that because I'm an expat!)
I thought you guys were all criminals...?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I thought you guys were all criminals...?
Nah, most of us ended up coming of our own free will. Turns out that the weather is better than the UK, they never saw it coming.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
In order to get follow through above 1575-1584 i was talking about, seems like rates would have to collapse to nothing. We'll see how it goes....
Guess it still needs more than geopolitical, worldwide pandemic, WWIII fear mongering etc for a sustained move above it lol....

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Guess it still needs more than geopolitical, corona virus, WWIII etc for a sustained move above it lol....
Something like the shutdown of all commerce from China to the rest of the world causing a WW recession perhaps...?

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Miners have been lethargic...weak. Not a good sign it seems.

I am beginning to wonder about this pandemic thing...what if it progresses to the point where people quit going to work. If that happens with the miners - their revenues collapse...

Not saying that will happen - but I dont trust the Chinese numbers coming out - and the fact that it is being reported in so many countries, has a 2 week incubation period with no symptoms and all the rest - makes me think this is gonna continue to grow...

On the other hand - it would make sense that if we shut China out (quarantine) - that is gonna cripple industries the world over and should have the markets tank - which would ordinarily drive a safe haven bid into the metals...

Why cant this stuff ever be simple?

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Would be surprised by a monthky close over 1584, gotta keep the suspense

View attachment 153001
Apparently you aren't the only one who feels that way. We were motoring our way toward $1590 a little while ago and then got violently stuffed back down to $1583 or so. Someone doesn't want to go gently into that good night...

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Miners have been lethargic...weak. Not a good sign it seems.

I am beginning to wonder about this pandemic thing...what if it progresses to the point where people quit going to work. If that happens with the miners - their revenues collapse...

Not saying that will happen - but I dont trust the Chinese numbers coming out - and the fact that it is being reported in so many countries, has a 2 week incubation period with no symptoms and all the rest - makes me think this is gonna continue to grow...

On the other hand - it would make sense that if we shut China out (quarantine) - that is gonna cripple industries the world over and should have the markets tank - which would ordinarily drive a safe haven bid into the metals...

Why cant this stuff ever be simple?
I think it is pretty telling that gold is the only thing really shining at the moment. No one knows exactly what is happening, but they are pretty sure it ain't good. I still feel that when Joe six pack wakes up and sees that gold/PMs are the safe haven here then little sister silver will finally have her day in the sun, with miner's tagging along, and then slingshotting forward, for the ride.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I think it is pretty telling that gold is the only thing really shining at the moment. No one knows exactly what is happening, but they are pretty sure it ain't good. I still feel that when Joe six pack wakes up and sees that gold/PMs are the safe haven here then little sister silver will finally have her day in the sun, with miner's tagging along, and then slingshotting forward, for the ride.
I admire your optimism, but I think silver will be "allowed" to run only if there is a massive shift to physical. As long as money players continue to bet on paper in the Crimex, the banksters with unlimited funds will hold silver down.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Apparently you aren't the only one who feels that way. We were motoring our way toward $1590 a little while ago and then got violently stuffed back down to $1583 or so. Someone doesn't want to go gently into that good night...
Yeah, i'm not bearish per say, but that zone 1575-1584 has big implications in my mind

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I admire your optimism, but I think silver will be "allowed" to run only if there is a massive shift to physical. As long as money players continue to bet on paper in the Crimex, the banksters with unlimited funds will hold silver down.
That's the way it has been for a long time. It is the way it will stay... until it doesn't.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Credit: Graddhy
gold 01:31:20.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I'm just looking @ my gold monthly chart as it happens. Two green months, good ones @ that and l@@k at the sentiment around here... then think back to 2010 or so when we hit good numbers. This market is so ripe to surprise those not looking ---> JMO. Next stop should be near the old highs then this level again and then...

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Dollar was looking at a possible short to mid term break out earlier this week and has now been stuffed back down over the past two days.
In the wider time frame there is significant overhead in that 100-103 area on the DXY, I think that we will have another go at it in the next 3 months or so. JMO. Top 103 and the DXY is looking good.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
In the wider time frame there is significant overhead in that 100-103 area on the DXY, I think that we will have another go at it in the next 3 months or so. JMO. Top 103 and the DXY is looking good.
IDK, there are a lotta complex dynamics in play here. In 'the rush to the bottom' will the dollar be the last man standing? Or, will the US use its political muscle to get ahead in that race? To judge by what looks like a now certain outcome in the impeachment trial, I wouldn't discount Trump's ability to twist international arms to push things in the direction he wants. The DXY has certainly been trading water for a while now. It's almost as if the market can't pick a direction it wants to/thinks it should go.