• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Charts from the Lunatic Fringe.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Weekly HUI found support @ the 50% and 61.8% retracement levels. 61.8 is a classic deep correction... the devils advocate would say that an H&S pattern is in play with a target of, well of THE lows of 2015. The 50 WMA is about to cross the 200 WMA, that is a good thing. Hmmmmm take your pick?! If we gain traction here it will be VERY positive, if not.... blah!

HUI-W-20161207.png

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good listen. I tend to agree with him that we are nearing or past the washout both in PMs and mining stocks. It is the way my mind senses things. The way my heart senses the circumstances are that we are staring into the abyss about to fall into the rabbit hole and directly into the jaws of the slumbering bear. The past two days the PM markets have felt terribly hopeless... They say the darkest hour is right before the dawn. We c

Last edited:

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Good listen. I tend to agree with him that we are nearing or past the washout both in mining stocks. It is the way my mind senses things. The way my heart senses the circumstances are that we are staring into the abyss about to fall into the rabbit hole and directly into the jaws of the slumbering bear. The past two days the PM markets have felt terribly hopeless... They say the darkest hour is right before the dawn. We c
Excellent grasshopper! :D

If pressing that buy button doesn't scare the crap out of you then you are about to lose money. :p:confused:

:shit happens:

We are programmed to fail in markets, deprogramming yourself is quite a feat!

savvydon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm finding this one an interesting development, you can't help but wonder how many will queue up behind them?

Dallas Mayor Files Lawsuit To Block Withdrawals From "Insolvent" Police Pension After "Run On The Bank"
A lot of political dancing to get to high ground and figure out who is going to be positioned on the 'right side' of the disaster. The only thing not in question is that there is a disaster looming - that pension fund is operating on an assumption of 7.25% yearly return - ouch!

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Something like this?

Counter intuitive, but in reality, hike = blast off. No hike = fake out like september. Lower low into seasonality, Jan/Feb like October.
My expectation is this quote from October.

Not sure if a) they surprise, no hike or b) hike already baked in. Either case, rally post fomc, 1220-40, then crash again as per typical seasonality of post election/ bull market doldrums in or around january

Nomis Elpmis

Minimalist
Silver Miner
Dec 3 2015, $30 rally next week, too obvious?

I think the repeating pattern you have pointed out in this post is what's playing out. I hope anyway. We will see after next week...:-)

Nomis Elpmis

Minimalist
Silver Miner
This?
FOMC25.jpg

Nomis Elpmis

Minimalist
Silver Miner

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
ZED, Sibanye SBGL (SA) just announced that they are in negotiations to acquire Stillwater SWC (USA). Do you think this is a reaction to the info in the article you posted? Non SA located mining companies might be the place to put ones investment cash?
Geo political diversity is certainly becoming desirable, I just 'lost' a miner that got nailed by the Thai military junta. Basically it was unwarranted action most probably driven by corruption... or maybe the government feels the need to own a gold mine. It would not surprise me in the least if SA gold miners are looking to pad themselves from a hostile political environment, they will likely suck the SA assets dry, leaving the locals owning very little of value while they plough all available funds into OS ventures. It makes sense, it is probably what I'd do... so yeah I'd say its a good chance that it is a direct consequence of the new law. These laws always produce unintended consequences, people react, fight back etc... government, being the stupid beast that it is always seems to forget this!

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Does this sound plausible?

The US rallies and a gold struggles against it, basically moving sideways at best until April. The French vote Le Pen in and Frexit is on the table, then gold and the USD move up together in lock step for a while as it becomes obvious that the Euro will fail as a result. Basically smart money is moving out of Europe now, that may even put a bit under gold earlier in this scenario. As the April result becomes clearer the mob will start to move, driving the main body of the rally as the consequences become evident.

Fantasy?

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Who knows what the circumstances will be, but I have gold hitting near 1400 by April/May. So sounds good...

Gandalf the Grey, silver wizard, has it hitting 24 by spring for what it's worth.

Sell before summer crash

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Ive been going long oil stocks the last few weeks. Plan is/was to ride them up on the inevitable rise, then switch back to metal stocks for spring rally.

Nov 10, 2016

Some food for thought.

In 2008 it took 7 ounces of silver to buy a barrel of oil, now it takes about 2.5.

One gold ounce bought 6 barrels of oil, now it buys 27.

Platinium bought two ounces of Gold now it buys less than 3/4th of an ounce.

5 pounds of copper bought an ounce of Silver, now it is closer to 8.

Finally 1 ounce of Gold bought 125 Bushels of Corn and now it buys 360.

Look at all those ratios and tell me the Gold and Silver at least in comparison to every other commodity do not look expensive. If we are to have real inflation the rest of the commodities HAVE to catch up or Gold is gonna have to join them in the crapper by going sub $1,000.
Pretty happy with opec/non opec announcements the last couple of weeks. No need for gold to see 1,000's or below now

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Ive been going long oil stocks the last few weeks. Plan is/was to ride them up on the inevitable rise, then switch back to metal stocks for spring rally.

Pretty happy with opec/non opec announcements the last couple of weeks. No need for gold to see 1,000's or below now
Gold has to grow a pair soon, seriously, otherwise we are in ER for a while.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
I just gotta say that I am feeling irrationally and ridiculous positive about this today! Hmmmmmm 'contra indicator' or 'on the money'? Where is that fricken magic 8 ball when you need it? :blond: