• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Cheap RV Living

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hey, if the government gangsters jack up my property taxes too much, I'm selling out, buying some acreage in a deserted county with very low property taxes, and hiding the RV in the trees. They can't tax what they can't find.

Howdy

Silver Member
Silver Miner
With regular RV spaces at fourty bucks a night and high demand spaces through the roof, some rural property owners have taken to installing 2 or 3 RV hookups on their property and leasing them out for cash. With the internet, I'm sure there is an easy way to connect lessors with lessees.
One could buy a parcel of land and have a property manager handle the RV tenants.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Hey, if the government gangsters jack up my property taxes too much, I'm selling out, buying some acreage in a deserted county with very low property taxes, and hiding the RV in the trees. They can't tax what they can't find.
Been wanting to do that myself, tired of mean spirited people , I cant tell you how many people we've helped over the years and how many of them shit on us afterwards and when we got hit by hurricane charlie and a year later I was laid up with a massive heart attack the fkin phone didnt ring, no one asked hey can i cut your lawn or whatever. And yet we still have helped many out over the years after that, the other day we had heavy rains the woman next door had 2 kayaks on her dock and they were floating away, I went over and pulled them out for her and drug them to the side of the house. Im not asking for help but dam it would be nice to have someone fkin offer it when they know your sick or whatever.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I know a guy...

His dad helped him buy 100 acres near a meat packing plant years ago.

He set up a 300 mobile home rental place and rents to the workers.
Keeps the price low and even owns the small gas n go with a car wash.
He recycles the water from the car wash to heat the station.

He recently got a dish network set up for the residents because cable wasn't nearby. Charges $20/mo.

I roughlyfigured he makes $20k per month...

Not bad work if you can get it...

Howdy

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I know a guy...

He recently got a dish network set up for the residents because cable wasn't nearby. Charges $20/mo.

Lots of capitol improvements besides the 100K land. Dirt work, gravel utilities etc. Tenants are probably mostly third world immigrants. Getting paid takes a lot of effort I'm sure.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Worst case I'm camping out at the Old Soldiers Home, I paid every month to support it [not voluntary].

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
We are living in 33' RV on a fixer upper property we bought - all it costs us is some electric, water, and sewer. I'm getting tired of the close living quarters, but it has been tolerable. The property had a RV cover and that has given us a more protected feeling - not having rain or sun beating on the RV roof. I'm ready for more space, soon.

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
The government is out of control when hiding in the woods seems like a reasonable option for daily life.

lol
Been doing it my entire adult life. Most people can't take the solitude, the quiet or lack of "services".

bb28

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I know a guy...

My understanding is in general these types of properties are very hard to find and make a profit on right now. And your profit is at risk if someone else pushes their way into a small market. If you were able to buy the property and set it up before the increased g-man regulations, you could really be sitting pretty.

bb

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I've seen RV sites pop up in people's backyards in a nearby town that has recently experienced oil drilling activity - they are getting around $450 a month and some people have as many as 10 sites on a town lot. I'd be doing it if I had a property there - unincorporated town with few rules.

Another area had a bunch man camp rv parks during the building of a big pipeline, now they're mostly empty.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Been doing it my entire adult life. Most people can't take the solitude, the quiet or lack of "services".

I hear ya Irons !
We live 25 miles to the grocery store & LOVE IT !!!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I hear ya Irons !
We live 25 miles to the grocery store & LOVE IT !!!
Keeps the weak and the riff raff out. They don't stay long when their precious phones/pacifiers don't work.