• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

China Deploys Military to Fight Coronavirus as Confirmed Infections Approach 1,000

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Auburn design adapts CPAP machines into emergency ventilators
By Jeremy Henderson
Published: Apr 2, 2020 9:00:00 AM

Michael Zabala and Tom Burch, faculty in the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering’s Department of Mechanical Engineering, and Hayden Burch, a sophomore in mechanical engineering, helped design RE-INVENT, an accessory that would safely repurpose a CPAP into a functional ventilator.

A team of Auburn engineers has developed a way to quickly and inexpensively convert CPAP machines into ventilators, one of the most important tools hospitals have for helping COVID-19 patients.

Continuous positive airway pressure, or CPAP, machines are commonly used to help people with obstructive sleep apnea breathe more easily during sleep. The Auburn design, called RE-INVENT , is an accessory that would safely repurpose a CPAP into a functional ventilator.

Ventilators are in short supply at hospitals across the nation as the number of patients requiring respiratory assistance due to COVID-19 rises.

Tom Burch and Michael Zabala , faculty in the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering’s Department of Mechanical Engineering, and Hayden Burch, a sophomore in mechanical engineering, initiated the project. Additional engineering faculty and alumni helped refine the mechanical design, control system, user interface and alarms. Critical respiratory care medical professionals contributed to the design of RE-INVENT.

“What started as pure intellectual curiosity quickly grew into an emotional race against time to potentially save lives,” said Zabala, an assistant professor. “We wanted to know if we could design a solution to solve the ventilator shortage problem.”

The RE-INVENT team focused on a design that would reliably ventilate a patient for an extended period. They also considered affordability and ease of manufacture given the urgent, national need for ventilators. The device can be assembled in as little as four hours using approximately $700 in readily available component parts in addition to a standard CPAP machine. A ventilator typical in many hospitals costs as much as $25,000, often more.

“I use a CPAP machine, and it does 90 percent of what a ventilator does,” said Burch, who initially proposed incorporating continuous positive airway pressure into the RE-INVENT design.

Initially there were concerns that CPAPs could unintentionally spread the virus when the patient exhaled; however, the RE-INVENT design prevents that possibility by filtering both inhaled and exhaled air with the same viral filters already in use with standard ventilators.

“These are difficult times,” Burch said. “Everybody who understands the gravity of the situation wants to do something to help, so it feels good to think you’ve helped with something that may have an impact.”

Auburn officials are exploring options for sharing the design with health care providers and potential manufacturers. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has provided guidance to health care providers that may allow them to use RE-INVENT to help increase the availability of ventilators and other respiratory devices during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Health care providers interested in collaborating with the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering during the current public health emergency can learn more online about RE-INVENT.

Media Contact: Jeremy Henderson, jdh0123@auburn.edu, 334-844-3591

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Palestinian university produces model for inexpensive respirator
Abbas congratulates university on ‘great scientific achievement’
By KHALED ABU TOAMEH
APRIL 2, 2020

An entrance of the Church of the Nativity is seen locked amid coronavirus precautions, in Bethlehem in the Israeli-occupied West Bank March 11, 2020 (photo credit: REUTERS/MUSTAFA GANEYEH)

Researchers at Al-Quds University in east Jerusalem’s Abu Dis neighborhood have produced a fully computerized model of a respiratory machine for treating coronavirus patients, Prof. Imad Abu Kishek announced Wednesday.

The device was produced by a team of university doctors and engineers who began work on it after the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, he said. Its production cost is low, and the device can be carried around easily.

The breakthrough system passed the medical and technical tests supervised by a joint team from the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Engineering, said Kishek, the university’s president. It can be made with locally available components, he added.

The new respirator works in a fully computerized system, provides various types of breathing support and is intended for use in intensive-care units, Kishek said.

The process of producing a device on the basis of the model will begin immediately after it is approved by the Palestinian Authority Health Ministry, he said.

PA President Mahmoud Abbas contacted Kishek and congratulated him and the university on “this great scientific and humanitarian achievement,” the university said.

Al-Quds University was established in 1995. It has 15 faculties and 29 institutes and centers, among them the first Palestinian medical school and first research center for nanotechnology.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Nothing Is What It Seems, There Is Light At The End: Claudio Grass

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
New "Band Aid" like Vaccine For COVID 19, 3006 ~ Still reporting

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Dozens of University of Texas spring breakers who defied officials' warnings test positive for coronavirus
BY CAITLIN O'KANE

UPDATED ON: APRIL 2, 202

"About 70 people in their 20s traveled in a large group from Austin, Texas, to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico in mid-March. On Tuesday, the Austin Public Health Department announced 28 of them have tested positive for COVID-19. By Wednesday night, the number infected had risen to 44."

video at link

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/spring...0-pzKCLRzayhb7Xdz36Zv7zooIumWttxtzsXD1hTsvi_U

ABC123

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
GATES: Well, over this decade, we believe unbelievable progress can be made both in inventing new vaccines and making sure they get out to all the children who need them. We can cut the number of children who die every day from about 9 million to half of that, if we have success on it. And the benefits there in terms of reducing sickness, reducing the population growth, it really allows society a chance to take care of itself once you've made that intervention.
There he goes again! Same speech as the TED talk video. There can be no doubt of a quote taken out of context or misspoken words.

How exactly do better vaccines reduce population?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Is Extending Lockdowns Worth The Cost? (was Do Lockdowns Work?)
Willis Eschenbach / 2 days ago April 1, 2020
Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach
[UPDATE—

Well, I got up today and fired up the weed wacker and went out to sweat a bit in the sun. You can see the mowed part at the bottom and the much larger unmowed part behind … I limit my fun to one tank of gas per day, makes my hands shake afterward.

And while turning tall grass into short grass, I thought …

Rats! I asked the wrong question!

The question is not “Do Lockdowns Work”? The answer to that is obviously yes. All different types of those restrictions, from the mildest to the most draconian, will have some effect on the speed of transmission. So “Do lockdowns work?” is meaningless.

The real question is, “Is Extending Lockdowns Worth The Cost?”

That is to say, will any further extension of the lockdowns make any difference? From what people say below, we don’t see the effects of the lockdowns for three weeks or so after the imposition of the sanctions. Now, thanks to a most interesting site provided by my generally aggravating friend Steve Mosher, the future of the US looks like this (the site also has individual states):

If the peak is in two weeks, and the effects of what we do today won’t be visible for two weeks, and at this point the possible changes are small, is that worth the huge damage this lockdown is doing?

The problem that I see is the cost. One week of lockdown has cost us two trillion dollars, along with thousands of failed businesses, people unable to retire because their 401Ks are in the toilet, hundreds of thousands unemployed, a big uptick in domestic violence, and lots of jobs lost.

Now, I estimate that something on the order of 80,000 people will die in the US from this virus. (Curious me, I also looked up the estimate from the model above … 93,000.) Suppose the “flattening the curve” saves 10% of them. By all indications, it won’t, but let’s use that number.

That means that we have spent two trillion dollars to save maybe 8,000 people.

And that, in turn, means that we’ve spent a QUARTER BILLION DOLLARS PER PERSON, most of them over 70 like me but unlike me with other diseases, and put our economy in the crapper in the bargain. I may be wrong, but somehow I don’t think my life is worth a quarter billion dollars.

Now, think about the alternative—voluntary self-isolation, particularly of geezers like me, along with putting two billion into field hospitals, quarantine hospitals, accelerated doctor and nurse training in quarantine procedures, ventilators, masks, quarantine ambulances, drug production of antibiotics, chloroquine, and whatever drugs we need, instructional videos on social distancing, and the like.

I’d say there’s a good chance that we could save more than the 8,000 people by that method, and no matter how many we saved, we’d end up with a) a medical system second to none, b) a humming economy that just had two trillion poured into increased production, c) on-shoring our drug-production industry, d) no business losses, unemployment, or job losses, and e) no uptick in domestic violence.

Call me crazy, but I do NOT want to spend another two trillion dollars to prop up a mostly “feel-good” lockdown ..

Given the general ineffectiveness of these various lockdown-type interventions in the Western countries, and given that a couple weeks of lockdown have already cost us a trillion dollars and hundreds of thousands of vanished jobs and failed businesses and unemployed workers …

… given all of that, I have to ask … is yesterday too soon to end the lockdowns?

Don’t give up. Just end the stay-at-home shelter-in-place regulations. Leave a strong VOLUNTARY self-isolation on geezers like myself, retired folks. Test incoming visitors to the US. Keep washing hands. START WEARING MASKS!.

Let’s get the country back to work before any more people go bankrupt or are unable to pay their rent.

Anyhow, that was my morning. How was yours? I’ve changed the title of the post, and left the original title as well, for searching purposes. And now, here’s my original post.

Best wishes to all for good health,

w.]

Before this $%^&* lockdown started, I said “SPEND THE $1 TRILLION ON OUR HEALTH SYSTEM AND DON’T LOCK THE UNITED STATES DOWN”!!!

(See, back then they were only talking one trillion. But it’s politicians spending OPM, so of course now it’s two trillion.)

And from everything I’ve seen up to now, I was right. Near as I can tell, the lockdowns in various countries have done little & our health system is still inadequate. However, that’s just anecdotal. So here is some harder data on the question.

First, almost every country has implemented some forms of health interventions, ranging from the mild to the Chinese-style totalitarian clampdowns.

And as the Koreans have shown, this can work … but only if people are willing to have quarantines enforced with GPS locations and a surveillance state and GPS contact tracing that shows everywhere you’ve been in the last two weeks. As far as I can see, you have to be Korea or China to pull that one off, and no western country has even tried it.

And as a result, there is very little difference between the spread of disease and the concomitant rate of death in any of the western countries. Figure 1 shows the tragic trajectory of death in the 14 countries with the highest death rates.

Figure 1. Coronavirus deaths versus the number of days since the country went over 10 deaths per million people.

As you can see, there is very little difference in the death rates between the various countries, despite the fact that they all have differing levels of health interventions to try to prevent the spread. They’re all following the same trajectory.

Now, other than lockdowns, what kind of health interventions am I referring to? Glad you asked. Over at ACAP you can download a dataset of the different kinds of measures used by different countries. They list no less than 33 different types of health interventions being used to fight the coronavirus, viz:

• Additional health/documents requirements upon arrival
  • Amendments to funeral and burial regulations
  • Awareness campaigns
  • Border checks
  • Border closure
  • Changes in prison-related policies
  • Checkpoints within the country
  • Complete border closure
  • Curfews
  • Domestic travel restrictions
  • Economic measures
  • Emergency administrative structures activated or established
  • Full lockdown
  • General recommendations
  • Health screenings in airports and border crossings
  • Humanitarian exemptions
  • International flights suspension
  • Introduction of quarantine policies
  • Limit product imports/exports
  • Limit public gatherings
  • Lockdown of refugee/idp camps or other minorities
  • Mass population Testing
  • Military deployment
  • Obligatory medical tests not related to COVID-19
  • Partial lockdown
  • Psychological assistance and medical social work
  • Public services closure
  • Schools closure
  • State of emergency declared
  • Strengthening the public health system
  • Surveillance and monitoring
  • Testing policy
  • Visa restrictions
So I used that to see if countries with more of those restrictions fared better. Here, for example, are the restrictions imposed by South Korea over time. Some are listed twice because they were expanded or made more rigorous over time:

• Visa restrictions
  • Visa restrictions
  • Schools closure
  • Partial lockdown
  • Psychological assistance and medical social work
Quarantine, then surveillance, then more rigorous quarantine, then even more rigorous surveillance and quarantine. I don’t believe that Americans would put up with that.

However, being a graphically minded sort of person, I then made a scatterplot of the number of distinct kinds of restrictions a country has imposed versus the number of deaths per ten million in that country. Figure 2 shows the result:

Figure 2. Scatterplot, number of kinds of restrictions to try to prevent viral spread versus coronavirus deaths per ten thousand.

As you can see, the number of restrictions seems to have little to do with the number of deaths. For example, here’s what Switzerland has done. These are the different restrictions they’ve applied.

• Border checks
  • Visa restrictions
  • Schools closure
  • Border checks
  • Visa restrictions
  • Awareness campaigns
  • Testing policy
  • Border closure
  • Economic measures
  • Partial lockdown
  • Full lockdown
  • Partial lockdown
  • Economic measures
  • Economic measures
  • Limit product imports/exports
  • Military deployment
  • International flights suspension
  • Visa restrictions
  • Economic measures
So the lack of visible effect is not from a lack of restrictions. Nor is the lack of visible effect because the restrictions haven’t been in place long enough. Switzerland imposed the first restrictions forty days ago, on the 21st of February. They closed the schools. On the 24th of February, the government declared an “extraordinary situation,” and banned all private and public events and ordered restaurants and bars to close. At that point, they had no coronavirus deaths. [UPDATE: A couple of people said that Switzerland’s restrictions had not been in place that long. Upon rechecking my sources, I find they were right and I was 100% wrong. However, my point remains—the different restrictions haven’t made any detectable difference to date, and the crunch is coming in one or two weeks for most countries. So any effect will be minimal, if not detectable, and meanwhile the economic and human cost is horrendous.]

They currently have 433 deaths from coronavirus. Forty days of sanctions with no effect.

Meanwhile, the Swiss have about the same number of deaths per ten million population as say Netherlands, and here’s all that the Dutch have done:

• Schools closure
  • Public services closure
  • Economic measures
  • Emergency administrative structures activated or established
No lockdown, neither partial nor full. No limitations on import/export. No suspension of flights. No visa restrictions. No state of emergency. No border checks.

And despite that … they are on a par with the Swiss, despite all of the Swiss containment measures.

Or you could look at it another way. Germany, the US, Portugal, France, and Spain have all instituted the same number of restrictions … but their deaths go from low to high.

So it seems that my intuition was correct. Unless you are willing to impose a full-blown police and surveillance state, these measures do very little. The problem is that this bugger is so insidious. It has a long incubation period when it is infectious but asymptomatic. And it can live on surfaces for days. As a result, in terms of government restrictions, nothing but a major Korean-style full-court press, with surveillance and strict quarantine and a populace willing to follow restrictions to the letter, will cut down the number of cases.

And Americans simply won’t do that. In fact, it’s impossible to get Americans to just shelter in place. If you go out into the streets of the US, there are lots of people working, lots of people going from place to place, grocery stores full of people … control the virus?

I don’t think so.

But regarding controlling the virus, here’s another graph. It’s exactly the same as Figure 2, but it contains Japan as well.

Hmm … they’re in the danger zone, near to Korea and China, so what extreme health measures are they practicing? Here you go …

• Visa restrictions
Whaaaa? That’s all the restrictions? … my only conclusion from that is simple.

WEAR A MASK.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Why Was Zero Hedge Banned For The Coronavirus Reporting?

Maatje Benassi competes at CSIM - China World Military Games October 20th, 2019 - Belvoir Eagle Page 13. November 29th, 2019

George Webb is an investigative journalist in the Washington, DC area that discovered the DNC blackberries and hard drives used by DNC Chairwoman's IT assistant, Biden Awan. Webb produced a fact witness, a Marine named Andre Taggart, and Taggart confirmed the government marked blackberries and drives stashed by Awan in his home. Webb also interviewed a Capitol Hill staffer with a three decade relationship with Joe Biden that provided insider information about Biden Awan that was later confirmed in a House hearing. The House insider also left the phone with Webb which had Congressional markings, and the blackberry mapped to a DIA staffer on Capitol Hill in the Human Intelligence Services.

A summary of his three years of reporting has been summarize in a five video playlist called The Webb Report and can be found here.

Original Video Link Censored by Youtube Search Algorithm

More News about Maatje Benassi:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://tantannews.com/coronavirus/3YaOYlNLdx
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.hswh.org.cn/wzzx/llyd/aq/2020-03-25/62025.html
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://user.guancha.cn/main/content?id=270379
https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1183658.shtml
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.ayosemarang.com/read/2020/03/25/54232/tiongkok-desak-amerika-rilis-hasil-kesehatan-tentara-as-diduga-pasien-korona-pertama
https://engnews24h.com/patient-0-coronas-first-positive-human-alias-found-allegedly-us-army/

*This is a Re-post Video in case the original video got deleted.* Watch more videos

Watch more videos Coronavirus First Patient Maatje Benassi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvLHo...
Coronavirus: From the United State biochemical lab to a global threat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkJCe...
Coronavirus First Patient MaatjeBenassi 武汉零号病人终于找到 - Maatje Benassi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hren-...
(down) https://www.metacafe.com/watch/120475...
(new link) Coronavirus: may have connections between the United State and Ukraine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZRX0...
Coronavirus: The US Health Case Exposed (Part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taCdU...
Coronavirus: The US Health Case Exposed (Part 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuJAA...
Is Coronavirus A Bioweapon, a talk with Dr Paul Cottrell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZUBd...
Forbes and Vice CoronaVirus Smear Articles On George Webb (Explained)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS0NL...
The truth about the Coronavirus over hyped scam (Exposed)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHiYs...
United State Soldiers exposing atrocities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfHcB...
EU and NATO Killing Each Other
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOVpT...
Virginia Benassi, CTO At WHO Secretariat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOsgz...
NATO’s Blueprint Coronavirus, WHO R&D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_obGp...
CoronaVirus Bavari - Ebola Too?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jZ6h...
Coronavirus Epidemic of Corruption - Starting With A War Criminal At WHO Is A Bad Start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4giI...
Finding Patient Zero related Milan November Deaths
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9QX5...
CoronaVirus Timeline - What Really Happened?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypfpx... #coronavirus #MaatjeBenassi #covid19

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Coronavirus cases in the United States top 250K

The United States posted its largest single-day death toll from coronavirus on Friday, as U.S. cases climb to over 250k. Suzanne Judd, Ph.D. and Epidemiologist at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Public Health, joins Yahoo Finance’s Seana Smith to discuss. #coronavirus #COVID-19 # UnitedStates

Apr 3, 2020
Yahoo Finance

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
NY Doc Says We’re Treating COVID 19 Wrong, 3009 Still reporting

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
This Event Was A Coordinated Last Ditch Effort By The [DS], Moves & Countermoves Dr. Shiva

X22Report Spotlight

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Catherine Austin Fitts - We are Dealing with a Spiritual War

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Asymptomatic coronavirus cases rise in China
04/06/20

BEIJING (Reuters) - Mainland China reported 39 new coronavirus cases as of Sunday, up from 30 a day earlier, and the number of asymptomatic cases also surged as the government vowed tighter controls at land borders.

The National Health Commission said on Monday that 78 new asymptomatic cases had been identified as of the end of Sunday, compared with 47 the day before.

Imported cases and asymptomatic patients, who show no symptoms but can still pass the virus on, have become China’s chief concern after draconian containment measures succeeded in slashing the overall infection rate.

Hubei province, the original epicentre, accounted for almost half the new asymptomatic cases. A total of 705 people with asymptomatic cases were under medical observation around mainland China.

The surge in asymptomatic cases, which China only began reporting last week, poses a worry as Hubei’s capital Wuhan prepares to allow people to leave the city on April 8 for the first time since it was locked down in late January.

Wuhan officials revoked the “epidemic-free” status of 45 residential compounds due to the emergence of asymptomatic cases and other unspecified reasons, according to a report on Monday by the official Xinhua news agency.

“Epidemic-free” status allows people living in Wuhan compounds to leave their homes for two hours at a time.

China has now reported a total of 81,708 cases, with 3,331 deaths. One new locally transmitted infection was reported in the latest data, in the southern province of Guangdong, down from five a day earlier in the same province.

CASES CROSS LAND BORDERS
China has closed its borders to foreigners as the virus spreads globally, though most imported cases have involved Chinese nationals returning from overseas.

It began testing all international arrivals for the coronavirus from April 1, customs official Song Yueqian said.

Of the new cases showing symptoms, 38 entered China from abroad, compared with 25 a day earlier. Of those, 20 arrived in the northeastern province of Heilongjiang from neighbouring Russia. All were Chinese citizens who had flown from Moscow to Vladivostok and travelled to China overland.

China will work to prevent cases being imported through land borders, the government said after a meeting chaired by Premier Li Keqiang on Monday,which noted the number of such cases had exceeded cases recorded at airports recently.

Those who try to hide their travel history or health condition face a fine of up to 30,000 yuan ($4,230) or even criminal proceedings, Song said, adding such people will be placed on a customs “blacklist” of travellers who will be subject to tighter checks in future.

Another possible source of infection are the 1.6 million Chinese who study overseas, many of whom have struggled to return home since international flights were reduced.

Charter flights are being arranged to bring home Chinese students in the United States, starting with the youngest, China’s embassy in Washington said.

The ambassador, Cui Tiankai, noted in the New York Times on Monday there had been “unpleasant talk” between the two countries about the virus. “But this is not the time for finger-pointing. This is a time for solidarity, collaboration and mutual support,” Cui wrote.

Amid criticism China was too slow to warn the international community about the outbreak, Xinhua on Monday published a “detailed timeline” of the country’s coronavirus response and information sharing, from late December 2019 to March 2020.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
THE ROLE OF GENOMIC SEQUENCING IN COMBATING COVID-19
Molecular biologists Peter Thielen and Thomas Mehoke are rapidly sequencing the genome of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Their work will help shed light on how the virus evolves as it spreads and how well containment efforts are working.
ByHub staff report
/ Published April 2

Peter Thielen and Thomas Mehoke, molecular biologists at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory, are working to sequence the genomes of different variations of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the illness COVID-19, in order to track its mutations as it spreads. They joined Sarah LaFave, a PhD student at the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, to discuss how they are carrying out their work and how it can inform the evolving response to the pandemic. The conversation has been edited for length and clarity.

What is genomic sequencing and why is it important to understand the genomic sequence of COVID-19?
Thielen: Genomic sequencing is a technique that allows us to read and interpret genetic information found within DNA or RNA. When we look at virus genome sequences from patient samples that test positive for COVID-19, we're interested in understanding where their version of the virus originated. For example, does the virus look similar to how it looks in Washington State? Or in New York? Or in Europe? Right now, we're working to analyze many genome sequences from SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, that are circulating in the Baltimore area and in Maryland. Our goal is to understand how the virus is evolving as it spreads. So far, there are over 1,000 COVID-19 genomes that have been published worldwide.

Johns Hopkins responds to COVID-19

Coverage of how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting operations at JHU and how Hopkins experts and scientists are responding to the outbreak

Mehoke: As the outbreak progresses, this work will help us understand how well the virus is contained in Maryland.

So by looking at the genomic sequence of the virus causing COVID-19 in a particular person's sample, you can begin to understand how the virus is spreading because the genomic sequence looks a little different as the virus mutates and spreads in different geographic areas?

Thielen: Right. The initial two COVID-19 sequences that we've analyzed suggest that the viruses circulating locally have small genetic changes that are different from the ones circulating in, for example, Washington State. This suggests that the virus here in Maryland may have been imported from geographic locations other than China, because we expect that cases in Washington State were originally introduced from China. Logically, we're expecting that we would see more virus imported from European countries because of travel patterns. But we'll know more about whether or not that is true as we generate more sequences.

Are there other potential public health uses of your data?
Mehoke: Yes, you could use the genomic sequence to estimate the actual infected population size. So rather than just determining the number of people who have tested positive, from the genomes that we are seeing, we can estimate the total number of positive cases in the state, and that can give us a better understanding up-front of the scope of the problem. This is especially important given the limited scale of testing in some locations.

It seems like speed must be a really important part of this work. How was your lab able to start this research so quickly?

Thielen: For the last several years, our center and our partners have been developing capacity to analyze flu in preparation for whatever the next outbreak might be. We've had an eye on different pathogens that could lead to pandemics, and we can quickly modify all our resources.

Image caption:APL biologist Tom Mehoke reviews the DNA sequencing analysis of SARS-CoV-2, the virus causing COVID-19, at the molecular diagnostics laboratory at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

IMAGE CREDIT: JOHNS HOPKINS APL / ED WHITMAN

Mehoke: We don't want to be writing papers about this a year from now saying, "This is how the virus might be spreading." We want to get data into the hands of people who can do something with it right now. We're trying to make it as quick and as automated as possible to go from swabbing someone's nose to getting a genomic sequence.

How do you acquire the genetic material and then run the genomic sequence?
Mehoke: First, someone at the hospital swabs a patient's nose, and we pull genomic material out of that sample. We do this work on a little handheld DNA sequencer, which is smaller than a phone, that connects over USB to a laptop.

Thielen: We use data analysis software on our laptops to sequence the genome, and then upload the sequences directly into international databases. The databases can be accessed by people in the viral genomics community so that scientists around the world can have access to the widest array of data as possible.

How do the genomic sequencing collaborations between scientists across countries work?
Thielen: There is an incredible amount of international collaboration. We're working with the NIH's Fogarty International Center to collaborate with researchers in low- and middle-income countries to perform this type of work in those settings. Low- and middle-income countries are usually "data dark spots" during an outbreak. Now that these new technologies are available, low- and middle-income countries can pretty easily set up sequencing capacity using just a laptop computer and a handheld sequencer, without the need for large research laboratories. We are currently working to get our international collaborators up and running with the same capacity that we have at Johns Hopkins.

Mehoke: We're also working closely with the international ARTIC network. Their philosophy is that scientists should share data as much as possible and get information out quickly. We're very supportive of that philosophy. We're having conversations within and outside of Hopkins to share knowledge as much as we can.

Right now, we're working to analyze many genome sequences from SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, that are circulating in the Baltimore area and in Maryland. Our goal is to understand how the virus is evolving as it spreads. So far, there are over 1,000 COVID-19 genomes that have been published worldwide.
No workable vaccine will EVER exist
Yet Bill & Billinda Gatestein will have their population control Jab ready shortly

:beer:

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
No workable vaccine will EVER exist
Yet Bill & Billinda Gatestein will have their population control Jab ready shortly

:beer:
If anyone needed to die in a tragic plane crash its those two

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 1.51.39 PM.png

Top Doctor EXPOSES EVERYTHING The Deep State Is Trying To Hide About CV

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
A potential coronavirus vaccine funded by Bill Gates is set to begin testing in people, with the first patient expected to get it today
Andrew Dunn

6 hours ago

Researchers from the Weiner Laboratory work on a coronavirus vaccine. The Wistar Institute
  • Healthy volunteers in Philadelphia and Kansas City, Missouri, will begin testing an experimental coronavirus vaccine starting this week.
  • Inovio Pharmaceuticals, a small biotech in Pennsylvania, received regulatory clearance to begin testing. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and other nonprofits have poured funding into Inovio's vaccine project.
  • The biotech said it expects to have early safety data by late summer and aims to produce 1 million doses by the end of 2020.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A small Pennsylvania biotech company is planning to start injecting healthy volunteers with a potential coronavirus vaccine this week, after having received regulatory clearance to start clinical testing.

Researchers plan to dose the first person on Monday. The experimental vaccine was developed by Inovio Pharmaceuticals, and the effort has received funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations.

Inovio's candidate, called INO-4800, is the second potential coronavirus vaccine to start human trials in the US. The Massachusetts biotech Moderna started its safety trial in mid-March.

COVID-19 spread globally

CONFIRMED CASES
DEATHS
Global
United States
Last updated 21 hours ago using data from JHU CSSE

Anthony Fauci, the longtime leader of the National Institutes of Health's infectious-disease unit, has repeatedly said it will take at least a year to know if any vaccine is safe and effective against the virus.

For Inovio's vaccine study, the company is enrolling up to 40 healthy adult participants in Philadelphia, at the University of Pennsylvania's medical school, and in Kansas City, Missouri, at the Center for Pharmaceutical Research.

Each volunteer will receive two doses of the vaccine, four weeks apart. Inovio said it expects quick enrollment in the study and safety results by late summer. If those results are positive, the company will start another study focused on assessing the vaccine's efficacy against the virus.

Given the unprecedented global demand, any vaccine that proves to be safe and effective will face a major challenge in manufacturing.

Inovio said it was scaling up its production capabilities and aiming to have 1 million doses available by the end of 2020, which could be used in additional clinical trials or for emergencies.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
For Inovio's vaccine study, the company is enrolling up to 40 healthy adult participants
Why so few? How can we tell anything from such a small test?

Isn't that what they're saying about the HCQ trials that have been conducted? That only trying it on a few dozen people doesn't prove anything?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
POTUS CONFIRMS Human Trafficking MIL OPS

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Red Alert: COVID LOCKDOWN - Operation Chariot -- Brendi Wells

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Bill Gates is the single greatest threat to your future

Bill Gates is the single greatest threat to your future. His entire agenda is to outlaw all gatherings until you are vaccinated and chipped so they know you are vaccinated. This man is conspiring to take down Western culture. The Left has jumped on his band-wagon so rapidly, this is an unquestionable coup with the VERY SAME objective of the Global Warming he also has been pushing. We are in a very battle for our own freedom. He is wiping out the economy and all jobs unless you accept his agenda. He has destroyed small businesses and pushed his personal agenda to deprive people of their livelihoods and he has suppressed the poor even the worst. They were living pay-check to pay-check.

This is exactly the approach of Adolf Hitler took before he turned against the Jews. He was systematically killing invalids and war veterans who had been handicapped during World War I. They were inferior and this is what Gates is proposing with his vaccines that you are inferior without it. You either accept his chips, or you will be permanently confined to your house and starved to death I suppose because you will be unable to hold a job.

Hitler took the physically and mentally handicapped and viewed them as a threat to his Aryan race and these people were deemed as “useless” to society, and, ultimately, unworthy of life. There are countries already considering bans on entering the public unless you have been vaccinated. It is one thing if we were facing the Black Death with 50% death rates. We are running 10% of the death rate of the flu. So what is going on? This makes no sense for a virus. There will be many more so do we need a chip for every disease? Refuse and we are a threat to his great society? Sounds very Aryan race to me.

Hitler rose to power PRECISELY on the Pi Target – 1932.89. Bill Gates has unleashed his conspiracy against the people precisely on the turn of the ECM on January 18, 2020. There was a meeting in Switzerland where select people were told this virus would crash everything so get out of your stocks and bonds (this is not speculation or a guess).

We are looking at an authoritarian government coming to the West by 2024. Bill Gates is openly destroying the Industrial Revolution and proposing to imprison us unless we accept his dogma. When like minds such as his and Soros end up at the end place, it is called a conspiracy. Socialist politicians are far too eager to accept this simply because they know their systems are collapsing.

Bill Gates’ father was on the board of Planned Parenthood which many saw as a covert means to justify abortion among minorities in a very similar way to Hitler’s cleansing. Bill Gates in an interview said: “When I was growing up, my parents were almost involved in various volunteer things. My dad was head of Planned Parenthood. And it was very controversial to be involved with that. And so it’s fascinating. At the dinner table my parents are very good at sharing the things that they were doing. And almost treating us like adults, talking about that.”

His views of overpopulation are dominated in his CO2 arguments on how to prevent climate change by reducing the population. He and his puppet Fauci are trying to block anything other than his vaccine when studies in France have shown 100% effective use. Gates is cheering the death toll to support his agenda.

The leftist hate Trump and send me such hate mail while pretending to be pacifists. They think freedom is their right to force everyone else to comply with their vision. My vision is to just split the country and the left move left and everyone else moves to the right and construct a wall down the center. I believe you leave me alone and I will leave you alone. I was not born to be some else’s slave and do not want them to be my slave. They are not satisfied with that – they must oppress everyone to their idea. That is authoritarianism and they can’t even see that.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Where Have All the Heart Attacks Gone?
Except for treating Covid-19, many hospitals seem to be eerily quiet.

Credit...Stuart Bradford
By Harlan M. Krumholz, M.D.
  • April 6, 2020
The hospitals are eerily quiet, except for Covid-19.

I have heard this sentiment from fellow doctors across the United States and in many other countries. We are all asking: Where are all the patients with heart attacks and stroke? They are missing from our hospitals.

Yale New Haven Hospital, where I work, has almost 300 people stricken with Covid-19, and the numbers keep rising — and yet we are not yet at capacity because of a marked decline in our usual types of patients. In more normal times, we never have so many empty beds.

Our hospital is usually so full that patients wait in gurneys along the walls of the emergency department for a bed to become available on the general wards or even in the intensive care unit. We send people home from the hospital as soon as possible so we can free up beds for those who are waiting. But the pandemic has caused a previously unimaginable shift in the demand for hospital services.

Some of the excess capacity is indeed by design. We canceled elective procedures, though many of those patients never needed hospitalization. We are now providing care at home through telemedicine, but those services are for stable outpatients, not for those who are acutely ill.

What is striking is that many of the emergencies have disappeared. Heart attack and stroke teams, always poised to rush in and save lives, are mostly idle. This is not just at my hospital. My fellow cardiologists have shared with me that their cardiology consultations have shrunk, except those related to Covid-19. In an informal Twitter poll by @angioplastyorg, an online community of cardiologists, almost half of the respondents reported that they are seeing a 40 percent to 60 percent reduction in admissions for heart attacks; about 20 percent reported more than a 60 percent reduction.

And this is not a phenomenon specific to the United States. Investigators from Spain reported a 40 percent reduction in emergency procedures for heart attacks during the last week of March compared with the period just before the pandemic hit.

And it may not just be heart attacks and strokes. Colleagues on Twitter report a decline in many other emergencies, including acute appendicitis and acute gall bladder disease.

The most concerning possible explanation is that people stay home and suffer rather than risk coming to the hospital and getting infected with coronavirus. This theory suggests that Covid-19 has instilled fear of face-to-face medical care. As a result, many people with urgent health problems may be opting to remain at home rather than call for help. And when they do finally seek medical attention, it is often only after their condition has worsened. Doctors from Hong Kong reported an increase in patients coming to the hospital late in the course of their heart attack, when treatment is less likely to be lifesaving.

There are other possible explanations for the missing patients. In this time of social distancing, our meals, social interactions and physical activity patterns tend to be very different. Maybe we have removed some of the triggers for heart attacks and strokes, like excessive eating and drinking or abrupt periods of physical exertion. This theory merits research but seems unlikely to explain the dramatic changes we’re observing.

We actually expected to see more heart attacks during this time. Respiratory infections typically increase the risk of heart attacks. Studies suggest that recent respiratory infections can double the risk of a heart attack or stroke. The risk seems to begin soon after the respiratory infection develops, so any rise in heart attacks or strokes should be evident by now. We urge people to get flu vaccines every year, in part, to protect their hearts.

Also, times of stress increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes. Depression, anxiety and frustration, feelings that the pandemic might exacerbate, are all associated with a doubling or more of heart attack risks. Work and life stress, which also may be higher with the acute disruptions we’ve all been going through, can markedly increase the risk of a heart attack. Moreover, events like earthquakes or terrorist attacks or war, in which an entire society is exposed to a stressor, are risk factors for heart attacks. Finally, Covid-19 can actually affect the heart, which should be increasing the number of patients with heart problems.

Experts are bringing together data to confirm these patterns. We hope to gain a greater understanding of their causes and consequences.

Meanwhile, the immediate message to patients is clear: Don’t delay needed treatment. If fear of the pandemic leads people to delay or avoid care, then the death rate will extend far beyond those directly infected by the virus. Time to treatment dictates the outcomes for people with heart attacks and strokes. These deaths may not be labeled Covid-19 deaths, but surely, they are collateral damage.

The public needs to know that hospitals are equipped not only to care for people with Covid-19 but also those who have other life-threatening health problems. Yes, we in health care are working to keep people out of the hospital if we can, but we can safely provide care for those people who are not sick from Covid-19. Masks and protective gear for health care workers and patients go a long way to ensure a safe environment. Also, people with chronic conditions need to know that avoidance of needed care could ultimately be as big a threat as the virus itself.

As we fight coronavirus, we need to combat perceptions that everyone else must stay away from the hospital. The pandemic toll will be much worse if it leads people to avoid care for life-threatening, yet treatable, conditions like heart attacks and strokes.

Harlan Krumholz, M.D., is professor of medicine at Yale and director of the Yale New Haven Hospital Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
POTUS CONFIRMS Human Trafficking MIL OPS

Did you see when one of the 'journalists' (I use the term loosely) tried to interrupt him while he was talking about human trafficking and he simply brushed him/her/it aside? That jumped right out at me

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
CORONA CHRONICLES : BECAUSE LIES ARE THE VIRUS AND TRUTH IS THE CURE

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Interesting that Gilead Science is developing a C19 drug that Dr. Fauci recommends...

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 4.11.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 9.21.21 AM.png

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
St. Louis doc says wake up & realize what's going on! (Language)

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
St. Louis doc says wake up & realize what's going on! (Language)

This guy is laying it all out there! He's not happy, not happy at all

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The numbers are falling everywhere, Fauci and Frau Oberst Brix look like total idiots now. Even with the ginned up numbers, I doubt we will even see 25,000 deaths from this in the USA. The only way to really measure this will be to add up all respiratory-related deaths at year end and compare that to prior years. My prediction, no recognizable difference overall this year.

The end of this week would be the perfect time for Trump to drop his Queens-to-Queens-Level 3 play, take the country off red alert and let everyone know that the government bureaucrat-physicians were WRONG and worse, outright liars.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The end of this week would be the perfect time for Trump to drop his Queens-to-Queens-Level 3 play, take the country off red alert and let everyone know that the government bureaucrat-physicians were WRONG and worse, outright liars.
And many are under arrest.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Today’s COVID tips from Johns Hopkins University, sent this excellent summary to avoid contagion:

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.

* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.

* NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with antiobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.

* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.

* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.

* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.

* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.

* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.

* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.

* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.

* This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.

* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better. * Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

This is to inform us all that the pH for corona virus varies from 5.5 to 8.5.

*RESEARCH: JOURNAL OF VIROLOGY, APRIL 1991, PAGE 1916*

*All we need to do, to beat corona virus, we need to take more of alkaline foods that are above the above pH level of the Virus.*

Some of which are:
*Lemon - 9.9pH*
*Lime - 8.2pH*
*Avocado - 15.6pH*
*Garlic - 13.2pH*

*Mango - 8.7pH*
*Tangerine - 8.5pH*
*Pineapple - 12.7pH*
*Dandelion - 22.7pH*
*Orange - 9.2pH*

How do you know you have coronavirus?
*1. Itching in the throat,*
*2. Dry throat,*
*3. Dry cough.*

*So where you notice these three things quickly take warm water and drink.*

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Wuhan may be celebrating, but another Chinese city has gone into lockdown over coronavirus

The coronavirus lockdown may be over in Wuhan, but in another part of China, it appears to be just getting started.

Suifenhe, a city along China’s northern border with Russia, is now ordering residents to stay inside and only go outside for necessities once every three days, Reuters reports, citing state media.

The restrictive measures were issued after provincial health officials reported 25 new coronavirus cases there Tuesday, spurred by people entering China through a border checkpoint.