• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Chinese scientist turn copper to gold

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Chinese scientist turn copper to gold

This is a bit more accurate.

from the article:
.. transformed copper into a new material “almost identical” to gold,

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Probably not cost efficient but I’m pretty sure somebody somewhere has the technology to create gold or silver in a laboratory.

Last edited:

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Probably not cost efficient but I’m pretty sure somebody somewhere has the technology to create good or silver in a laboratory.
Then the entire periodic table, and the elements contained within, needs to be revisited,

Element:
  1. each of more than one hundred substances that cannot be chemically interconverted or broken down into simpler substances and are primary constituents of matter. Each element is distinguished by its atomic number, i.e., the number of protons in the nuclei of its atoms.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Probably not cost efficient but I’m pretty sure somebody somewhere has the technology to create good or silver in a laboratory.
IIRC the russians did it awhile back or maybe it was us but it was like 1/4 million an oz. Prices will need to move up a bit before that becomes worth while. :)

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
The second from last sentence in the article:

"The new material will be of little use for counterfeiters since its density remains the same as copper, therefore making fake gold bars with it would be worthless."

NotGold.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The second from last sentence in the article:

"The new material will be of little use for counterfeiters since its density remains the same as copper, therefore making fake gold bars with it would be worthless."

View attachment 120241
In other words, Chinese scientists turned copper gold COLOR.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
cool, I guess what they are implying is a one step plating prosses for electronics only.....what I am not getting is they say they make the electrons more dense and durable and the copper can be used as a catalyst similar to silver and gold. Gold has an oxidation state? I know there is black and orange gold but when you heat/melt it reverts to just gold.

You know this is going to bug me all day now and it most likely going to keep me awake because I just have to know.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
cool, I guess what they are implying is a one step plating prosses for electronics only.....what I am not getting is they say they make the electrons more dense and durable and the copper can be used as a catalyst similar to silver and gold. Gold has an oxidation state? I know there is black and orange gold but when you heat/melt it reverts to just gold.

You know this is going to bug me all day now and it most likely going to keep me awake because I just have to know.
Gold oxidation states
The oxidation state of gold in its compounds ranges from −1 to +5, but Au(I) and Au(III) dominate its chemistry. Au(I), referred to as the aurous ion, is the most common oxidation state with soft ligands such as thioethers, thiolates, and tertiary phosphines. Au(I) compounds are typically linear.
Gold - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
If you read the entire article carefully it begins to sound like someone’s selling snake oil:

“The procedure developed by Sun’s team can inject a large amount of energy into copper atoms and made the electrons more dense and stable, they said.”

Really?

“Ya canna change the laws o’ physics, Jim!!”

R.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
This new copper-based substance is just as much real gold as the virtual paper "gold" they trade in London and the Comex.
I chuckled.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Of course we know this whole topic is bullshit however; I did find this very good advice on none other than 4chan tonight. This guy nails it!

Gold and Silver are excellent purchases but there are a lot of charlatans out there in the market. There's an old financial saying which is really, really useful when it comes to precious metals - "The market can stay wrong longer than you can stay solvent." I absolutely, 100 percent believe that gold and silver are surefire winners - there's no way to reconcile a bunch of the contradictions and problems with the financial system without them skyrocketing in value.

But that's been the case for well over a decade now, and if you bet everything on gold/silver then chances are some unexpected financial shock is going to arrive between your purchase and the moonshot. If you have to sell before then, you're going to end up losing out - which is why you have to make sure you have a nice cushion of cash. They're a far superior long-term store of value to a standard bank account, but that's strictly in the long-term. Buy gold/silver, keep it safe and secure, and make sure that you don't HAVE to touch it until the time is right. You'll know when that time arrives WHEN it arrives, and not before - so make sure you can keep it that long.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Of course we know this whole topic is bullshit however; I did find this very good advice on none other than 4chan tonight. This guy nails it!

Gold and Silver are excellent purchases but there are a lot of charlatans out there in the market. There's an old financial saying which is really, really useful when it comes to precious metals - "The market can stay wrong longer than you can stay solvent." I absolutely, 100 percent believe that gold and silver are surefire winners - there's no way to reconcile a bunch of the contradictions and problems with the financial system without them skyrocketing in value.

But that's been the case for well over a decade now, and if you bet everything on gold/silver then chances are some unexpected financial shock is going to arrive between your purchase and the moonshot. If you have to sell before then, you're going to end up losing out - which is why you have to make sure you have a nice cushion of cash. They're a far superior long-term store of value to a standard bank account, but that's strictly in the long-term. Buy gold/silver, keep it safe and secure, and make sure that you don't HAVE to touch it until the time is right. You'll know when that time arrives WHEN it arrives, and not before - so make sure you can keep it that long.
Indeed. I've lived it! It was both a blessing and a curse to have to cash in unexpectedly.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
IIRC the russians did it awhile back or maybe it was us but it was like 1/4 million an oz. Prices will need to move up a bit before that becomes worth while. :)

The defense dept is missing a trillion dollars.

;)

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Why they gotta be shekels? Could have been Kruggerands....or Philharmonics...or Kooka Burras...but no...you had to reference shekels....

Gotta give you credit - you are as consistent as an atomic clock...

:beer:
Why not? I'm not selling them, I'm just pointing them out. Is there something about shekels that forbids they be part of a conversation? :secret: