• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Civil Rights For White People?

Ares

thats racist.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.

bonaparte

Nice clip. I remember when I was applying for jobs just out of college and I would read through a whole job posting only to see the last line read "Minorities and women strongly encouraged to apply". This was the mid to late 90's.

I am a white male so I knew what those words meant. I didn't even bother to apply for those jobs.

BigShiny

I agree that a whole new American identity is rising from the Tea Parties - an identity TPTB is starting to fear. Yes, the charge of "racism" is starting to lose its ability to kowtow and discredit. The Tea Parties could unite everyone not in the "Obama Coalition." For decades the nation has voted like this: Blacks, mestizos, Asians, Jews and (white) homosexuals, feminazis, and welfare rabble on the Democratic side, and mostly White, largely Christian, hardworking Americans on the other (Republican) side. Tea Partiers are threatening the Obama Coalition by pulling away the less committed elements of the Obama Coalition.

livtocruz

Seeker
Seeker
My family didn't even make an appearance in this country till the late 1900's. They were part of the great influx of Europeans that came through Ellis island at that time. One of my biggest beefs is that the term "slavery" is still brought up when referring to the blacks in this country and how they were wronged by our ancestors. This really pisses me off. Thanks BS for posting that commentary from DD.

One of my biggest beefs is that the term "slavery" is still brought up when referring to the blacks in this country and how they were wronged by our ancestors. This really pisses me off.

Me too. So far as I can determine, my ancestors NEVER owned slaves. They were pioneers who homesteaded, and through their own sweat and tears turned the windy, harsh climate of the Great Plains into a place people can reside and grow food year round.

This post is going to get me shot, but I'm going to post anyway: The same coalition which weeps endlessly about the "legacy of slavery" ALSO promotes mass immigration of mestizoes so business can CONTINUE to have cheap labor. Mestizoes work for less than the cost of their living here. Since their employers don't pay them enough to live (and get ahead through savings) they are wage-slaves.

At LEAST the old plantation owners, because he had invested his money in his purchase of his slave, provided the bare minimum of food, clothing, shelter and medical care to his slaves at his own cost. He did so for the same reason he took care of his horses.

Today's modern version of slave-owners (the employers who exploit illegals) push the COST of the illegals' upkeep onto taxpayers (free lunch and schooling for the kids, "free" medical care at the ER which the County and insureds pay for, food stamps, etc.) So the modern plantation owners are SOCIALIZING the costs while PRIVATIZING the profits. Nice setup -- for them.

BigShiny

Those are great points about mestizos getting exploited worse than black slaves. When you think of it, the slave owner took care of his property because it was his for tomorrow's and next year's work as well. Today's slaveowners just call the INS when their illegal mestizo workers start demanding more wages and better conditions and then they just find more illegals to work the next month. As cold as it sounds, it's the difference between how you would care for a car you own vs. a car that you are renting for a month. That's not saying there weren't horrible injustices under slavery...

sholomar

this isn't just happening in america, either... in Europe, too, they have a problem with governments promoting open immigration, a sort of melting pot society, against the public's better judgment.. except they don't get mexicans, they get arabs I guess. It seems to be a feature promoted by certain segments within power in the governments of developed nations. I'll leave it up to you to decide who those segments are.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
As a black person, I have to say that affirmative action is reverse racism... If you want everyone to be equal, then you have to treat everyone equally.