• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Classy SOVEREIGNS anyone? From around the world

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
These came from a GIM'er in Ontario, Canada - a few years back. They were raw and reasonable then. Sent them into NGC later.

He even THREW in a 1/2 Sovereign 1914 - it is - "for free." He's a dealer therein. He had a FASTCAR type name.

Enjoy. 500 years of SOVEREIGNS...

Just checked populations:

On the 1/2 Sov. none higher; One Sovereign only 1 higher; Two Sovereign 6 higher. When GRADED back in 2009 none were higher - populations always GROW!

Attachments

Last edited:

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
The various ways you can find sovereigns around the world. Plus the FREE BE that a great GIM'er threw in for fun. I even beat IRONS on that ones.
The others I showed above were around $1,100 back then if my old memory serves correctly and IT does...

Attachments

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
These are the FIVE dollar Canada they made at the same time as the SOVEREIGNS.

A three year set this was #2 when I had it up on NGC. IN SETS.

Attachments

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Right now to me is just like 2001 all over again. I think you still have a ten times run coming up between now and 2018. Now that may be in deflationary terms whereas
the govy LOPS (cuts off) two zeros on the money. A hundred is a BUCK etcetera. a Thousand bucks is ten dollars.

But gold would be fifty then; just like a AGE 1 oz. today.

The golden constant.

Jastram's 500 year study of gold in a book. A $500 book or just....

Study Dan Ascansi on gold-eagle research

Last edited:

proto123

The only way I'd touch sovereigns is if they were slabbed. There are many counterfeits floating around.
There is risk - but if you buy from a reputable dealer and check weight / size, you'll be OK. I would (and am) take this risk for non-nuministic versions of sovereigns. Anything of value over spot, I would have slabbed.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The only way I'd touch sovereigns is if they were slabbed. There are many counterfeits floating around.
There are many who would say you have it backwards.

If not in a slab, it can get put on a scale and measured with calipers. Kinda hard to do that through the plastic.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Bragging story:

Back around 2006 ish a fellow had 32 1925 Sovereigns BU for sale on EBAYER (aspirin type) so I bought them
pretty cheap around $120 ea. Then when i got them I bought the SOVEREIGN BOOK (great & out of print)
and found out that they made these in the 1950s as a reprint against the guy with the Swiss Mint making their
coins. (they were after him minting their copyright - and he gave them the finger - I think he won - but had to stop
because they had to start up again with ELIZABETH II in the late fifties-early sixties)

So here I was with 32 really nice coins with the date 1925 (dad's birthday & still above ground) on them.

I sent them in and slabbed them. They can NOT tell the 1925 from the 1950s redo so they all have a 1925
on the slab. They are all really really good because they were made better than the 1925 ones because MERRY
OLE England was pi$$ed off. They came back half MS64 1/4 MS63 1/4 MS62 = soon they'll be up over $500
to $1000 when gold busts off between now and new August. Rule # 2 study the history.

PS moral is buy the books and learn to SLAB with the GREAT slabbers NGC/PCGS.

PS they are now not bullion but really BS numismatics = :cool05::cool05::cool05::cool05: