• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Clearest picture of the Sun ☉ ever Recorded

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Is this even a real image of the sun? (edited)

FB_IMG_1652468131279.jpg

Photo cred : Jason Guenzel

The Sun is not made of fire, its energy comes from nuclear fusion to its heart, where the temperature exceeds 15 million degrees and the pressure is immense. It melts hydrogen atoms, turning them into helium, releasing energy in the form of light and heat in the process.

Every second, it converts 600 million tonnes of hydrogen into 596 million tonnes of helium, the 4 million tonnes of missing matter is converted into energy - a process that will continue for the next 5 billion years.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is this even a real image?
All "images" are real, even the cgi ones. If it wasn't an image, there wouldn't be anything there.

Or by "real", are you referring to a single shot exposure of visible light onto a photographic film?

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
All "images" are real, even the cgi ones. If it wasn't an image, there wouldn't be anything there.

Or by "real", are you referring to a single shot exposure of visible light onto a photographic film?
Tough crowd today :laughing:

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Yes reminds me of a typical NASA "photo"

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Yes reminds me of a typical NASA "photo"

I have 3ish questions:

1) Where are the hydrogen atoms coming from? What’s generating them?

2) Where is the energy going? What’s consuming it?

3) What are the side effects and products on the sun itself?

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
So, the sun isn't real???
I don't think he's saying that. It appears to me that BB is questioning the big brain scientist's big brain explanations for what happens on the Sun and why it's so hot and bright

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think he's saying that. It appears to me that BB is questioning the big brain scientist's big brain explanations for what happens on the Sun and why it's so hot and bright
Does he have a better and more plausible theory?

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know one thing...it didn't come from nothingness exploding.
If you think that the big bang theory says that "nothingness" exploded, you obviously don't understand the theory.
...but no surprise there.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Does anyone know Nikola Tesla's thoughts about the sun?

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The Sun of God

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The remarkable close-up image is a combination of 150,000 layered pictures
(Image: @Cosmic_Background / Animal News Agency)

'Clearest ever' photo of the sun captured in stunning space image - leaving fans in awe​

By Benjamin LynchTrends Writer
A new photo of the sun has been revealed in amazing detail, showing close-ups of sun spots and the star's surface. The picture was developed by American astrophotographer Andrew McCarthy and is dubbed the 'clearest ever' photo of its kind

An amazing new picture of the sun has been revealed in stunning detail that has left photography fans in awe.

The astrophotographer who took it claims that he has snapped what he considers to be the 'clearest ever photo of the sun'.

Andrew McCarthy's photo is indeed stunning and is a combination of 150,000 layered pictures to show the key to life on Earth in remarkable detail.

The sun can be very difficult to photograph because of how bright it is and the heat it generates. Amateur photographers across the world try (and often fail) to snap a good picture of the star.

In the picture, fiery wisps and dark sunspots litter the deep, orange glow of the giant ball of gas approximately 93 million miles away from us.

The remarkable close-up image of the sun took a significant amount of work to process.

Andrew told the Daily Mail : 'It isn't until I am done processing an image that I actually see what it really looks like, and this was a very special one.

"I always get excited about photographing the sun, it is really interesting because it is always different.

"While the moon is more of a benchmark of how clear the skies are, the sun is never boring and it was a very good day on the sun that day."

Astrophotographer snaps his 'clearest ever photo of the SUN' - a 230 megapixel image made up from 100,000 pictures​

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I know. Was just being a smart ass. While some here have the capacity to explore and try to figure out the whys and hows of this creation, I don't and I try not to lose sleep over such stuff. Is it even possible to put a name on whatever is this creation?

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
If you think that the big bang theory says that "nothingness" exploded, you obviously don't understand the theory.
...but no surprise there.
Great please enlighten me and explain what exploded then.

Scorpio

Разыскиваются украинские блондинки
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
again, it is not a photo of anything,
it is a composition created by an artist of thousands of supposed images,

so we get to choose, do we consider it somewhat accurate, or a picture of a tennis ball

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great please enlighten me and explain what exploded then.
The point is that it wasn't the "nothingness", as you put it, that exploded.
....and it's just a theory, but a theory that explains why we see, what we see.

Instead of "nothingness" blowing up, think of it moreso as balloon.
A balloon's mass is the same whether it is inflated or deflated. Its expansion merely makes what is already there, bigger.

For all we know, what we call the Big Bang could've just been God uttering, "Let there be light!".
....and then BANG!

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

A balloon's mass is the same whether it is inflated or deflated. Its expansion merely makes what is already there, bigger.

For all we know, what we call the Big Bang could've just been God uttering, "Let there be light!".
....and then BANG!
Either way we're dealing with concepts beyond the ability of humans comprehension. Nothingness to us here might mean something different there. We've got to remember that the visible spectrum of light and all of the other wavelengths of energy are just what we've discovered to date.

The finer the particle the greater its energy.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
So you don't believe in the atheist origins myth that everything came from nothing? So you believe is that the universe is eternal? You're claiming there was never a "nothing" or "nothingness", if so then you believe the universe is eternal.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
So you don't believe in the atheist origins myth that everything came from nothing? So you believe is that the universe is eternal? You're claiming there was never a "nothing" or "nothingness", if so then you believe the universe is eternal.
How do you come up with that? He claims nothing. He offered no "beliefs". Jeez. He tried to be helpful by giving you a balloon example to explain how something could exist in hugely different forms, and still be composed of the same original stuff -- and you went sideways with it.

Three "believes" one "myth" and a conclusion reached (light years reach) from nothing.

There It Is.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Wrong (again). The balloon in your example is not a closed system. Air has mass. External air (outside the system) is pushed into the balloon to fill it. The mass is dependant on the air injected inside. A helium filled balloon becomes lighter for example.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
This is probably not the first expansion of the universe. It could expand to whatever defines it's potential based on the energy present and then collapse in on itself in a never ending cycle.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
How do you come up with that? He claims nothing. He offered no "beliefs". Jeez. He tried to be helpful by giving you a balloon example to explain how something could exist in hugely different forms, and still be composed of the same original stuff -- and you went sideways with it.

Three "believes" one "myth" and a conclusion reached (light years reach) from nothing.

There It Is.
You're right he did provide a rather crappy balloon example that does not explain "how something could exist in hugely different forms". The balloon was there in the beginning allowed external air into it and thus in the end was a balloon with external air allowed inside. How does that give us insight into a the atheist origins myth that nothing exploded and created everything? If we use the balloon example, there would be external atoms that were injected into the singularity causing it to expand, which still does nothing to explain where the "singularity" came from or where the external atoms came from.

Just because one states something as a statement doesn't mean it isn't a belief. If I stated "God created the heavens and the earth by speaking them into existence", according to your criteria you just provided, I haven't stated a "belief" or a "claim"? Good to know.

There it is.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
This is probably not the first expansion of the universe. It could expand to whatever defines it's potential based on the energy present and then collapse in on itself in a never ending cycle.
You can believe in any origins fairy tale you want. That's not science. It's actually anti-science as it breaks multiple known laws of science: i.e. 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
You're right he did provide a rather crappy balloon example that does not explain "how something could exist in hugely different forms". The balloon was there in the beginning allowed external air into it and thus in the end was a balloon with external air allowed inside. How does that give us insight into a the atheist origins myth that nothing exploded and created everything? If we use the balloon example, there would be external atoms that were injected into the singularity causing it to expand, which still does nothing to explain where the "singularity" came from or where the external atoms came from.

Just because one states something as a statement doesn't mean it isn't a belief. If I stated "God created the heavens and the earth by speaking them into existence", according to your criteria you just provided, I haven't stated a "belief" or a "claim"? Good to know.

There it is.
The explanation -- which went by you -- was not meant to be exact. It was a way for you to possibly conceive the current theory. That is all.

It didn't work for you. Pity.

andial

Stable Republican
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Is this even a real image of the sun? (edited)

View attachment 258980
Photo cred : Jason Guenzel

The Sun is not made of fire, its energy comes from nuclear fusion to its heart, where the temperature exceeds 15 million degrees and the pressure is immense. It melts hydrogen atoms, turning them into helium, releasing energy in the form of light and heat in the process.

Every second, it converts 600 million tonnes of hydrogen into 596 million tonnes of helium, the 4 million tonnes of missing matter is converted into energy - a process that will continue for the next 5 billion years.
Shag carpet?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do you come up with that? He claims nothing. He offered no "beliefs". Jeez.
Goldielox likes to read stuff into things that just aren't there. Lol

He tried to be helpful by giving you a balloon example to explain how something could exist in hugely different forms, and still be composed of the same original stuff -- and you went sideways with it.
Exactly. Thank you.

Wrong (again). The balloon in your example is not a closed system. Air has mass.
It was just an analogy, using the material of the balloon itself.

Whatever might have caused the Big Bang, if it is even true, it is beyond our current understanding.

As I said, it is merely a theory that serves to explain why we see, what we see.

No more, no less.

Can you come up with a better theory as to how all this stuff we see, began? ...and that also has at least some evidence that shows that it could be true?

You're right he did provide a rather crappy balloon example that does not explain "how something could exist in hugely different forms
Just tried to provide an example that someone who thinks space had a temperature might be able to comprehend.

Sorry for being wrong. My bad.

You can believe in any origins fairy tale you want. That's not science.
So which fairy stories do you subscribe to?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Reactions: Rob
Status
Not open for further replies.