• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Clearest picture of the Sun ☉ ever Recorded

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
This is probably not the first expansion of the universe. It could expand to whatever defines it's potential based on the energy present and then collapse in on itself in a never ending cycle.
Exactly everything is cyclical and the best analogy is probably our lungs and our breath with each expansion and contraction there's a give and take, or in take and an exhaust. Why wouldn't the larger cosmic body also have this feature?

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
The explanation -- which went by you -- was not meant to be exact. It was a way for you to possibly conceive the current theory. That is all.

It didn't work for you. Pity.
You're right it didn't work for me because the theory is untenable hogwash.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Goldielox likes to read stuff into things that just aren't there. Lol

Exactly. Thank you.

It was just an analogy, using the material of the balloon itself.

Whatever might have caused the Big Bang, if it is even true, it is beyond our current understanding.

As I said, it is merely a theory that serves to explain why we see, what we see.

No more, no less.

Can you come up with a better theory as to how all this stuff we see, began? ...and that also has at least some evidence that shows that it could be true?

Just tried to provide an example that someone who thinks space had a temperature might be able to comprehend.

Sorry for being wrong. My bad.

So which fairy stories do you subscribe to?
The theory explains nothing we observe. Any theory that contradicts known laws of physics should be thrown into the garbage bin.

You said you were an expert and I was ignorant of the Big Bang theory. You said I was wrong about "nothing exploding creating everything". I asked what exploded then and I'm waiting for your answer. Since you told me I'm wrong and you in your infinite wisdom were educated on the matter, then why are you now saying "if it is even true"?

So what exploded? And where did it come from? Is the universe eternal? If your answers to these simple questions are "you don't know" then why are you arguing for something you know nothing about? That seems to be a pattern with you. So let's get an answer to your origins myth questions. These aren't minutia, these are basic key tenets that if there's no answer then there's no theory.

That you for once admitting you were wrong and apologizing. I think in about 20 threads where you've been exposed, this is the first time you've admitted such.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Exactly everything is cyclical and the best analogy is probably our lungs and our breath with each expansion and contraction there's a give and take, or in take and an exhaust. Why wouldn't the larger cosmic body also have this feature?
It's a horrible example because the Big Bang theory would have to explain where the lungs came from. We observe the lungs breathing, that's real science: repeatable and observable. The Big Bang equivalent would be the idea that the lungs exploded into existence from nothing and started breathing.

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It's a horrible example because the Big Bang theory would have to explain where the lungs came from. We observe the lungs breathing, that's real science: repeatable and observable. The Big Bang equivalent would be the idea that the lungs exploded into existence from nothing and started breathing.

The big bang is pure nonsense.... the big bang cannot explain why there are galaxies that swirl & spin both clock wise & counter clock wise.... if thete wasa big bang, all of the oldest formations woukd spin in the same direction.... NEXT!

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
these are points of intellect our scientists should be speaking and writing about...but without the drama, they're just not going to be listened to anymore and it's so much easier to just vomit up the old science since the school textbooks all pretty much say the same thing: 'your science and god don't exist but ours do, now carry on'
subtitled:
"We Really Don't Know, and Now You Know Even Less"

i'm fed up with the sea of ignorance we find ourselves floating in, but it's not just that

if someone doesn't know, say it...don't just make stuff up

this post is aimed at the professional 'scientists' and their contradictory world views based upon nothing 'new', not aimed at anyone here

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
They're called 'theories' for a reason....because no scientist....not a single one, has been able to the provide the proof necessary to convert theory into fact! Arguing angrily about theories and insulting those who don't buy into 'yours' seems a bit idiotic to me but whatever...

Carry on defending your theories to the death my big brained brothers and sisters. If you like your scientific theories, you can fight for your scientific theories!

The entertainment factor in this thread amuses me more than I expected!

Last edited:

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
The world of physics split in two very shortly after WW2, with one tine of the fork disappearing into the nebulous world of the MIC and the other being the physics bandied about by everyone in academia to this day.

I was in this world and from the very outset, I knew there was something fundamentally wrong with the state of affairs. It wasn't until I left academia that I figured out that there was a parallel but hidden path that shadowed the overt physics world, one that was centuries, even millenia in advance of what could be considered the state of the art right now. There was a rubicon type event that caused the schism in the world of physics, something that handed the MIC a wealth of knowledge the likes of which they had never seen. The MIC knew even then that should the knowledge that came from this event ever get into the public domain, their control of the planet was over. So they formulated a way to funnel the assets of the US into the biggest R&D program ever concocted (ongoing to this day) to examine the knowledge and data they received and undertake further advancement. The sort of money expended to this end is unknown, however considering the "black budget" has conservatively been known to be valued in the hundreds of billions of dollars a year, if not a trillion over the past 75 years or so...

The world of physics we all know is an organic (but erroneous) continuance from the work being undertaken in the 1930's (quantum mechanics and its siblings, QED (quantum electodynamics) and QCD (quantum chromodynamics)). From what I've been able to determine, the goldmine the MIC came across basically showed that quantum mechanics was "not even wrong" to paraphrase Pauli. Whatever they found (and since spent a kings ransom researching) showed a far greater fundamental understanding of the universe totally removed from the concepts and theorems being discussed at the time (and even today).

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The world of physics split in two very shortly after WW2, with one tine of the fork disappearing into the nebulous world of the MIC and the other being the physics bandied about by everyone in academia to this day.

I was in this world and from the very outset, I knew there was something fundamentally wrong with the state of affairs. It wasn't until I left academia that I figured out that there was a parallel but hidden path that shadowed the overt physics world, one that was centuries, even millenia in advance of what could be considered the state of the art right now. There was a rubicon type event that caused the schism in the world of physics, something that handed the MIC a wealth of knowledge the likes of which they had never seen. The MIC knew even then that should the knowledge that came from this event ever get into the public domain, their control of the planet was over. So they formulated a way to funnel the assets of the US into the biggest R&D program ever concocted (ongoing to this day) to examine the knowledge and data they received and undertake further advancement. The sort of money expended to this end is unknown, however considering the "black budget" has conservatively been known to be valued in the hundreds of billions of dollars a year, if not a trillion over the past 75 years or so...

The world of physics we all know is an organic (but erroneous) continuance from the work being undertaken in the 1930's (quantum mechanics and its siblings, QED (quantum electodynamics) and QCD (quantum chromodynamics)). From what I've been able to determine, the goldmine the MIC came across basically showed that quantum mechanics was "not even wrong" to paraphrase Pauli. Whatever they found (and since spent a kings ransom researching) showed a far greater fundamental understanding of the universe totally removed from the concepts and theorems being discussed at the time (and even today).
yeah, and at the end of the say, all we got was Super Glue

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
yeah, and at the end of the say, all we got was Super Glue
I put Super Glue right up there with Duct Tape , and bendable coat hangers.
;)

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
You can believe in any origins fairy tale you want. That's not science. It's actually anti-science as it breaks multiple known laws of science: i.e. 1st and 2nd Laws of Thermodynamics.
Like I thought, disproving proven science with proven science. Somebody's confused AF

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
getting harder to find

and those plastic ones are just too thick to bend...

:green tea:

are you sure it's not Duck?¿?

i've read that around here somewhere

:rocket:
Buckster, I just did a closet cleaning the other day and consolidated the hangers and there's one special, extra thick, extra wide wire hanger that I found years ago.

Next to the plastic store jobbies, it's akin to a modern Kia hood next to a 1950's Chevy hood.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Buckster, I just did a closet cleaning the other day and consolidated the hangers and there's one special, extra thick, extra wide wire hanger that I found years ago.

Next to the plastic store jobbies, it's akin to a modern Kia hood next to a 1950's Chevy hood.
and those manufacturers still making wire hangers, who try to scrimp and save a little money on their product, have replaced the longest, straightest section, of that hanger, with a cardboard tube

that tube is only good for filling my garbage can because it won't unlock anything

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
and those manufacturers still making wire hangers, who try to scrimp and save a little money on their product, have replaced the longest, straightest section, of that hanger, with a cardboard tube

that tube is only good for filling my garbage can because it won't unlock anything
Fark that dumb tube and those chintzy chinesium hangers that are so flimsy they'll hold on themselves.

Slightly near topic.... Is there a single person on this board who can properly fold a fitted sheet......?

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I took this picture with my equipment.
1652631504528.png

But am I real?
Am I on the NASA payroll?

Enquirering minds want to know....maybe you have an Enquirering mind?
1652631962255.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
The theory explains nothing we observe.
There is in fact some evidence that it is true.
....and that's far more than can be said for many of your ideas on it.

Any theory that contradicts known laws of physics should be thrown into the garbage bin.
Which known laws of physics might that be?

You said you were an expert and I was ignorant of the Big Bang theory.
I never said that I was an expert on the theory. All I've done, is provide you with the basic idea of it and that it does not include the idea of "nothingness exploding" as you mistakenly believe.
....and that does in fact show that you are ignorant of the workings of the theory.

You said I was wrong about "nothing exploding creating everything"
Yes, because you were in fact wrong on that point. No where in the theory does it contend that "nothingness" exploded.

I asked what exploded then and I'm waiting for your answer.
All the stuff in the Universe. It was originally all much closer together.

Since you told me I'm wrong and you in your infinite wisdom were educated on the matter, then why are you now saying "if it is even true"?
Duh! Because it is just a theory.

To know for sure would require a trip in my time machine, and I just haven't had time to check it out yet.

So what exploded?
Again, everything in the Universe.
Ie: we are inside of said "explosion".

And where did it come from?
No one knows.

If your answers to these simple questions are "you don't know" then why are you arguing for something you know nothing about?
I wasn't arguing for anything.

Again, all I tried to do was to point out that the theory does not say, and has never said, what you attributed it to saying.

Ie: you were misrepresenting the theory. I corrected you. Now you have some kind of chip on your shoulder over it.

That seems to be a pattern with you.
A pattern of trying to correct willful ignorance, perhaps.

if there's no answer then there's no theory.
That's the dumbest thing you've ever posted.

If we had all the answers, a theory about it would not be necessary.

A theory is only a hypothesis that actually has some amount of evidence supporting it.

That you for once admitting you were wrong and apologizing.
Again, your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.

What I said sorry for, was for me having thought i could explain something in a way that someone who thinks that empty space has a temperature, might be able to understand.
....but I was wrong about that, as you are making it very clear that you can not understand it.

The big bang is pure nonsense.... the big bang cannot explain why there are galaxies that swirl & spin both clock wise & counter clock wise.... if thete wasa big bang, all of the oldest formations woukd spin in the same direction.... NEXT!
Why would you think that everything would need to spin the exact same way?

and those plastic ones are just too thick to bend...
Heat 'em up first, and you can bend 'em however you want.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I took this picture with my equipment.
View attachment 259335
But am I real?
Am I on the NASA payroll?

Enquirering minds want to know....maybe you have an Enquirering mind?
Damn FG! That's impressive AF
1652631881532.png

You (someone)should post a snapshot of your observatory to help elicit understanding.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Before the Observatory was built.
Holy smokes....even more impressive!

I was working outside on a flagstone patio yesterday in the sun and couldn't believe the change in energy given off by that thing yesterday versus a month ago.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now the thread is actually getting somewhere.

Slightly near topic.... Is there a single person on this board who can properly fold a fitted sheet......?
Absolutely!

The proper way to fold a fitted sheet is even easier than understanding the Big Bang Theory.

First, using one hand, grab your sheet right in the middle and pick it up.

Then using the other hand, collect the hanging part together.

Then using both hands, wad the whole thing into a ball and jam it into an open drawer.

At that point, you have successfully folded your fitted sheet.

Or you could try doing it in the totally f'ed way shown in this vid.
...but it takes a bit longer than doing it the correct way.

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Before the Observatory was built.
View attachment 259340
Dude that's super badass!

That scene really conveys the incessant drive of curiosity fueling the man with the camera. Well done.

Some people like to sit behind their keyboards after watching some idiot who did too many drugs and tell us what's going on out there based upon some memes or retarded extrapolations. Meanwhile guys like Foolsgold are like, "yeah? Well I'm going to look for myself!"

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Now the thread is actually getting somewhere.

Absolutely!

The proper way to fold a fitted sheet is even easier than understanding the Big Bang Theory.

First, using one hand, grab your sheet right in the middle and pick it up.

Then using the other hand, collect the hanging part together.

Then using both hands, wad the whole thing into a ball and jam it into an open drawer.

At that point, you have successfully folded your fitted sheet.
Lol, I unintentionally barked

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I benefitted from GIM. It encouraged me to buy PMs and protect my savings. It encouraged me to acquire guns for self defense.

But GIM and GIM2 has taught me ZERO about the Universe and the shape of planets (LOL).

I guess I should get less upset about the garbage I read on here but it does bug me.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
again, it is not a photo of anything,
it is a composition created by an artist of thousands of supposed images,

so we get to choose, do we consider it somewhat accurate, or a picture of a tennis ball
Maybe it is a close-up of my "hip ball" :gracious:
MY HIP BALL.jpg

newmisty

Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Here's a video I made of the SUN. Be my guest post process it into a still image. Then tell me the Earth is not flat LOL.

A long video of Jupiter.

A video of Saturn

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, I unintentionally barked
There is one more step to my sheet folding method that I forgot to add, but one that some readers will find absolutely invaluable.

After shoving the wadded fitted sheetball into the drawer, its important to remember to disavow any knowledge of how it got there when your wife inevitably asks about it.

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I benefitted from GIM.
Any chance of paying GIM back with a nice pic of the Moon eclipsed tonight?

Per my understanding, this will be the last one for about 20 years or so.
....that's also visible on our side of the Globe at a somewhat reasonable hour. All the rest for many years to come, will be in the wee hours of the night. (2-5AM range).

This one's mostly before midnight.

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Any chance of paying GIM back with a nice pic of the Moon eclipsed tonight?

Per my understanding, this will be the last one for about 20 years or so.
....that's also visible on our side of the Globe at a somewhat reasonable hour. All the rest for many years to come, will be in the wee hours of the night. (2-5AM range).

This one's mostly before midnight.
No can do Joe.
1) Takes hours for me to switch out scopes and cameras.
2) Weather forecast sucks..
1652635502391.png

3) It ain't happening here.
1652635456414.png