• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Climate Change

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
If Climate Change is de facto science, then why am I forced to believe in it?
"Climate change" is the natural state of affairs on planet earth.

If the climate ever stops changing, then we're doomed.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yet the Left believes they can tax the richer nations to global health, but they can not stop a creek or river from over flowing its banks.
LEFT and GREENIES :stfu:

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If Climate Change is de facto science, then why am I forced to believe in it?
You aren't. You are challenged to understand it.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
OR Not.
Why stress over fallacies.
Real life situations can be enough to deal without "Once Upon a Time in a Mental State Far Far Away.....".

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Here is what all the hubbub is about. Temperature variations have risen nearly a half a degree since 1940 or 1980 if you prefer. Half a degree. For whatever reason they have chosen a particular time frame as 'normal'. It is interesting that stark nothingness took place between 1940 and 1980 as you'd think that would be a time of great uptick in man made warming.
There is data and there is interpretation. My take is we are not all going to die in 12 years or the poles melt and flood Tampa due to statistical anomaly such as this. In fact, who determined this is even bad news or news at all? I don't subscribe to its being used as a political hammer and scare tactic. Of course the tiny graph scale makes it look more concerning than it should. That's by design. If one were to pan out to a reasonable scale it wouldn't be much more than a straight line.

nasa_tempdatasets_575x271.png

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Here is what all the hubbub is about. Temperature variations have risen nearly a half a degree since 1940 or 1980 if you prefer. Half a degree. For whatever reason they have chosen a particular time frame as 'normal'. It is interesting that stark nothingness took place between 1940 and 1980 as you'd think that would be a time of great uptick in man made warming.
There is data and there is interpretation. My take is we are not all going to die in 12 years or the poles melt and flood Tampa due to statistical anomaly such as this. In fact, who determined this is even bad news or news at all? I don't subscribe to its being used as a political hammer and scare tactic. Of course the tiny graph scale makes it look more concerning than it should. That's by design. If one were to pan out to a reasonable scale it wouldn't be much more than a straight line.

View attachment 124893
And this is the data that they NEVER show - notice the graph that you linked starts in 1880...at the peak of the last cooling period. Let's look back 600k years...and you'll see that .5C is NOTHING.

You can see the cooling trend during the last portion of the "Holocene" period...which, by the way, has been one of the MOST stable periods of climate in the last 600k years.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The temperature anomaly hasn't been 0.5c for twenty years.
In 2016 it was 0.94c
2015 was 0.90c
2018 there was some reversion to the mean, I think it was about 0.70c

So, your numbers are off by 50% - 100%.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
big drop in temp last few years, no? some guy i was listening to on the radio was citing the numbers

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
BRAVO !!!
1551049420143.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
... yes... it does.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
And this is the data that they NEVER show - notice the graph that you linked starts in 1880...at the peak of the last cooling period. Let's look back 600k years...and you'll see that .5C is NOTHING.

You can see the cooling trend during the last portion of the "Holocene" period...which, by the way, has been one of the MOST stable periods of climate in the last 600k years.

As you can clearly see in that graph, all the way to the right, the trend is down. If we drop 15-20 degrees and go back to the planets average for the last 100k years then Georgia or thereabouts becomes New england. Probably not going to want to live further north than that. On the plus side snow packs would increase in the north and ocean levels would go down. Gives us a little more land down south and around the equator.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
As you can clearly see in that graph, all the way to the right, the trend is down. If we drop 15-20 degrees and go back to the planets average for the last 100k years then Georgia or thereabouts becomes New england. Probably not going to want to live further north than that. On the plus side snow packs would increase in the north and ocean levels would go down. Gives us a little more land down south and around the equator.
Yes...but why doesn't the media and academia cover the climate prior to1880? They even twist the facts by stating "warmest year on RECORD" but don't conveniently inform people that the OFFICIAL RECORD only started in 1880 (NWS foundation).

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yes...but why doesn't the media and academia cover the climate prior to1880? They even twist the facts by stating "warmest year on RECORD" but don't conveniently inform people that the OFFICIAL RECORD only started in 1880 (NWS foundation).
Because they want stupid people to buy their BS. Looks like it's working. We have a bartender in congress that thinks the world will end in 12 years. My guess is she will be traveling with nancy a lot making her drinks.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
The temperature anomaly hasn't been 0.5c for twenty years.
In 2016 it was 0.94c
2015 was 0.90c
2018 there was some reversion to the mean, I think it was about 0.70c

So, your numbers are off by 50% - 100%.
Tell me, what is the temperature of the earth 'supposed' to be? If not for man, what would it be?

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Global warming is the religion of the stupid.

You may be aware, many people are not…

Apologies if it is a bit egg sucky.

Scientific method NEVER proves ANYTHING, it can only disprove. It's a fundamental tenet of science that EVERYTHING is open to review and being disproved. Nothing is settled EVER! To shut down any conversation about any science is fundamentally anti scientific.

Climate science my ass, climate politics supported by broke ass models is a better description.

Modelling isn’t science either BTW.

End rant…

LOL

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
You may be aware, many people are not…

Apologies if it is a bit egg sucky.

Scientific method NEVER proves ANYTHING, it can only disprove what isn't. It's a fundamental tenant of science that EVERYTHING is open to review and being disproved. Nothing is settled EVER! To shut down any conversation about any science is fundamentally anti scientific.

Climate science my ass, climate politics supported by broke ass models is a better description.

Modelling isn’t science either BTW.

End rant…

LOL
I scoop up Petoskey stones in Lake Michigan and the inland lakes around the coast when I'm looking for Gold rings. They are really cool looking fossilized coral. Because 420 million or so years ago the Great Lakes region was a really warm shallow ocean. It was an ocean for 60 million years.
There were massive coral reefs in the area that is now Traverse City, and we find pieces of them.

Man's existence on earth is literally a grain of sand on a beach. To think that we could change the climate in 100 years is freaking insanity.
The entire human race could be gone in another 5,000 years and every trace that we were ever here gone in a million more.
And the earth would not give a shit either way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petoskey_stone

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
To think that we could change the climate in 100 years is freaking insanity.
A vanity beyond belief. One volcano out does a years worth of our effort. We may add a tiny amount but really... yes, it's like these people are blind to what we know about the planets history. Even worse if we stop using these fuels the poorer regions of the planet will just starve, not that shit like that ever bothers the radical green left.

The entire human race could be gone in another 5,000 years and every trace that we were ever here gone in a million more.
And the earth would not give a shit either way.
Their egos couldn't deal with that concept. A bit of bad luck and we are done like dinos! LOL.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
big drop in temp last few years, no? some guy i was listening to on the radio was citing the numbers
No.

2018 was 4th hottest year on record.

Just because you feel cold on a few extreme days doesn't mean the entire world is cold.

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 10.09.13 PM.png

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
And just because you feel hot on a few days doesn't make the entire world hot either. Just because they cherry pick and or manipulate the data to make it appear warmer doesn't change the fact that oceans are cooling and ice on the poles is growing.
I've lived through the cold 70's and the warm 90's.. I prefer the warm. In warm weather I can grow food. Cold weather, not so much.
If the planet continues to cool, billions will be begging for global warming to return.

No.

Just because you feel cold on a few extreme days doesn't mean the entire world is cold.

View attachment 124954

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
No.

View attachment 124954
They have trouble controlling to that sort of temperature accuracy in a lab, on a global level the numbers are confounded by so many issues that they may as well be made up, they simply can't measure to that accuracy globally. There is a Nobel Prize winner on YouTube giving a talk and he mentions the difficulties he has dealing with precise temperature control/measurement in a petri dish and how he has no clue how they come up with .1 degree changes globally as a measurable fact/observation!

Last edited:

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
And just because you feel hot on a few days doesn't make the entire world hot either. Just because they cherry pick and or manipulate the data to make it appear warmer doesn't change the fact that oceans are cooling and ice on the poles is growing.
Oceans are warming and ice at the poles are decreasing.

I've lived through the cold 70's and the warm 90's.. I prefer the warm. In warm weather I can grow food. Cold weather, not so much.
If the planet continues to cool, billions will be begging for global warming to return.
No doubt, I prefer warm weather than cold, and serious global cooling would be devastating.
But it isn't happening, regardless of appeal to majority preference.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
But it isn't happening, regardless of appeal to majority preference.
Many make a sound case that we are going into a mini ice age... you know, it's the freaking sun and its cycles.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
No.

View attachment 124954
"on record" only goes back to 1880, and utterly ignores the cooling trend that we were on prior to then. They conveniently start "the record" at the bottom of that cooling trend. When you look back to the beginning of the Holocene, the earth's temperatures were several degrees warmer than they are now. But hey, keep focusing on that bright, shiny "on record" object that they dangle in front of everyone.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The fact that the last several "climate treaties" allow a number of countries to continue to GROW their CO2 input to the atmosphere shows me it's not about CO2, but something else...more than likely the crippling of Western Economies in order to allow the Eastern economies to rise up and take their places. Almost like they want them to be the "Kings of the East". Now where have I heard that before?

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode

TRYNEIN

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
"In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming, water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. In their totality and in their interactions these phenomena do constitute a common threat with demands the solidarity of all peoples. But in designating them as the enemy, we fall into the trap about which we have already warned namely mistaking systems for causes. All these dangers are caused by human intervention and it is only through changed attitudes and behaviour that they can be overcome. The real enemy, then, is humanity itself."

"The First Global Revolution", A Report by the Council of the Club of Rome by Alexander King and Bertrand Schneider 1991.

-----------------------------

""This is a terrible thing to say. In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 people per day. It is a horrible thing to say, but it’s just as bad not to say it.""

Jacques Cousteau in an interview with the UNESCO Courier for November 1991

A total world population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal."

Audubon magazine, interview with Ted Turner, 1996

"In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation."

Prince Phillip of England, Reported by Deutsche Press Agentur (DPA), August, 1988.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Maunder Minimum. PRE-industrial age.
Ice Age. Laurentide Glaciation
1* - 5* deviations?!? Pffffttt!
The freezing of Antarctica. Thawed Antarctica. Piri-Reis map

Anthropogenic (= manmade) climate change is NOT a "fairy tale". It is a scheme conjured (the work of sorcerers) to control and impoverish people for an AI (Artificial Intelligence = computers AND robots) based (providing servants and workers to produce certain services and most ALL goods) New World Order for the elite and the techno-elite based on the elimination of common people/peasants/peons. A psychopath's Paradise.

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Until I start seeing and hearing the pro climate against the anti climate in the same room at the same time broadcast live...im callin'... bullshit. If the pro people are so sure of their data why won't they put it up against the anti crowd? Why not you ask...be cause its pure unadulterated bullshit....convince me otherwise, at least try. Just jamming it down my throat makes me projectile vomit it back at cha.