• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Collective mind thoughts on food shortages.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I wouldn't steer you wrong! Just make sure it's a good brand of coconut milk.

I don't count on coffee being there.

I'm loading up on caffeine supplements to ease the weaning-off of coffee.

So much of what we enjoy, is going away...

Agavegirl1

Gold Chaser
Survivor
Midas Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
There is also this from LDS food sources. I actually do use it in recipes and on veggies. Quite good.

ETA: pictures are not loading. There is such a thing as “butter powder and shortening powder from LDS sites. The picture was supposed to be “pantry size can” of butter powder. If you mix it with water in advance, you can spread it on toast or whatever. You can also bake with it.

Last edited:

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
It's all artificial, so there's no way to plan against the caprices of the Elites.

We see they're extincting chickens, so there goes a good source of meat protein. Most of us can't keep our own chickens, so that means, prepare with other proteins. Peanut butter, canned meats...and just get ready for less.

Dairy products. If they want them gone (and they probably do; they hate cows and children both) they will be gone. So, stock up on calcium supplements and maybe some bulk powdered milk.

What, IMHO you do NOT need to stock up on, is the crap carbohydrate foods - the sugar and starch stuff. They'll find a way to get their subjects plenty of that. Wouldn't hurt to have some, but don't count on needing it.

This is a terrible, terrible precipice we're standing on.
They're outnumbered < 3-1

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Cheapest place I've found ghee is a local Indian grocery. 5 bucks for a 24oz jar. I've managed a few scores there and at the Asian market down the road. You won't stand out there buying a 50lb bag of rice.... maybe for being Caucasian.
I'm learning a lot from you :)

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
There is also this from LDS food sources. I actually do use it in recipes and on veggies. Quite good.

ETA: pictures are not loading. There is such a thing as “butter powder and shortening powder from LDS sites. The picture was supposed to be “pantry size can” of butter powder. If you mix it with water in advance, you can spread it on toast or whatever. You can also bake with it.
Do they have these products at their physical store? I am not seeing them online.

Fatboy

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cheapest place I've found ghee is a local Indian grocery. 5 bucks for a 24oz jar. I've managed a few scores there and at the Asian market down the road. You won't stand out there buying a 50lb bag of rice.... maybe for being Caucasian.
If you don't mind shopping with us "poors", Aldi has the ghee on the shelf in glass jars (for those that container type matters). They also have organic coconut oil available in glass jars. Sam's stocks huge containers of organic coconut oil that is much less expensive per unit BUT it comes in a plastic container.

ETA link:

https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-...conut-oil-56oz/prod22041058?xid=plp_product_1

AND.... It's currently on sale! I was pretty happy paying full price for it.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I think that in a way Newmisty is kind of right, but in another way not so much. I do thing that there will be shortages of certain items but most stuff on the shelves will be available.

Here is what I see happening. Massive price inflation of goods. Good food / Healthy food has already started to skyrocket. Crap food has stayed the same price or will only increase a small amount. This will cause the masses to eat more and more unhealthy food, thus feeding into the Medical/Pharma/Gov industrial complex.

Sure there will be localized shortages and we won't be able to get some of the stuff we like, but there will be food on the shelves. We might just not like it.

(thank goodness my micro brew beer is still around the same price)!

JMTC
Good points
Either way, the way I see it a little bit of scarcity is good for us.

We need wake up calls every so often to keep us in check as a species

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Good points
Either way, the way I see it a little bit of scarcity is good for us.

We need wake up calls every so often to keep us in check as a species
agree, a little derivation will not hurt any of us and is good for the kids. However like Dozer said the junk food is cheap and plentiful. I could not find yogurt in the large containers this week. Something is going on with hummus too as its all over the place with rebranding and Sabra is gone I started making my own hummus this week. The first two batches were not great but by the third try I got it. Now to find a cheap source for tahini.

Last edited:

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
agree, a little derivation will not hurt any of us and is good for the kids. However like Dozer said the junk food is cheap and plentiful. I could not find yogurt in the large containers this week. Something is going with hummus too as its all over the place with rebranding and Sabra is gone I started making my own hummus this week. The first two batches were not great but by the third try I got it. Now to find a cheap source for tahini.
Forced resourcefulness. ... it's healthier than kale! :dog:

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
agree, a little derivation will not hurt any of us and is good for the kids. However like Dozer said the junk food is cheap and plentiful. I could not find yogurt in the large containers this week. Something is going on with hummus too as its all over the place with rebranding and Sabra is gone I started making my own hummus this week. The first two batches were not great but by the third try I got it. Now to find a cheap source for tahini.
Agree 1000%

I've seen so much waste by people over the years. Perhaps it was my upbringing in poverty with my single Mom and 5 siblings that taught me not to waste ANYTHING. Some people have never tasted poverty. For those who survive the upcoming years, they'll find going without a bitter pill to swallow. For those that refuse to adjust and will perish, their pain and suffering will be over.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Agree 1000%

I've seen so much waste by people over the years. Perhaps it was my upbringing in poverty with my single Mom and 5 siblings that taught me not to waste. Some people have never tasted poverty. For those who survive it, they'll find it a bitter pill to swallow. For those that refuse to adjust and will perish, their pain and suffering will be over.
The way my mom grew up in the way that I grew up was you ate everything on your plate. Living through the Great depression taught them true conservation which was successfully passed through to me thank heavens.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Eat what you have or what's available without a premium...

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Been cold this spring around here. Warming up next week but I haven't seen any farmers out planting yet. To cold and wet.
From personal experience the wheat berries seem to be going fast. I hate a boatload ordered and very few came in. Like 600 lbs delivered out of 2000 lbs ordered. Still, plenty for me for years so no worries.
Wine fridge will b here this week. 277 bottle capacity from Home Depot. I bought enough wine in the last few weeks to load it about 1/2 way. I'll finish loading it in the fall. You don't want to ship wine in the hot weather. destroys it fast. I didn't know about the olive oil in the wine fridge thing. Wine fridge will be kept at 55 degrees.
Toilet paper. Can you really ever have enough? Plant mullein as a back up. Natures toilet paper. soft and strong.

Big hole foe me and most others will be dairy. Plenty of butter on hand and frozen but fresh dairy could be an issue. I am relying on Amish stores.
Good advice was already posted. Stock up on what you eat and what will store well. You might also want to learn about plants and edibles in your local forests. Shrooms (Be careful), nuts, weeds, ect. you would be surprised how much edible stuff grows in the backyard. (My backyard is 100's of acres of forest)

If you have some acreage, get some goats for dairy products. Also make friends with local dairy farmers if you have any nearby. Start buying from them now to build a relationship and help support them now. It may cost a bit more but in the long run they may be the only ones left with any dairy and if your aren't already a customer you probably won't get on the list.
You can't stockpile everything so just do the best you can and hopefully we all come out in tact on the other side.

dozer99

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
They're outnumbered < 3-1
I keep hearing that and they keep on ramming their "Progress" up our mmm-mmm-mmms. (from the kids singing praises to St. Barack of Obama, 14 years ago).

It doesn't matter if they're outnumbered if the GREAT MASSES are sheeple without any will or volition. We, the Fed-Up, are also seemingly outnumbered.

I'm not being fatalistic here, I just won't whistle bast the graveyard...

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Only 15% of the USA’s food supply is imported. Ceased exports of USA grown food can easily cover that shortfall. If there are food shortages in the USA it will definitely be engineered for political reasons.
It's pretty obvious that they're implementing 'the food shortages plan'.

Most of the people are asleep.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
That's sinister at the very least.
You expected differently?

First, they're unmasked TYRANTS. Second, their aim, in their tyranny, is to STARVE THE MASSES - control them, and apparently to kill most of them. The long-term aim here seems to be deliver Australia to the Chin, less the people, which are Useless Eaters.

So they're drawing their line in the dirt. The choice for Aussies, is, fight or die.

Making firearms in the garage or cellar, is not that hard.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
We have used Nutiva coconut oil after 10 years on the shelf and it was still good. We keep several bottles of olive oil on hand, too.

I am stocking a lot of rolled and steel cut oats in addition to brown rice. Pasta (spaghetti noodles) is another cheap way to stock up on calories.

Canned tuna is great for protein. But we have a chest freezer with a good supply of meat... and a couple goats and 20 hens in the pasture. (We get 15 eggs a day.)

Our backup pantry gets stock rotated. When we open a package we put it on the shopping list. For some things we have more package "depth" - like coffee... and toilet paper.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
We have used Nutiva coconut oil after 10 years on the shelf and it was still good. We keep several bottles of olive oil on hand, too.

I am stocking a lot of rolled and steel cut oats in addition to brown rice. Pasta (spaghetti noodles) is another cheap way to stock up on calories.

Canned tuna is great for protein. But we have a chest freezer with a good supply of meat... and a couple goats and 20 hens in the pasture. (We get 15 eggs a day.)

Our backup pantry gets stock rotated. When we open a package we put it on the shopping list. For some things we have more package "depth" - like coffee... and toilet paper.
What do you feed the chickens as a supplement if any?

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

My biggest concern is if the freezer is damaged or loses power...all that stuff is lost in that case.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
My biggest concern is if the freezer is damaged or loses power...all that stuff is lost in that case.
Fire up the pressure canner and get to work. I have 10 cases of empty jars just in case. You can also make jerky in the oven or on the smoker if you had to. Slice up the roasts and away you go. You could also make stew meat out of the roasts. Ribeyes, sirloins, tenderloins and any other great steaks, pack em in ice in coolers and eat the hell out of em for 4-5 days while your canning everything else. It wouldn't be fun but you can salvage most or all of that protein.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Imma buy lobsta tails wifuns my EBT card while you all is starvin'.
Sahm tawkin bout nickizle mehn, ma boi...dasswussup. fureelz dough. Nameen. Yo man ma boi Jarlieqkua jaqsone gotz mad phat stax yo fo shizzles! Dawg no mahn na meen. Fureel dough weez gona be da blunt bois fureelz dawg. Werd! My udda boi gots a pistol yo. We gonna wrekin chit yo fureelz. Gunna run dat game Fi sho ma nega. Yo we huk ya up wit dat and yo run dat lobba tailz wit budda yo. Fureelz sup nom sayin yo word fureelz

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
What do you feed the chickens as a supplement if any?
Just chicken feed and whatever they scratch up. We do throw them the plant based table waste as well as egg shells.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Not too worried. We have a generator hooked up to the house. Also, deer are very thick around us, so meat is always available.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Hey Chief, when are the conservative Aussies going to tell those c*nts in your government to fuck off and die? This is beyond even what the vermin in the US Congress are currently vomiting out!

WTF is 'biosecurity' anyway? That's not even a word!!!

1652093843108.png

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Just chicken feed and whatever they scratch up. We do throw them the plant based table waste as well as egg shells.
that was my next project to look into. I think animal feed is going to become an issue. Its not safe to free roam here so there has to be alternatives

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Fire up the pressure canner and get to work. I have 10 cases of empty jars just in case. You can also make jerky in the oven or on the smoker if you had to. Slice up the roasts and away you go. You could also make stew meat out of the roasts. Ribeyes, sirloins, tenderloins and any other great steaks, pack em in ice in coolers and eat the hell out of em for 4-5 days while your canning everything else. It wouldn't be fun but you can salvage most or all of that protein.
Agree, Freezers are great but they are fragile. I'm going to try canning this year. I'm starting with green beans and grape jelly. I just inherited a lot of jars and need new lids. Ill have a ton of jalapeno peepers too. I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Agree, Freezers are great but they are fragile. I'm going to try canning this year. I'm starting with green beans and grape jelly. I just inherited a lot of jars and need new lids. Ill have a ton of jalapeno peepers too. I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.
Someone just told me about "dilly beans" - evidently you can can beans just like dill pickles. Add a little jalapeño to make it interesting.

CiscoKid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I use Restaurant Depot for a lot of my bulk purchases. You can check their website to see if there is a location near you. You need a business license to join, but that was only $35 through my county.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
You can also make poppers ahead of time and freeze them.
I also like em on or in burgers.

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
The local WinCo had freeze dried butter and powdered milk. Shelf life of 10 years so I bought 2 of each. I already have 6 cans of freeze dried egg crystals. Believe or not they aren't too shabby.

Casey Jones

Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The local WinCo had freeze dried butter and powdered milk. Shelf life of 10 years so I bought 2 of each. I already have 6 cans of freeze dried egg crystals. Believe or not they aren't too shabby.
Where did you find the eggs and butter? What section?

We have a WinCo in town...humongous place. Often it's hard to find specific items.

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
You can also make poppers ahead of time and freeze them.
I also like em on or in burgers.
thanks, I love doing poppers but I didn't know if they would freeze well. I'm anxious to try the pickled ones too. This is my first summer not working :)

Avalon

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Someone just told me about "dilly beans" - evidently you can can beans just like dill pickles. Add a little jalapeño to make it interesting.