• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Colorado Man Who Fatally Shot Craigslist Robbery Suspect Could Face Charges

mtnclimberjim

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
what a dumb shit. Ya can't blaze away when they're out the house and down the road. Dude was a good shot though and glad he killed the perp.

Last edited:

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
what a dumb shit. Ya can't blaze away when they're out the house and down the road. Dude was a good shot though and glade he killed the perp.
You can if I'm on your jury. Just because some one is running from you doesn't mean they are not a threat. They'll be back...

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
what a dumb shit. Ya can't blaze away when they're out the house and down the road. Dude was a good shot though and glade he killed the perp.
It didn't sound as though they were down the road, it seemed like they were right out front of his house. It should have been perfectly ok for him to have shot both of 'em. Guy is a hero in my book.

The reason it should be ok to use deadly force in such instances is due to the fact that they committed a serious crime against a person and are attempting to flee Justice.
Ie: at the moment they committed their crime, they gained a date with a Judge that they are attempting to avoid.

Additionally, once someone commits such crimes and sees they can get away with it, they are typically inclined to do it again when the opportunity presents itself. Only way they learn not to do that sh!t is to get stopped while doing it or while running away from just having done it.

Keep in mind that by serious crimes, I mean things like armed robbery, kidnapping, rape, murder, or any other potentially life threatening crime against innocent people. In such cases it's important enough to stop them from getting away to warrant the use of deadly force within a reasonable time frame. Running out of the house to their car, or even in their car in front of the house prior to driving away is within that time frame.

mtnclimberjim

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
nope.....not what the law says. I don't agree with it but its not worth going to jail for, loosing your job and such.

I know its a choice just not one I would make.

Ishkabibble

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
GIM Hall Of Fame
Texas has it right. All US states should adopt their policies. There would be few perps because the risk would outweigh the potential reward. Would be criminals would have no choice but to walk straight.

Armed and ready populations save lives. But it can't be the exception; it must be the norm.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
nope.....not what the law says. I don't agree with it but its not worth going to jail for, loosing your job and such.

I know its a choice just not one I would make.
I didn't say that's what the law says. I said what the law should say. Anyone who has just committed a violent act upon innocent victims should have a target on them during and immediately after while fleeing. Heck, where I live you can be shot for criminal mischief and theft, but only during the night time hours and only if you have a reasonable belief that there is no other way to protect/retrieve your property.
Laws like these keep the ne'er do wells on their toes and thinkin' twice.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
this should be a slam dunk "not guilty" or "no indictment" in my opinion

Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I wear my sidearm at home all the time so anyone coming to do a little shopping won't be tempted to do anything that might get themselves killed

Flight2gold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
;)
I wear my sidearm at home all the time so anyone coming to do a little shopping won't be tempted to do anything that might get themselves killed
I'm sure to the craigslist buyer that comes around any price you quote, "will be just fine".
;)

Last edited: