• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Comex gold data doesn't matter; only central bank gold data does, and it's top-secret

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Comex gold data doesn't matter; only central bank gold data does, and it's top-secret[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Submitted by cpowell on 08:44AM ET Friday, November 6, 2015. Section: Daily Dispatches 11:45a ET Friday, November 6, 2015

Dear Friend of GATA and Gold:
A friend at a bullion shop, B.W., calls attention to the TF Metals Report's notation this week that the total stock of gold bullion registered and readily deliverable on the New York Commodities Exchange has sunk below 5 tonnes and that the ratio of Comex gold contract claims to readily deliverable gold has risen to nearly 300 to 1:
http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/blog/7249/bullion-bank-leverage-soars-near...

B.W. writes: "We can hardly believe our eyes."
The TF Metals Report keeps up with this Comex data not just to suggest that gold is running out but also to complain about the unfairness of the commodity trading system in the United States. For your secretary/treasurer, that unfairness is a given, part of the architecture of government intervention in the monetary metals markets, intervention fully authorized by law under which the U.S. government, through the Treasury Department's Exchange Stabilization Fund, can intervene secretly in any market at any time:
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/international/ESF/Pages/esf-inde...
As for the Comex data itself, it long has struck your secretary/treasurer as irrelevant.

... Dispatch continues below ...
For Comex gold vault figures, for both "registered" and "eligible" gold, mean little if the bullion banks have easy access to gold outside the Comex system, particularly access to government and central bank gold, or if the bullion banks are executing trades as agents of governments and central banks, as surely they are doing:
http://www.gata.org/node/15441
http://www.gata.org/node/15241
http://www.gata.org/node/14385
http://www.gata.org/node/14411
http://www.gata.org/node/13373

Gold from governments and central banks can be added to the Comex system almost instantaneously, and governments and central banks will never let the market know how much metal remains available to them for currency market control.
Indeed, that information -- the true location and disposition of government gold reserves -- is the most sensitive information on the planet, for it would reveal the amount of ammunition available to governments for market intervention. This sensitivity was noted by the secret March 1999 report of the staff of the International Monetary Fund, which explained why central banks insist on keeping the information secret:
http://www.gata.org/node/12016

Meanwhile, GATAs friend R.W. writes:
"After so many consecutive down days for gold I'm finding it difficult to round up the rationale for hanging on to my hoard.
"Old-fashioned supply-and-demand economics is now obsolete, having succumbed to high-frequency trading and nano-second spoofing. Throw in the criminally negligent regulatory agencies and they're all really piling on gold. I need some clarity here.

"I have admired your courage, eloquence, and integrity going on 12 years now, so I will not ask for advice here, but is there a strong possibility that the cabal will never lose control without a complete implosion of the world financial system? I thought I understood this but find myself puzzled.

"I had thought that if you suppress the price of a desired commodity for an extended time, there eventually would be an extreme shortage and force majeure in the futures markets along with a price explosion. I'm 80 so it probably will not happen in my lifetime. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Your secretary/treasurer replied:
"History suggests that things will change only when 1) the gold available to central banks for price suppression is exhausted, including all central bank reserves, or 2) central banks want to devalue their currencies to devalue debt and decide do this in part by raising the gold price dramatically. Both kinds of events have happened repeatedly.

"The first sort of event can be hastened by retail buyers and would signify a loss of control by central banks, so central banks have to discourage retail buying. That's why, for example, the Indian government is striving to induce the Indian people, the biggest private holders of gold, to exchange their metal for paper so their metal can be used to flood the world market for price suppression. The World Gold Council actually supports this, signifying that its true objective is to subvert gold's independent monetary function and the industry the council purports to represent.

"The current round of gold price suppression has been much lengthened by derivatives, high-frequency trading, the intimidation of the gold-mining industry, and, perhaps just as important, the complicity of mainstream financial news organizations, which refuse to report about central bank intervention in the gold market and other markets even as this intervention has gone far beyond obvious.

"Yet the U.S. economists and fund managers Paul Brodsky and Lee Quaintance speculated a few years ago that the second possibility above -- a dramatic increase in the gold price -- is the objective of the major central banks, once the world's gold reserves have been redistributed to indemnify the nations that hold large foreign-exchange reserves in U.S. dollars and U.S. government debt:
http://www.gata.org/node/11373

"The recent unguarded comments of an Austrian central banker seem to lend support to such speculation:
http://www.gata.org/node/15898

In any case it is hard to invest in an industry that will do nothing to defend itself against an existential threat, an industry that acts no differently than it would act if it was owned entirely by central banks.
"But GATA is not an investment adviser. We're not urging people to put their wealth at risk to fight totalitarianism. Rather we're trying to keep the flag flying for free and transparent markets, limited and accountable government, and individual liberty.

"Vital as it is, gold is just a means to those ends, not an end in itself."
CHRIS POWELL, Secretary/Treasurer
Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee Inc.
CPowell@GATA.org

Join GATA here:
The Silver Summit and Resource Expo 2015
Park Central Hotel, San Francisco, California
Monday-Tuesday, November 23-24, 2015
http://cambridgehouse.com/event/50/the-silver-summit-and-resource-expo-2...
Support GATA by purchasing recordings of the proceedings of the 2014 New Orleans Investment Conference:
https://jeffersoncompanies.com/landing/2014-av-powell
Or by purchasing DVDs of GATA's London conference in August 2011 or GATA's Dawson City conference in August 2006:
http://www.goldrush21.com/order.html
Or by purchasing a colorful GATA T-shirt:
http://gata.org/tshirts
Or a colorful poster of GATA's full-page ad in The Wall Street Journal on January 31, 2009:
http://gata.org/node/wallstreetjournal
Help keep GATA going
GATA is a civil rights and educational organization based in the United States and tax-exempt under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. Its e-mail dispatches are free, and you can subscribe at:
http://www.gata.org
To contribute to GATA, please visit:
http://www.gata.org/node/16
Contact GATA

info@gata.org
Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee
7 Villa Louisa Road
Manchester, Connecticut
06043-7541 USA

www.gata.org

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Re: Comex gold data doesn't matter; only central bank gold data does, and it's top-se

Definitely interesting times we live in...

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Re: Comex gold data doesn't matter; only central bank gold data does, and it's top-se

Definitely interesting times we live in...
We ALL keep saying that. When is the dam going to burst??

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner

When the mines run out, when the biggest wars ever seen start, when ordinary people start dropping like flies, or when China nationalizes all foreign owned mines. One of those things must happen first, else the frog simply continues to sleep, wet and warm.

Po'boy

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

When the mines run out, when the biggest wars ever seen start, when ordinary people start dropping like flies, or when China nationalizes all foreign owned mines. One of those things must happen first, else the frog simply continues to sleep, wet and warm.
Or when the consumer cannot afford fuel.
The consumer being all involved in getting it from the ground.
Next year is going to be interesting.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

I'm not really looking forward to the dam bursting...it may prove fatal to most people.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

I'm not really looking forward to the dam bursting...it may prove fatal to most people.
Those who are prepared will survive, those that aren't will perish

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

I wish I could share your optimism. When it happens, we're going to see carnage on a scale never before seen.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member

"Gold from governments and central banks can be added to the Comex system almost instantaneously..."
=>It is taking 7 years for Germany to get its gold, how can gold be transferred instantaneously?

"...governments and central banks will never let the market know how much metal remains available to them for currency market control..... it would reveal the amount of ammunition available to governments for market intervention...."
=> I thought that the gold holdings were public information?--not that all would believe the data.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

I wish I could share your optimism. When it happens, we're going to see carnage on a scale never before seen.
food, guns, ammo, water, PMs, FRN's (just for yucks). Have enough of these on hand and you can survive.

(oh yeah, one more thing....get the fuck out of the city. That where the carnage will be most intense)

G-khan

Founding Member
Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame

Watch out what you wish for because when it happens I don't care how well you are prepared you will not come out unscathed..
My guess is TPTB will come out with new digital money system and if you want to eat you best get on board. Your stored food won't last forever and if you want a fresh bannana or watermelon you will be forced into the system..

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame

Watch out what you wish for because when it happens I don't care how well you are prepared you will not come out unscathed..
My guess is TPTB will come out with new digital money system and if you want to eat you best get on board. Your stored food won't last forever and if you want a fresh bannana or watermelon you will be forced into the system..

My guess is TPTB will come out with new digital money system and if you want to eat you best get on board. Your stored food won't last forever and if you want a fresh bannana or watermelon you will be forced into the system
:thumbs_up:................I think you're dead on :beerglass:

And if you don't get "on board" there will be a bushel-o-peeps who'll rat you out for "a bit more" in their daily rice bowl in a New York second.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member

OK
But when will this happen?
Or will it be a soft landing?

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner

Or when the consumer cannot afford fuel.
The consumer being all involved in getting it from the ground.
Next year is going to be interesting.
I don't believe the lack of purchasing power in the consumers' hands will be one of the "canary in the coal mine" moments. The consumer can be given an EDD card. And supply-demand fundamentals will keep at least some consumers consuming, regardless of how difficult things eventually get for the majority.

OK
Or will it be a soft landing?

By "soft landing," I guess you mean: "frog continues to slowly boil."

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame

I would like to know this my self.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++

tomorrow at 7:36:17 pm

REO 54

Midas Member
Midas Member

Ha. We the People do not recieve real accurate information in order to make an honest decision period. This is why we hang out here and other places to sift through the clutter to find out what we can , to make best of what we can.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame

tomorrow at 7:36:17 pm
Can it be put off for a couple of years? I have things to do!

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner

Can it be put off for a couple of years? I have things to do!
You're wish has been granted. It took some time, as the frog was quite afraid after being woken up by the bear. But we've calmed it down now and it's safely asleep again, wet and warm.

Eyebone

Midas Member
Midas Member

This is so 2010.

pre-64'

Slaying Debt for Gold
Gold Chaser

The only thing I know is that it is finite.

I tried to make Gold from chicken eggs, it no worky.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

There was a writing from about 2000 years ago that mentioned something like this...no one being able to buy or sell anything unless they had this mark...antichrist and stuff...

Makes you wonder...

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

There was a writing from about 2000 years ago that mentioned something like this...no one being able to buy or sell anything unless they had this mark...antichrist and stuff...

Makes you wonder...
Almost like the guys who wrote the book already had the script or plan in advance.....if I decide to burn down my shed, and mention it in a book I write, then burn it down 50 years later, is it prophecy from God?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

I am reluctantly forced to correct you. While I really wish you were right in the statement above, it simply HAS to be amended for complete truth:

"Those who are prepared will have a higher survival rate than those that aren't."

So, no... I do NOT want the dam to break.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

I am reluctantly forced to correct you. While I really wish you were right in the statement above, it simply HAS to be amended for complete truth:

"Those who are prepared will have a higher survival rate than those that aren't."

So, no... I do NOT want the dam to break.
I stand corrected Walt. SO, I guess we're forced to stand by and tolerate things as they are rather than put ourselves in harm's way. TPTB have already won

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

The new currency per a 1988 article in the Economist Magazine has the transition & introduction set for sometime in 2018. If 2018 is the target date, from now to then geopolitical events ought to begin to speed up.

Your prolly gonna see $5000 gold and $300 silver, unfortunately it will be priced in the "super or hyper" inflated currency that is being replaced, not the new currency. Now look surprised, the new currency is just a "change in the rules" to keep & maintain TPTB currently in power.... Your not gonna win unless your in the club! Best you can do is try to protect yourself from the club & its members.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++

The only thing I know is that it is finite.

I tried to make Gold from chicken eggs, it no worky.
I have found a way to make gold out of a 2x4, Im selling one foot pieces for 100 shipped. It does not come with instructions.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

I stand corrected Walt. SO, I guess we're forced to stand by and tolerate things as they are rather than put ourselves in harm's way. TPTB have already won
I think you may be right.

I have very little to stop them... Several thousand rounds of SKS ammo for my bringumhome and a buncha pistols, swords, rifles, crossbow, and an honest-to-Murgatroyd fargin cannon.

I kin SLOW them a tad. And I will. But I doan really see me winning.

I am open to suggestions, bro.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker

Yes, they've won and the frog continues to boil slowly.

But there is a chance things go SHTF TEOTWAWKI. Under that situation, there is a chance that either somehow TPTB are defeated (act of God), or enough knowledge remains to cross over into the new period and then who knows... whatever worker bees still left, in a slavery situation, might find courage and revolution might occur.
Not with the people living in this country today.

“Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world.” –– Daniel Webster

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

GKhan, so good to see you back.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

“Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world.” –– Daniel Webster
Take a hard look at the Constitution and what it actually intended to achieve between the States (the People) and the common people.

There have always been the "haves" and the "have-nots," or rather the have-nots are almost always in servitude to the "haves." Hence a slave/servant-master relationship does exist between the various classes.... In most of the slave/servant-master relationships there is/are various antagonisms, antagonisms that are usually resolved & remedied in the favor of the master due to his social standing & money power....

The great experiment of the Constitution was to provide unbiased remedy & relief between the antagonisms of the slave/servant & master thru an independent mediator and/or the common law.

The idea was to create mutual economic harmony for the common good of the community, economically, financially & politically.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Take a hard look at the Constitution and what it actually intended to achieve between the States (the People) and the common people.

There have always been the "haves" and the "have-nots," or rather the have-nots are almost always in servitude to the "haves." Hence a slave/servant-master relationship does exist between the various classes.... In most of the slave/servant-master relationships there is/are various antagonisms, antagonisms that are usually resolved & remedied in the favor of the master due to his social standing & money power....

The great experiment of the Constitution was to provide unbiased remedy & relief between the antagonisms of the slave/servant & master thru an independent mediator and/or the common law.

The idea was to create mutual economic harmony for the common good of the community, economically, financially & politically.
And it is in the final throws of being disassembled, as we speak.