• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Computer cartoons

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Texting.jpg

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I do believe you are absolutely correct. I was on the fargin design team for the PS/2. Which means that what we had to prove was the best possibobble results. Hence 1.44MB only for stuff we could use for testing. But... that wasn't ever thought of again (by us Engrs.) after it went out there.

Dem sneeky Sales bastages. In this age, such a simple fixeroo would never stay unknown to anybody at all.
I distinctly recall PS/2 computers with a 2.88mb drive. I also happen to keep a Hayes microchannel modem (2400b) and an Arcnet card at my desk at work as a reminder to all the young folks of just how long I've been at this.

KnowWhy

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There was clear video of a local drowning from a party boat in calm water this past summer. They still haven’t found his body. I heard he was yelling how he couldn’t swim.

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
There was clear video of a local drowning from a party boat in calm water this past summer. They still haven’t found his body. I heard he was yelling how he couldn’t swim.

Sometimes, there are no innocent bystanders.

An indictment against society.

Usc96

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Spent around 10K on a micro channel in the early 90's then it was tough getting a graphics card for it.
It was like a 486 50mh with 32 ram.
I bought a Gateway 486 with either 4 of 8mb of ram in 1992 for around $2,200 and I thought that was fast. (Yes, mb for the youngsters). 32mb at that time would be crazy!!

Seems crazy compared to my current laptop:

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 12.45.30 PM.png

engineear

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I bought a Gateway 486 with either 4 of 8mb of ram in 1992 for around $2,200 and I thought that was fast. (Yes, mb for the youngsters). 32mb at that time would be crazy!!

Seems crazy compared to my current laptop:

View attachment 239187
Did it have a turbo button?

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I went through this whole thread to see if what I'm posting was already up.

EUjD0mZXkAIzF9_.jpeg

While scrolling through a bunch of nonsense I've accumulated, I also found this

EdRuHf6XkAALWkr.jpeg
After reading through the thread, I can only imagine how difficult life was in the preceding decades.