• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus - COVID19 - Confirmed Case Thread.

How many infections do you have in your physical social network?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
What about we keep track of known confirmed cases among the those in the GIM sphere? (i.e. You must know them socially or they must be family) Just as a reality check against what we are seeing in the media. I know it's nothing definitive, just a feel. Maybe post the number and rough location.

I've posted a poll as a rough counting machine, you can select the number that you have and change your selection as it rises. If you have 10 or more please vote 0 and post the count and I will try and keep a tally, I will post a POLL + x number every day or so.

Just select 0. to see the result and you can update that as it changes.

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
0 so far.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My guess is the most common result will be zero..

Just a guess...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My guess is the most common result will be zero..

Just a guess...
Yup, I'm curious. I want to know, after all this is crashing the economy and it's not like it was in a bullet proof position to start with!

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
If we get it ourselves, do we win any prizes? So far it has made a few people in the county sick, nobody I know.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If we get it ourselves, do we win any prizes? So far it has made a few people in the county sick, nobody I know.
Hmmmmm... I dunno, some congress creature want reparations from the Chinese for it so maybe you could ask them?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I'll give a silver dime to the first gimr to get it.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I live in a city of nearly 300 thousand. We got one guy.
It's going to be interesting.

In the first Italian village to get it they went testing and isolation crazy. They tested all after only one case with symptoms, they found 3% of the population had it mainly with no symptoms. 90 in 3300 people. After an immediate lock down the next round of testing had it down to 0.3% of people. They flatten the curve very successfully. It's about the best place to be in Italy and it is in the middle of a red zone!

Early testing and isolation work.

Mujahideen

Essential Worker
Midas Member
Site Supporter
19k confirmed cases. Over 330 million people.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
An older sister in Tenerife has it.

If you look at the increase in the NY area, their rates assuming they are accurate are exploding: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

I have been exposed to this virus in the NY area now for many weeks. I have had
symptoms, but my immune system has successfully fought it off. I probably have immunity
to Covid 19 now. But I use many quality natural food and herb based things. As many of
the Lew Rockwell articles are stating, those who are succumbing have compromised immune
systems. They should be extra careful and I hope they are.

I had a couple emails from those at risk today, both are at significant risk:

"So, this is it. The Greatest Depression of all time.
Goldman sees unprecedented stop in economic activity, with 2nd quarter GDP contracting
24%
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/20/goldman-sees-an-unprecedented-stop-of-economic-activity-wi
th-2nd-quarter-gdp-contracting-by-24percent.html

"It will last until 2030, at least. Most likely until 2045.

"AI and robots may have to take over the economy. The countries that do that will
thrive. The others? Pure hell."

Another:

"If the virus goes away like SARS did, most things will be back to normal
within this year. It could become seasonal like the flu with millions dying annually. If
that's the case,
the fatality % will probably go down due to better treatments. Also likely a vaccine will
be developed
by 2022. Will be an unfolding learning experience, will get worse before it (ever) gets
better.

"Went food shopping at 6:30 am this morning for Shop Rite opens the store for people
over 60 shop at that time. I panicked when one of the shelvers coughed mildly as I walked
by him. I almost told management
but decided it best to limit human exposure. Hispanic Ahole should know better!!

"Have enough food for at least one month of "Normal" meals. If it gets
much worse, we will try and hire a
collage student whom is a friends son to shop for us."

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Lexington, Ky. is a regional hospital area. U.K Med Ctr w/ training docs & nurses, U.K. bought Good Sam. hospital years ago to spread out patients. Central Baptist Hospital has a big campus complex, St. Joe has two hospitals in town. All three entities have various specialty offices spread all over the city/county.
Fayette Co. and the six surrounding counties easily have a million people population.
The seven WuFlu patients in the area ( UK Med Ctr) were all brought in from outside that ring of counties and communities.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
.my daughter in Washington tested positive March 16

she is doing well and is over the hump

she is under self quarantine and cannot leave her apt until she has no symptoms for 72 hrs per the health dept.........I do not know how they would find out should she decide to leave her apt and go across the street and pick up her call in order...

anyway, I will update her status in time

she is 45 and is a phlebotomist working for Red Cross

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

she is under self quarantine and cannot leave her apt until she has no symptoms for 72 hrs per the health dept.........I do not know how they would find out should she decide to leave her apt and go across the street and pick up her call in order...

Give her our regards and wishes for a quick recovery.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
My county of 30,000 has it's first confirmed case as of today. Not much info on her yet.

Edited to add, we have about 7.5 people per sq mile.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So we have one known illness out of 17 so far. It will be interesting to see how that develops.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Glad to hear she's doing well. Did they give her meds or she just heal thyself?

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
A client of mine's brother-in-law just died of confirmed COVID19.
I have one friend in the UK who has it.
A couple of others I know are sure they had it or have it, but haven't been able to get tested.

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I have a friend whose sister has it most likely. She lives in Sacramento. Also have a friend who knows the person that was responsible for the Las Vegas air traffic control tower shutdown. No one direct.....YET

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Wondering aloud here. If someone tests positive and then dies do the beancounters assume the cause of death to be the virus?

Did you know respiratory disease is the third leading cause of illness related death anyway? Just wondering if they arent manipulating data in an attempt to control the masses.

Maybe the global warming scare wasn't doing it fast enough.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Glad to hear she's doing well. Did they give her meds or she just heal thyself?
heal thyself

yesterday the health dept called her in for a second swab because the first one was faulty...80% false negative

the second swab results will take 2 days to get results

very fishy

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
heal thyself

yesterday the health dept called her in for a second swab because the first one was faulty...80% false negative

the second swab results will take 2 days to get results

very fishy
Does she use CBD?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Is CBD going to be the magic bullet?

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Is CBD going to be the magic bullet?
who knows?...

but the evidence is encouraging

http://canna-sapiens.com/illnesses/viral-infections/targeted-deletion-of-cannab.html

Targeted deletion of cannabinoid receptors CB1 and CB2 produced enhanced inflammatory responses to influenza

J Leukoc Biol. 2008 Mar;83(3):785-96. Epub 2007 Dec 11.

Buchweitz JP1, Karmaus PW, Williams KJ, Harkema JR, Kaminski NE.

Abstract

We have previously reported that Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Delta(9)-THC)-treated mice challenged with influenza virus A/PR/8/34 (PR8) developed increased viral hemagglutinin 1 (H1) mRNA levels and decreased monocyte and lymphocyte recruitment to the pulmonary airways when compared with mice challenged with PR8 alone. The objective of the present study was to examine the role of cannabinoid (CB(1)/CB(2)) receptors in mediating the effects of Delta(9)-THC on immune and epithelial cell responses to PR8. In the current study, Delta(9)-THC-treated CB(1)/CB(2) receptor null (CB(1)-/-/CB(2)-/-) and wild-type mice infected with PR8 had marked increases in viral H1 mRNA when compared with CB(1)-/-/CB(2)-/- and wild-type mice challenged with PR8 alone. However, the magnitude of the H1 mRNA levels was greatly reduced in CB(1)-/-/CB(2)-/- mice as compared with wild-type mice. In addition, Delta(9)-THC-treated CB(1)-/-/CB(2)-/- mice infected with PR8 had increased CD4+ T cells and IFN-gamma in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid with greater pulmonary inflammation when compared with Delta(9)-THC-treated wild-type mice infected with PR8. Delta(9)-THC treatment of CB(1)-/-/CB(2)-/- mice in the presence or absence of PR8 challenge also developed greater amounts of mucous cell metaplasia in the affected bronchiolar epithelium. Collectively, the immune and airway epithelial cell responses to PR8 challenge in Delta(9)-THC-treated CB(1)-/-/CB(2)-/- and wild-type mice indicated the involvement of CB(1)/CB(2) receptor-dependent and -independent mechanisms.

Scorpio

Hunter of elusive Beer Virus
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
just took a call from one of the guys,
said his son had the flu earlier, woke up this am with temp 103
took him in and now both of them are under self-quarantine waiting on results in a couple of days,
if positive, quarantine is 10 days,

and everyone he has been in contact with,

what a crock of shit,

you are talking of a part of the country no where near anything,

chances of him having the beer flu is equivalent to me having a sunny disposition :0)

P51

I've been debating if I should post here or not.
Here goes: earlier this week, both of my parents passed, due to complications of covid19.
Both were in their 80's, in poor health. Both had pneumonia, and ultimately, organ failure.
It has been 3 weeks since I last saw them in person.
I do not have any symptoms, nor anyone else in my immediate family.
It's been tough, as you would imagine. Loosing 1 sucks, but both at once?
Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Making funeral arrangements, under current conditions,
is somewhat challenging. It will be a small group, and as an added twist, we can
put them both in the same casket. We knew they'd both like that.
This post is not a 'looking for sympathy' post. I'm not a huge poster here, but I
lurk often, dating back to GIM 1. I share the same ideals and philosophies as many here,
so felt like sharing with you all. The next time you see your parents, tell them you love them.

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Condolences 51.

Scorpio

Hunter of elusive Beer Virus
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
I've been debating if I should post here or not.
Here goes: earlier this week, both of my parents passed, due to complications of covid19.
Both were in their 80's, in poor health. Both had pneumonia, and ultimately, organ failure.
It has been 3 weeks since I last saw them in person.
I do not have any symptoms, nor anyone else in my immediate family.
It's been tough, as you would imagine. Loosing 1 sucks, but both at once?
Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Making funeral arrangements, under current conditions,
is somewhat challenging. It will be a small group, and as an added twist, we can
put them both in the same casket. We knew they'd both like that.
This post is not a 'looking for sympathy' post. I'm not a huge poster here, but I
lurk often, dating back to GIM 1. I share the same ideals and philosophies as many here,
so felt like sharing with you all. The next time you see your parents, tell them you love them.
PS1,

travel light and my best to you for sure,

be well,

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
@P51. I know you didn't come here for condolences, but you're getting it any way. Losing both parents, at the same time, would normally be a major fuck-up in anyone's life. Under the current circumstances, I can only try and imagine your loss. Not only me, but the rest of GIM, will have you in our thoughts and prayer. You have a difficult time ahead and I wish you calmness of mind and adequate sleep.

Golden Regards
Uncle