• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Corona Virus - COVID19 - Confirmed Case Thread.

How many infections do you have in your physical social network?

Results are only viewable after voting.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I've been debating if I should post here or not.
Here goes: earlier this week, both of my parents passed, due to complications of covid19.
Both were in their 80's, in poor health. Both had pneumonia, and ultimately, organ failure.
It has been 3 weeks since I last saw them in person.
I do not have any symptoms, nor anyone else in my immediate family.
It's been tough, as you would imagine. Loosing 1 sucks, but both at once?
Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Making funeral arrangements, under current conditions,
is somewhat challenging. It will be a small group, and as an added twist, we can
put them both in the same casket. We knew they'd both like that.
This post is not a 'looking for sympathy' post. I'm not a huge poster here, but I
lurk often, dating back to GIM 1. I share the same ideals and philosophies as many here,
so felt like sharing with you all. The next time you see your parents, tell them you love them.
So sorry to hear of the loss of your parents. The loss of loved ones transcends politics or anything else. My sincere condolences to you and your family. I lost my Mom to a heart attack in 1999. It still hurts. I miss the old gal...she was the best Mom and still helps me make the right decisions in my life. Time heals all wounds but you will always have them in your heart!

Peace!

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Here goes: earlier this week, both of my parents passed, due to complications of covid19.
Both were in their 80's, in poor health. Both had pneumonia, and ultimately, organ failure.
Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Making funeral arrangements, under current conditions,
is somewhat challenging. It will be a small group, and as an added twist, we can
This post is not a 'looking for sympathy' post. I'm not a huge poster here, but I
lurk often, dating back to GIM 1. I share the same ideals and philosophies as many here,
so felt like sharing with you all. The next time you see your parents, tell them you love them.
I'm sorry to hear that and I hope that things go as well as they possibly can from here. I'm in a similar boat in that IF we see it here we will certainly lose about half of our family, they just couldn't deal with it.

@P51 could you please vote 2. on the poll.

Peace be with you.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Sincerest condolences to you and your family.

... even though you've been lurking forever... welcome to the board...

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
High strength vit C, ginger and garlic.

Why are so many Asians getting it?

Golden Regards
Uncle
What is it?
IS a better question.

The common cold is not the cause and that is what coronavirus is.

Wuhan was the site of the first 5G rollout.

Or what was the treatment? A lot of times like cancer treatment, it's the treatment that kills you.

People with aids found a good diet and shunning all the high priced aids drugs kept them alive.

Last edited:

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Many people have been hit with a bad flu for the last few months & many think it was the corona.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The kids have just shown up with what we hope is the normal end of school term colds... we hope... if not mum is in serious trouble and gran is not very far behind. Paranoid much, yup, what can you do? It's all ready too late if we are wrong so all you can do is isolate and bet that it is just the normal flow of things.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The kids have just shown up with what we hope is the normal end of school term colds... we hope... if not mum is in serious trouble and gran is not very far behind. Paranoid much, yup, what can you do? It's all ready too late if we are wrong so all you can do is isolate and bet that it is just the normal flow of things.
Feck yeah, Zedaroo. Most people either have it or not by now I would think. Best of luck to you and yours. Positive thinking.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Most people either have it or not by now
Well, @ least I will not have to wait that long to find out!

:dduck:

I kill myself!

Back humour.... {sigh}

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
My client's daughter is in the hospital with COVID19, kidney infection and sepsis. Kid is 22.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
My client's daughter is in the hospital with COVID19, kidney infection and sepsis. Kid is 22.
Sorry to hear that. Are you State side or UK?

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Hello P51,
I remember you well from years past.
Please do not be a stranger,
You have EVERYONE here as a supporter with everything you are going through.
Hang tight and positive thoughts your way friend,
Regards,
Haystack

P51

Thank you all for the kind words and prayers.
It is greatly appreciated.
Latest news is that funeral services are now banned.
They will be buried, but family cannot be there.
They cannot stop visits after the fact, however, so we will do that instead.
All my best to each of you :)

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The government and media (governmedia) have routinely lied to us our entire lifetimes, why would we believe them now? They can make up numbers and cook the books and play these numbers up and down as it suits them. Personally I think they are playing the numbers up as there is more for them to gain that way. Most likely the whole thing will turn out to be a nothingburger.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My GF has a friend who's 11yo daughter is COVID Positive so I voted "1".

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
all the best zed , prayers and good thoughts for your family

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
About these tests , phoney ones and good ones

my daughters doc told her straight up the first test that was administered to her was faulty with 80% false negatives

that test took 3:days to get the fake results back

The second test will take 5 days to get the results back...this is Washington , ground zero for the beer flu in USA

My question: how come people like Pence , Rand Paul , and famous people seem to get their test results back in like 24 hours?

my guess is the famous people get their private doctors to swab them and then the doc takes the swab directly to the lab and somehow goes to the head of the line?

”here’s $10,000 kid , now get to testing pronto capiche?”

i am just curious if anyone else has noticed the time frames being given between initial test and,results?

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
About these tests , phoney ones and good ones

my daughters doc told her straight up the first test that was administered to her was faulty with 80% false negatives

that test took 3:days to get the fake results back

The second test will take 5 days to get the results back...this is Washington , ground zero for the beer flu in USA

My question: how come people like Pence , Rand Paul , and famous people seem to get their test results back in like 24 hours?

my guess is the famous people get their private doctors to swab them and then the doc takes the swab directly to the lab and somehow goes to the head of the line?

”here’s $10,000 kid , now get to testing pronto capiche?”

i am just curious if anyone else has noticed the time frames being given between initial test and,results?
My daughter's test took like maybe 3 but no more than 4 days to get back negative results. Western mass location.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
In my zip code, here in snowflake city, there are 11 people who tested positive out of a bit over one hundred tested. Population of this zip is about 20 or 30 thousand. No deaths in my zip code.

BF

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
So who voted 4?

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
No cases in the region, but the County Commissioners voted today to extend what was a 2 week 'quarantine' until April 24th - all hotels, airbbs, rv parks, campgrounds, and bars have to stay closed. Restaurants can have to go only. They are all patting themselves on the back.

One hotel owner is suing the County and the County Commissioners, with the exception of the Commissioner that voted no.

https://marfapublicradio.org/blog/g...lose-hotels-to-prevent-spread-of-coronavirus/

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I dunno... but by my count we have a total of 10 cases verified by GIMers.

I kind of expected higher numbers given we shut down the world for this damn thing!?

Is that success or overreaction?

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I dunno... but by my count we have a total of 10 cases verified by GIMers.

I kind of expected higher numbers given we shut down the world for this damn thing!?

Is that success or overreaction?
at this stage in the 'game', that's no longer a question that can clearly be answered